Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ambitions- Firefighter Not Being Promoted?

SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
So. My Sim's a firefighter and the bar is REALLY close to the end, but she's not getting a promotion. I admit, I moved the bar closer because she's already maxed the athletic and handiness skill and, thus, filling the bar was SUPER slow. I believe I was promoted back in my other save file, but it broke, and I had to go to an older one. I'm wondering if there is a certain job that must be done to be promoted? She's a sergeant right now. I'm leaning towards the job needing to be completed answer because even the "cheat" way of doing it (dragging the progress bar) isn't working for a promotion, and usually that it isn't an issue.

Also, I considered putting this under bugs, but I'm not sure it's a bug. And I already have another topic up top there. So it would feel weird to add another one right now XD

EDIT: So, I guess I was just incorrect about how far along she was, as she got promoted! ...Of course, this was awhile ago, I just never got around to updating this. And now she's dead.

R.I.P Brady Hunter
She had to die for the story
Post edited by Serabee on

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I've never heard of this glitch, if that's what it is, but then again I think I only ever played the firefighter profession twice and that would have been six or seven years ago. I don't remember ever thinking that my sim wasn't getting credit for jobs or was overdue for a promotion or anything else that would suggest an issue. I do think that some jobs count more than others, but every completed job should net a firefighter some credit. If your sim's progress bar is truly stuck, though, there are a couple of things you can do.

If you don't use mods, you can try evicting the sim and moving her back in. I suppose copying her house, bulldozing, and replacing it couldn't hurt, either, although I'm not sure it would help. Perhaps replacing the fire station could work, although you'd have to be careful to place a new one before you do this (even if you're going to delete it again), as she might lose her job if there's no station on the map for even a moment.

If you do use nraas mods, MasterController can force a promotion. sim>intermediate>career>level, and choose the one above where she is now. If that doesn't work, or she can't progress afterwards, a MC reset (under advanced) might help. Or you could have her quit, reset her, and then use MC to give her back her old status. Of course, you could use this to cheat her all the way to the top if you wanted, but then what's the point of a job at all? Oh, right, money (and sometimes special genetics).

As a side note, I think MC can also be used to set a sim's level in a certain skill, so in theory you could reset your sim to a few levels below max in athletic and handiness and then have her work her way back up. But I've never tried this, and I have no idea if she'd still earn job performance credit for skilling up if the game *remembered* that she'd already hit level ten once.