Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best gameplay lot without need to travel

My loading screen takes forever so I don't travel much. I would like to have a lot that:
a) is at least 40*30
b) children playground nearby
c) meeting point nearby (like chess tables, barbecue etc.)
d) fishing spot nearby
e) it's a pretty lot on a grass (not desert)
so I don't have to travel anywhere because of these things.
Now I know only about 2 locations in Willowcreek (Brook Bungalow and Umbrage Manor) but I would rather play in a different world. Do you know about any great gameplay lots?
EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
My build previews on this site HERE.

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Choose any lot near a fishing spot and add all the rest in build mode.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited May 2018
    How about Municipal Muses Museum on the commercial district?

Edit: Sorry it's not a different world. Only Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest have playgrounds for children. There's Midtown Meadows in Newcrest with nearby junglebars, fishing pond and I think there's barbeque too.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    What? I can add stuff outside my lot? I want something like that "park" next to Brook Bungalow. I don't want to travel to a park to meet other Sims but when I go to that "park" other Sims will come along. :'(

I've never done world editing, but I wonder if objects added through cheats will have the functionality of attracting neighbourhood sims, anyone know?
    edited May 2018
    What? I can add stuff outside my lot? I want something like that "park" next to Brook Bungalow. I don't want to travel to a park to meet other Sims but when I go to that "park" other Sims will come along. :'(

Well, you need a residential lot for your sim to live on. That imposes certain limitations straight away. But you can use build mode to add objects like barbeques, monkey bars, picnic tables, chess tables, etc.

You won't get a bunch of random sims spawning on the lot like you would on a "community" lot, but you can invite people over or have club meet-ups there.

If I were you I'd bulldoze the library in Willow Creek, rezone it to residential, build a house or add one from the Gallery, then add all the extra stuff you need. There's already a play area next door you can access without zoning and you can also run down to the water to fish. Oh and there's a barbeque there as well.
    edited May 2018

Well, you need a residential lot for your sim to live on. That imposes certain limitations straight away. But you can use build mode to add objects like barbeques, monkey bars, picnic tables, chess tables, etc.

You won't get a bunch of random sims spawning on the lot like you would on a "community" lot, but you can invite people over or have club meet-ups there.

Yes, I know about this. But I don't want to invite people or anything. When I have to meet like 5 new sims (doesn't matter if it's a whim or because of job/aspiration) I have to travel to another (community) lot or wait so long till someone passes by my house. But with this spawning places near some houses, all I have to do is go outside and sims will come.
    This is what I love about apartments, because when you go downstairs, there are meeting points with bunch of people. But around most of the residential lots is nothing, just nature, maybe a pond. I don't like the trees in Willowcreek, otherwise the Bungalow house is perfect.
    edited May 2018

Yes, I know about this. But I don't want to invite people or anything. When I have to meet like 5 new sims (doesn't matter if it's a whim or because of job/aspiration) I have to travel to another (community) lot or wait so long till someone passes by my house. But with this spawning places near some houses, all I have to do is go outside and sims will come.
    This is what I love about apartments, because when you go downstairs, there are meeting points with bunch of people. But around most of the residential lots is nothing, just nature, maybe a pond. I don't like the trees in Willowcreek, otherwise the Bungalow house is perfect.

(Deleted - double post)
    edited May 2018

I edited my previous post. Like I said in the last paragraph, try bulldozing the library in Willow Creek and rezoning it to residential. There's lots of pedestrian action in that zone.

I know you said you don't like Willow Creek, but that's all I've got for spaces with a lot of greenery and it's pretty ideal otherwise. Maybe there's a place in the Pets world if you have that EP (I don't).
    Thank you, I will look at it.
    I have sims living on that lot and I like it there, but it's smaller on the size. The Museum lot is further away from the playground, but it's 40x30. I believe that Midtown Meadows in Newcrest doesn't have the pink trees (if those are the ones you dislike?).
    I have sims living on that lot and I like it there, but it's smaller on the size. The Museum lot is further away from the playground, but it's 40x30. I believe that Midtown Meadows in Newcrest doesn't have the pink trees (if those are the ones you dislike?).

I don't like those with hanging liana or whatever it is. I didn't think about Newcrest. Is there anything between empty lots? Like sims spawning place?

I don't like those with hanging liana or whatever it is. I didn't think about Newcrest. Is there anything between empty lots? Like sims spawning place?

Yep there's fishing pond, barbeque and playground with monkey bars.

Yep there's fishing pond, barbeque and playground with monkey bars.

Thank you so much
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Is it a normal green leaf tree you dislike or the more colorful one?
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited May 2018
    The Old Salt House in San Myshuno has two fishing spots at one side and a square with various activities at the other side.
    Some changes might be needed for using the house for living. It's only 30 x 30, though, but is a two story house.

The fishing spots are not visible from the house but only from the river as you need to go down a ramp to reach them.
    The square has some activities for children, too, and has some of the festivals.

Edit: Some pictures from The Old Salt House in my game might be found here. Four sims are living there.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I would also recommend the Old Salt House in San Myshuno. You are in the middle of the city, in the wonderful Spice District and still have space to garden. But I did not like house so much for my purposes, so I downloaded the 'Grungy Warehouse' from MaxisCreator_01 and then remodeled it to look like the remodel in the official trailer. It is so colorful, I love it.

ENQFWuh.jpg

And you have space out back to do backyard stuff, to me that's the best of both worlds (city & suburbs).

tb4DInL.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited May 2018
    The Spice District (You would would the Old Salt House as others suggested) is my absolute favorite for this kind of gameplay, but if you don't like that location then Magnolia Promenade is an excellent option too.

There is a children's playground, chess table across the road, and fishing spots. Bulldoze the lots in Magnolia Promenade and rezone them as Residential. I usually put in a restaurant, b/c I like having one around, but since you don't want load screens, you could just do all residential lots so all your favorite sims are in the same neighborhood. You'll see everyone out and about jogging, at the playground, playing chess, or fishing. If you don't mind only having 4 lots to work with, it's the perfect spot for the things you're looking for.

Magnolia Promenade
    tumblr_oe6ttzlQ0j1vorh5do4_1280.jpg

You can see a large "park" like area behind the house
    tumblr_oe6pim1shy1vorh5do6_1280.jpg

This shot lets you see the park and the bbq area that sims can grill at. (It's where the umbrella tables are).
    tumblr_oe6nzo0GoP1vorh5do7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_odk43mlPzd1vorh5do5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oczxvhlGjX1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

It's a really pretty area to set up a small neighborhood. :)
    tumblr_odk3rnVtGd1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_odk3rnVtGd1vorh5do2_1280.jpg

There are a few residential lots in front of a park in Newcrest, too. That's where this screenshot was taken. Only monkey bars are at it, though.
    tumblr_oczxnhT5ot1vorh5do6_1280.jpg

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The Spice District (You would would the Old Salt House as others suggested) is my absolute favorite for this kind of gameplay, but if you don't like that location then Magnolia Promenade is an excellent option too.

There is a children's playground, chess table across the road, and fishing spots. Bulldoze the lots in Magnolia Promenade and rezone them as Residential. I usually put in a restaurant, b/c I like having one around, but since you don't want load screens, you could just do all residential lots so all your favorite sims are in the same neighborhood. You'll see everyone out and about jogging, at the playground, playing chess, or fishing. If you don't mind only having 4 lots to work with, it's the perfect spot for the things you're looking for.

Your Magnolia Promenade is beautiful !

I believe the harbor (Whiskerman's Wharf) in Brindleton Bay also has all of these things and there are two 40x30 lots.
    edited May 2018
    Magnolia Promenade and Whiskerman's Wharf are nice additions to the list! Looks like I completely forgot a couple of places with playgrounds. I love Windenburg, but it was always a bit disappointing for families with children because of the lack of playgrounds.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited May 2018
    Which neigberhoods have a jungle gym?.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Newcrest
    It doesn't tell for Newcrest...

Right now I have:
    WC: Pendula View
    OS: Parched Prospect and Oasis Springs Commercial District

And for Brindleton Bay?

Myshuno Meadows has a playground, does it have a jungle gym? Can someone make a list lol.

Edit: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21608.0 This is very helpful! Now for the other worlds haha
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2018
    If you don't want to travel but still experience a lot of gameplay and meeting sims and so on then Magnolia Parade is a good one. You need to have Get to work for it though. Here are some pics I took for you :)

There is a little picnic bbq area where there will almost always be sims or some leftovers to munch on
    cVpOmB8.png

If you want to build logic and play a game of chess there is an area with two chess tables
    H9FeMPt.png

Lovely little fishing spot as well
    y97h6bR.png

and for the kids a park to play at with public toilets
    POfqNBp.png

There are only four lots in that world, so if you bulldoze them and place only what you want there then this world is the best for not travelling. All the things above can be accessed without travelling no matter which of the 4 lots you move into, because its like one big neighbourhood not like the others that have parts in theirs.

WARjn6a.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2018
    I am going to try something, will get back to you once I seen if it works.

Did not work, I thought sims could live on generic lots then other sims will come onto your lot without permission, but nope did not work bleh. Well Magnolia parade is a nice option then
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I play in Newcrest. The lot I use has the playground right there (although it's often pretty deserted, unfortunately), about 5/6 collection nodes (plus 2 frog ones), 2 fishing spots, a few parcs with bbq spots.

I moved when C&D came out and missed it too much so I went back there.
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    This thread is just what I need. Man, the loading time seriously frustrates me big time!!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    Which neigberhoods have a jungle gym?.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Newcrest
    It doesn't tell for Newcrest...

Right now I have:
    WC: Pendula View
    OS: Parched Prospect and Oasis Springs Commercial District

And for Brindleton Bay?

Myshuno Meadows has a playground, does it have a jungle gym? Can someone make a list lol.

Edit: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21608.0 This is very helpful! Now for the other worlds haha

Bottom left neighborhood for Newcrest. Both monkey bars and the pirate boat.