Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can this computer run TS4 in Ultra Settings and Smoothly?

Soooo, my brother bought a new laptop for his work and he won't be needing his computer anymore, so he decided to give it to me. Unfortunately, the motherboard still needs to be replaced. I still don't have the computer yet, and I'll probably have it this weekend, so I don't have the full specs yet.

As from what I've gathered from my brother, the specs are:
Graphics Card or Video Card: Nvidia GTX 750 (not sure if it has a Ti or none)
Processor: AMD FX 6300
Ram: 4 GB Ram
Storage: 1 TB

So my question, would it run TS4 and other previous sims games in ultra settings and smoothly? Also, can it run most games?

I've already PMed @Goldmoldar about this and he says playing in ultra settings could be a hit or a miss, but I still want more opinion about this. And also note, I'm not really sure if my brother would let me upgrade its ram or even the processor, but I'll do ask him. We haven't had the chance to talk about this since he's busy with work and other stuffs.
Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Comments

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I have Intel, so I'm not sure about Nvidia, but those specs are close to my old laptop. It can still run TS2, TS3, and TS4 with little to no problems, though I never tried ultra settings.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I have Intel, so I'm not sure about Nvidia, but those specs are close to my old laptop. It can still run TS2, TS3, and TS4 with little to no problems, though I never tried ultra settings.

I think most Intels can't run ultra settings? Not sure though.

edited May 2018
    According to this thread, I think it can run TS4 perfectly fine with ultra settings (hopefully cause I really am scared to be disappointed. I have suffered almost 4 years playing TS4 with low settings. I want my suffer to be over lmao).

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

I don't think so, that's why I've not tried it. :D Some of how well it runs can depend upon what's open in the background, too. I can't play TS3 with Chrome open where TS4 just lags unless I close it. TS2 plays beautifully no matter what. :)
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

I don't think so, that's why I've not tried it. :D Some of how well it runs can depend upon what's open in the background, too. I can't play TS3 with Chrome open where TS4 just lags unless I close it. TS2 plays beautifully no matter what. :)

TS2 is an old game, so it can probably run perfectly with almost anything.

I don't need to like open chrome when playing the game, so it's not much of a problem for me.

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I answered your pm . You need more ram for sure and a better processor if possible . This game is processor heavy. the game is not complete. If you want to add more and more Ep's packs and GP. Add cc and mods it would be a good idea to upgrade
    I answered your pm . You need more ram for sure and a better processor if possible . This game is processor heavy. the game is not complete. If you want to add more and more Ep's packs and GP. Add cc and mods it would be a good idea to upgrade

So does this mean I can't play TS4 in Ultra Settings?

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

The 4gb ram will be an issue. You need 8gb ram and no doubt need to upgrade the ram for this game. As far as ultra, I don't know with that processor. We have had other people run a laggy game on that processor. it's hit or miss because each computer is different. You would find out once you install the game and then decide if you want to upgrade the processor.

The 4gb ram will be an issue. You need 8gb ram and no doubt need to upgrade the ram for this game. As far as ultra, I don't know with that processor. We have had other people run a laggy game on that processor. it's hit or miss because each computer is different. You would find out once you install the game and then decide if you want to upgrade the processor.

That's what I'm probably going to see then. I'm not really sure if my brother would really let me upgrade it, but I'm going to convince him if it needs to be.