Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

β™₯ Supernatural Island... β€‹πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ πŸ§šπŸ§ β€‹πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈβ€‹ πŸΊπŸ§›πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈ=]

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Jude525

I am so pleased to hear that you are now a fan of @Hidehi builds as I feel they are so creative and very worthy of attention :) I had no idea there were other build threads as frankly I am terrible at navigating this forum most of the time despite being around for some years-) and as for my own building skills well lets just say I could never survive without the awesome skills of creative builders :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @SPARKY1922 I mostly depend on leapfrogging from one build thread to another through recommendations. I rarely find one directly myself. There are just SO many to sort through, it is easier to let people with similar interests point me in the right direction.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525

Lol I understand completely as I find it so difficult to keep up with forum threads/websites as much as I would like ( I especially like looking at builds and scenery threads) but don't always have time to keep up :)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @Rflong7 , @SPARKY1922 and of course anyone else who may be interested,

Twin Peaks is finished and has been uploaded to the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9199777
    This building is best placed at King's Gardens which I changed into a residential lot.
    I've play-tested but without checking the function of the stable so if there are any problems please let me know.
    EiZJR3X.jpg?1

P9hUaWV.jpg?1

6PdCcHc.jpg?1

Happy Simming! :) x

@Hidehi

Yet another stunning gorgeous build from you on a lot size that was not easy to fill. The whole area there now looks so beautifully in keeping with that area of the map and yet again I am so grateful for all your hard work which of course has been downloaded immediately and rec :)<3
    @Hidehi That is beautiful. To be honest, I don't usually play such expansive properties. But the layout is simple and clean, so I may end up there at some point. If nothing else, it is beautiful scenery to walk past. Especially since the front gardens are really well done.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• NocturnusEklipseNocturnusEklipse Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello @Hidehi @Rflong7 , Im dying to play on this island and plan to literally download all your lots Hidehi, but I have to ask if you possibly have a World save to share with the lots already placed that you have made for the world so far to save some time. I noticed RFlong has not updated it in a while
    > @NocturnusEklipse said:
    > Hello @Hidehi @Rflong7 , Im dying to play on this island and plan to literally download all your lots Hidehi, but I have to ask if you possibly have a World save to share with the lots already placed that you have made for the world so far to save some time. I noticed RFlong has not updated it in a while
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    > NocturnusEklipse said:
    > Hello Hidehi @Rflong7 , Im dying to play on this island and plan to literally download all your lots Hidehi, but I have to ask if you possibly have a World save to share with the lots already placed that you have made for the world so far to save some time. I noticed RFlong has not updated it in a while

Hi :)

What update are you expecting? I haven't made any changes to the world
    I also haven't added her Awesome lots. Adding her lots to my world would take away the credit she deserves for her builds because anyone interested in the world wouldn't have to download, favorite, and Recommends her lots. I think she deserves All the Downloads and Recommends she's earned for the beautiful lots.

Plus- I have to say it, she took a LOT of time to build and decorate plus posting the pictures and links- it's not much on others to take a few minutes to download, Rec, and appreciate her hard work. That's just considerate- imo.
    Yea after posting that I realize I was in the wrong so already downloaded it :) @Rflong7
    Yea after posting that I realize I was in the wrong so already downloaded it :)@Rflong7

It's not wrong to ask, just sometimes we forget some of the work that goes into these. Maybe she will share or she just uses different saves for building. I know I change files so much I don't have a build save. :)

I'm sure her builds are worth the wait. :)
    @Rflong7 I have to admit, on first thought it sounded like a great idea. I love @hidehi's work and plan to include it all anyway, so getting a single download that included both seemed like a no brainer. But, as you've said, I am sure she has included other peoples' work in her working game. And, at that point, the credits could run like a Cannes' festival entry. *grin* I think of the one build I've posted that included custom content. Just gathering the proper credits for that was daunting enough to make me think twice before going that road again.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    Hi Rflong7,

Loving the look of Supernatural Island. It simply exudes atmosphere!

After being away from the Sims 3 forums for a while, I am so glad to see you are still here, because as long as you are creating and sharing your worlds, the sims will remain alive and fresh. :)

While skimming through your thread, I saw so many must have lots that others have built for Supernatural Island. So much inspiration!

Thank you everyone! :)
    RoseRidge

Hi @NocturnusEklipse,

so glad to read that you have downloaded Rflong7's Supernatural Island already ... I'm sure you are finding it an AWESOME WORLD to play!!!
    I would not have been able to upload a save-file anyway I'm afraid as I have several projects that are nowhere near ready to be shared and I keep chopping and changing things in various saves. But I very much appreciate your interest in my builds, thank you and happy simming on Supernatural Island! :)

@Jude525 ,

lol, you are absolutely right that I would not be willing to relinquish a save where the necessary acknowledgements for other people's work that one has included would end up like those endless movie credits ;) ...

I'm still hoping that your building-mojo will return soon my dearest @Rflong7 especially as I know that you would make an even better job of creating the lots ... but I'm just having far too much fun to stop just yet :D ...

Hope my next WIP planned for Miller's Court will fit the general theme of the vampire area too:
    hfkOFk7.jpg?1

This lot will include a Japanese Sushi Bar, Bakery/Cafe, Nerd Shop and Bowling Alley etc. ...

ZU6n1xm.jpg?1

I am expecting this project to take quite a while <3 x
    @Hidehi

wooo thank you for the sneak peak of millers court it looks wonderful in that setting (and one of my favorite areas) as you already know :) I adore the look of the towers and the way you have designed it around the wall turrets (if that is what they are even called as I am not sure-) and believe me any project you undertake however long it takes is always worth the wait because your attention to detail is awesome :)

• Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I'm in love with the haunted looking world !!
    edited May 2018

Hi all ... especially @Rflong7 and @SPARKY1922 ,

just to let you know I have finished and uploaded another build for the Vampire district :) : https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212967

'The Silver Bullet' is a restaurant and is best placed at 62 Hanbury Street ... I have not used the 'It's Business Time Industrial Oven' before and I was not going to upload as other simmers seem to have had quite a few issues but I must admit I've had such a great time building and play-testing this venue that I decided to share it anyway and hope that whoever adds it to the beautiful Supernatural Island will have as much fun as I did.
    itG47dA.jpg?1

zVmSrxT.jpg?1
    Although disputed by some ... Supernaturals can order from the menu, but the chefs seem to change quite a bit and are not always in uniform

OBGbFhI.jpg?1

SPARKY1922 ... the gorgeous vampire couple are of course no other than romagi1's Arad and Abella Verdasha :)

NodeHxU.jpg?1
    I will now continue to concentrate on finishing the WIP at Miller's Court .....

Happy Simming! :) x

Edited to enter correct creator of the Verdasha household x
    Post edited by Hidehi on
    Hi @Hidehi

what a wonderful stunning build that fits in so well within those vampire walls. I adore the outside seating area as well this is yet another perfectly designed venue for that area with multiple entertainment uses. I had to look twice when I saw my DNA requested vampire and fairy couple by @romagi1 having a wonderful time at the venue I am dying to play with that couple again.. I can spend ages ogling this world in the snow and that last pic shows that area in snow so beautifully. I am still spending my spare time continually testing different mods/cc so there is less chance of anything going wrong when I get back to this world as I will be adding quite a large amount of themed CC when I start playing again not to mention the mods that allow a particular style of gameplay-)

I am pleased you added the industrial oven to the venue despite its drawbacks as there are mods that do help with the peculiarities of this content however the reason a lot of chef's change uniforms/clothes or run off in the middle of an order is because these particular NPC's usually have another job elsewhere and if it is time to start that job they change outfits and do an immediate runner lol and if there is a celebrity trying to order they change outfits yet again stop taking the order just to get an autograph :) I usually end up end up designating the chef job to a townie via mods and that usually resolves the problem but it's just a shame that EA gave us a great bit of content and then not code it to work efficiently-)

Again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your beautiful builds for this world :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @SPARKY1922 I have a theory. I think EA knew there are modders out there. Therefore they just gave us the bare bones of content and left it to the modders to do whatever people wanted with it. I use the oven in a lot of my builds but my sims rarely come into contact with it. The most contact I have are the notices I get telling me about a chef not being available and that a new chef will be working that shift. I do have the mod that adds the waiter - don't know if I've got it in at the moment though.

I'm looking forward to this new world when you've all finished testing and developing things for it.

Have fun and, as always - Happy Simming
    Hi @Karritz

You may be right but what does that say about a company that does that because if modders can achieve the animations we players need/want or simply to fix something that is obviously wrong then the developers must have been able to experience this during the supposed testing phase (if they ever really had one-) and I say that because anyone who has spent any real time playing with this this sort of content can pick up the negatives in a short amount of time so why didn't they? and more importantly put it right..

As much as this time time consuming testing is causing me to shut down the game because I am getting fed up of doing it I know I would probably not be able to play this game without my beloved mods/cc so I pretend I am at work and must have the patience :)

I am sure I designated the chef and the waitstaff through a Nrass mod where I could make townies turn up and work as if it was their normal employment and it worked very well no running off to do something else in the middle of the shift.. Anni (now also over at Nrass) developed a mod for this content which was fab but many of us experienced a disembodied voice of the waiter/waitress a long time after our visiting sims left the lot so sadly I had to take it out but you reminding me just now while I am testing again I might give it another go to see if that issue cleared up because it was the easiest mods to make good use of this oven in a restaurant setting..

I think the rate @Hidehi is making these wonderful builds for the world and we add a few from other creators as well the world is already playable now :)

Hi @SPARKY1922 ,

thank you very much for your lovely comment! I'm very glad that you like my latest addition to the Vampire District :) x
    Hi @Hidehi :mrgreen:

It's so Wonderful! I updated the first page to link to more of your builds. I hope I got them all- linked your Studio so if I did miss anything.
    Thanks so Much for sharing all your Creative work! :cookie: :hugz: :D
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2018
    Oh, I'm so glad you're working on this again! I've downloaded every lot by @Hidehi for this; it's what reminded me that you had been working on this world in the first place. (I had completely forgotten about it.)

I think I downloaded the version you have on your site, although you've said that that isn't complete. I'm assuming you'll post it to the Exchange once it's complete?

Are you going to post a list on the first page saying where each of Hideni's lots goes? (Or... something like that.) Because I have no idea where to place them. :p

I can't wait to see this world in all its glory. I have the feeling it's going to become one of my favorites once it's finished. :)
    Oh, I'm so glad you're working on this again! I've downloaded every lot by @Hidehi for this; it's what reminded me that you had been working on this world in the first place. (I had completely forgotten about it.)

I think I downloaded the version you have on your site, although you've said that that isn't complete. I'm assuming you'll post it to the Exchange once it's complete?

Are you going to post a list on the first page saying where each of Hideni's lots goes? (Or... something like that.) Because I have no idea where to place them. :p

I can't wait to see this world in all its glory. I have the feeling it's going to become one of my favorites once it's finished. :)

Hi :mrgreen:

I won't say I'm working on it again. :(

I did link to each of the recent posts Hidehi made for the lots where which says/shows where the lots are built. I hope that helps with placement. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top