Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A quick SimGuru update...

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Very vague, not buying it. I am very skeptical and critical anyways though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Thanks, Graham and also SimGuruHouts :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Hi! I just wanted to add my voice to the other simmers thanking you both, SimGuruGraham and SimGuruHouts, for reassuring the community. I couldn't believe that there would be any abrupt end to PC/MAC, just not like EA/Maxis to do something like that. But it still was very nice of you two to come and calm the fears from the many. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    From SimGuruNeel

rcrwo2l.png
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Thank You Graham!! <3
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Thank you for the update
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2018
    I really do not care what end Sims 4 meets for it is not my favorite game and it is average while it may be okay. It is an game and that is all it is for me. If the series dies I move on to the next franchise. I saw how Sims City 2013 died and that was enough for me to be skeptical.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited May 2018

I don't want to leave out @SimGuruHouts, @SimGuruNeel, @SimGuruGraham, Thank you Guru's for stepping up
    I salute you all,

(Silence causes doubt, although arguments from silence can be used to draw conclusions about the intent.)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    From SimGuruNeel

rcrwo2l.png

Thanks for this one too :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    Thank you for reaching out. The community tends to take it hard when they feel like they've been left in the dark, I must say that The Sims community does seem a little bit more invested in the development of this game than most other fan communities. Many of us just want to see this game thrive and improve, so I think the community can be shaken by any changes that are perceived to possibly be negative (such as a number of devs leaving). It's nice to have some assurance.

I'm really excited to see what's next, and I'm looking forward to when EA Play comes around. :smile:
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • tajanakamentajanakamen Posts: 26 Member
    I'd like to add my thanks to @SimGuruGraham for alleviating some of the community's concerns. Also thanks to both @SimGuruHouts and @SimGuruNeel for their added efforts. I'm sure it's been a huge relief to many players across multiple platforms for there to be some sort of effort to connect and reassure the community despite the current lack of a CM.
  • ateKnaateKna Posts: 136 Member
    I'll start by saying that I do like the Sims 4 content, and your team's collective efforts in giving us this game. In the same breath, I came here and saw your post because I read a Kotaku article about this situation (GuruDrake leaving, and lack of updates); allow me in a short, few words to extend my prerogative on why the fear is real, and the power of The Media. In the blink of an eye, efficient journalism can destroy the faith of the community overnight. Remember Mass Effect Andromeda? That actually was not a bad a game, post-patch. I loved it, in fact. But the damage was already done, and people pushed the rolling snowball down the hill at breakneck speed.
    Your publisher, EA, has a serious reputation for swallowing delicious gaming studios whole and pretending they were never on the menu to begin with. I look at things like the Sims Mobile and see EA's sticky fingerprints all over the micro-transactions. If there is one thing EA loves more than loot crates, it's a good spattering of micro-transactions.
    So, thank you for coming here and worrying about us @SimGuruGraham. But beware the monstEAr in the room, because it eats people alive. Especially 3D modelers, programmers and game designers.
    Please just continue to give us interesting content, and see if you can beat your publisher at their own game, and we will be cheering for you from the stands.
    Thanks
  • cashew11cashew11 Posts: 18 Member
    Man oh Mannn do we fully appreciate you and all the work that you do @SimGuruGraham :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm not exactly convinced things aren't winding down for TS4.

I haven't seen anything I would want to play in TS4 since the release of Vampires which was some time ago. Nov. 2017 and Feb. 2018 released packs I had no interest in.

Just because you don’t like the content, doesn’t mean the game is winding down.

That’s an odd way to look at things, and is how rumors start when people make assumptions based on their own personal feelings and then try to relay them as statements.

That’s how the last few weeks of doom and gloom started.
    That one goes both ways ;)
    (great the guru spoke out, better late than never; in any case they’ll know the PC version still has a strong fanbase)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Thanks for the update I know you got somthing big in the pipeline I have theories (Sims 5 or a Spin-off like Medieval but learning from that) possibly Sesons or Session and University whatever I am ready for this big news.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    First of all, thanks for reaching out, @SimGuruGraham and to @SimGuruHouts and @SimGuruNeel for jumping in as well.

However, I can't help but feel that even though the act of breaking the silence is nice and was needed, it feels like a really vague statement. I am very sceptical since the infamous statement of "things change" some years ago and many more that came later. My experience with how TS4 has developed and how the Gurus have dealt with situations up until now is very mixed and even when I see the good intention, I remain incredulous.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    First of all, thanks for reaching out, @SimGuruGraham and to @SimGuruHouts and @SimGuruNeel for jumping in as well.

However, I can't help but feel that even though the act of breaking the silence is nice and was needed, it feels like a really vague statement. I am very sceptical since the infamous statement of "things change" some years ago and many more that came later. My experience with how TS4 has developed and how the Gurus have dealt with situations up until now is very mixed and even when I see the good intention, I remain incredulous.
    I agree with everything said here, including the thank you's.

While I am relieved that we're not done with the PC version, I'm still a bit skeptical about the future to come, especially after the latest pack (My First Pet Stuff), so as much as I enjoy the new content, I'll still be keeping an eye on the direction this game is going towards.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited May 2018
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »

I haven't seen anything I would want to play in TS4 since the release of Vampires which was some time ago. Nov. 2017 and Feb. 2018 released packs I had no interest in.

That’s an odd way to look at things, and is how rumors start when people make assumptions based on their own personal feelings and then try to relay them as statements.

That one goes both ways ;)
    (great the guru spoke out, better late than never; in any case they’ll know the PC version still has a strong fanbase)

I always wait for news from the source before I jump the gun on the future of the franchise ;)

Just because I love 4, doesn’t mean that I would do the opposite and pretend that it wasn’t ending if they announce it was.
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Thank you very much , @SimGuruGraham !! You seem like a wonderful human being and a cool guru !! I hope the sims 4 will eventually be the best sims game in history. Glad to be assured that the PC sims 4 continues to be successful.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Thank you so much for reaching out and letting us know. I feel more reassured now. Thank you. :)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's good to learn TS4 is doing well despite rumored budget cuts and layoffs. I understand the need for a community manager to coordinate any 'news' and to 'protect' gurus. However, as much as I appreciate SimGuruGraham (who is always concerned about fans/customers) and Maxis reputation/good standing with it's customer base, I'm not exactly convinced things aren't winding down for TS4.

I haven't seen anything I would want to play in TS4 since the release of Vampires which was some time ago. Nov. 2017 and Feb. 2018 released packs I had no interest in. Not to say those are bad EP/GPs but just not interested. How TS4 live service is structured and or it's patches and other content has not been something I have enjoyed compared to release schedules of previous games. I'm sure that isn't devs' fault but how EA wanted to structure live service and other things.

I hope the new community manager ( a bit of feedback now) will consider it's not very diplomatic to tell customers here on the forum they aren't the vast majority, and will realize most of us who play PC versions, couldn't care less about mobile game announcements, offers, and gameplay. Which I know will also fall under that umbrellla of their job. Most of us are die hard Simmers who will not play or convert to mobile or online or multi play. I said that to say this, (diplomacy isn't my strong suit) I hope the next community manager takes into consideration, the official forums and customers/fans would like to stay informed, have updates often about any 'news', and doesn't care to go over on Twitter for news, contests, or over at FB or other third party sites. Of cource we understand this is how news and info and all the other 'chatter' gets around these days, but I hope the forum users are shown a little more respect.

It's hard to think about TS4 is doing 'well' when we heard of budget cuts and layoffs, and some of our well known deveolpers leaving. And restructuring of the whole company. I'm sure it does, but when other games were doing 'well' they had more teams, bigger budgets, and content dropped like rain from heaven, and free offers, and a Maxis who stayed engaged almost daily.

These dry spells in TS4 are not new, but seems more pronouced this time due to the news of layoffs and budget cuts. That makes people doubt there is bigger and better things coming for this game or series.

Especially when Maxis or EA wants to interact with Sims Mobile and TS4 and offer things one for the other and intertwine them...making us think marketing thinks PC players would actually want to play mobile, too. Most don't. Because we don't have a community manager who understand PC gamers are a rarer breed, it only insults some of us to try to get me or some others to play Sims Mobile for a free picture frame etc. And it only makes us believe SM is the new kid on the block and Maxis and EA want to market it for all it's worth sacrificing the pc versions.

Maybe that was never the intention, but on the forums and other sites that is exactly what people believe. And in truth it's not our fault we do, now is it.

And this is nearly June (half a year gone) and no big EP like Seasons....I'm very happy to hear TS4 is doing well, I want those who enjoy to get all the fav EPs they love, but it's four years in Sept. and TS4 (other than some great GPs) has been lack luster to say the least. I hope you guys can muster Seasons and other big EPs like University and other things 'SuperStar' etc. before it ends or becomes back seat to mobile gaming.

I appreaciate Graham coming out though. to quiten down the doubts.

Beautifully put @Cinebar. Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I appreciate the update, I'd just like to know what's coming so I can at least try to get excited about the game again. June is still 2 months away...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2018

My point is not about what content is released but how much. And we all know TS4's limited content has not kept pace with the other games. It has been a very hard adjustment for most who, even if they didn't like Jungle Adventure, could have found something else they would have liked. That is the point. No need to tempt PC gamers to a mobile game if there was more content say like TS3 had every month. New worlds, new sets, new individual objects, even two EPs a year, one year there was three. That was the point. And since so many want Seasons (I would like to see TS4's Seasons) it's four years when past games released that in the third year. I know not to compare this game schedule to the others, but a long time Sim fan can't help but feel content is not as abudant or as often as before. It's been a sticking point for many for four years now. Then rumors of layoffs and budget cuts makes one wonder even more if there will ever be the EP they really wanted.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.