Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are you all from? How long you been playing Sims?

Comments

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Hi, I´m from Germany.

I started playing Sims 3 in late 2014. I actually wanted to buy Sims 4, because my favourite Youtubers were playing it, but in the comments for Sims 4 everyone was saying that Sims 3 was way better, so I bought it instead and was hooked from the beginning.

Never played Sims 1, but I did spend hours and hours with SimCity 3000. I also play Sims 4 now and recently started with Sims 2, but Sims 3 is still my favourite.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    it is so cool to connect with people from all over the world who love playing sims
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I have often wondered how many people that i have worked with or live near play sims. I got my daughter and niece hooked on sims way back with sims1. I know a couple other people that have dabbled with it but aren't true simmers because they put it down and never picked it back up. I dont understand how that can happen but it does i suppose.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I'm from Ontario, Canada. I've been playing Sims for a little over a year, I guess. I was trying out a bunch of mobile games to help pass the time during my daily commute. I was playing Sims Freeplay, got hooked, and that's when I decided to check out Sims 4. Ironically, once I started playing Sims 4 I never went back to the mobile game.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    HI! I'm from Paris France and I discovered the sims playing The Urbz on my brother's gamecube. Then I only started to play on my laptop with the sims 3 a few years ago.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    From CO... Lived in lovely Los Angeles for 17 years, but came back to Colorado for family reasons. Been playing the Sims since TS1. It's funny... I'm a builder.. so naturally I was playing a city building game one day (Pharaoh) when my boyfriend at the time started playing the first Sims Game. I could hear the sims talking to each other while he was playing, and asked him what he was playing... then walked over and watched him for a few minutes. Next thing I know, I'm hooked.

I really enjoyed TS2...but almost destroyed it with CC. I got all EP's except Apartment Life. When I saw the advertisements for TS3...I couldn't wait to get it. No CC for that game... just what the Store offered, and of course Nraas Mods. I love TS3 and still play it to this day. Sunlit Tides is my favorite world, then I would have to rank Hidden Springs, Moonlit Falls, and Lucky Palms as my next favorite worlds to play. Absolutely loved IP...but I don't like how it's all broken up. Need a bit more flat land to go with that wide ocean. Roaring Heights was fantastic...except I had all kinds of routing issues with that world and gave up on it.

I love TS3 and will always have it installed on whatever computer I own.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello

I am from Sweden. I have played Sims since The sims 1, but
    it goes in periods and sometimes I play other games aswell.
    I love the sims 3 so that game is what I play the most these days of the sims games.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Simmers are from everywhere aren’t they!? Nice to read it all.

I’m from The Netherlands, a village not far from Rotterdam. I bought Sims 1 in 2001 and played it for five hours straight, it felt addictive right away. And still I never opened the game again after that because I felt it was too hard to keep them satisfied. As if there was some kind of barrier between me and the actual game.

In 2009 my daughter introduced me to Sims 3 and what do you know, they had taken away that barrier! I fell in love with the game head over heals and still am, to this very day.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yay...all you Canucks (@dreamerz13, @Goulsquash, @mikamakimon) raise a:
    15663_p525_Hero_Cup_full-10_inch.png
    Timmies, eh! :D

Any more us Canadians out there? :D
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Born, raised and still live in Michigan. :) My daughter played sims when she was much younger. She always got a sims game or expansion for every Christmas and birthday. Started with Sims 1 and continued through Sims 2 and I believe she had every disc. (yeah, spoiled rotten :D ). That's when I started playing the Sims. But Sims 3 is a more recent purchase and is all mine! ;)
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Hi, I'm from south east England and have been playing sims since 2011. I first got hooked when I bought the sims 2 Nintendo ds game and from there I played castaway on the Wii. Eventually I started playing sims 2 on PC which is what I play mostly. I love sims 3 but my laptop doesn't run it very well, hopefully I will be able to play it when I get a proper gaming pc. Have tried sims 4 and like some aspects of the game but prefer 2 and 3. Have never played the first sims but would like to give it a go.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I'm from Sweden, or Sverige as we call it. So I'm a viking, but I also have some ancestors from Prussia in northern Germany. :tongue:

I liked to play old Nintendo games, but sometime around 2005/06 I saw articles about Sims 2 on the internet, and found the game interesting. Then in the autumn of 2006 I bought the game and got hooked, so I bought all the EP's and SP's. I bought Sims 3 when it came out, but continued playing TS2 for about a year. Now I only play Sims 3 and have all the packs except the Katy Perry one. :blush:
    I feel like I'm the "mom" of all of my sims. I make sure they have everything they need, do what they are supposed to and get along well with other sims.

I know the feeling! My selfsim is a bit of a Matriarch in my game, so I feel very connected to her extended family, so her grandchildren are my grandsims. :lol: It's fun and makes the game feel like something more than just a game. It's like an extension or an alternative to the boring real world. ^^

I'm having a break from the game at the moment. When it starts to feel like a chore and I'm out of ideas I like to take breaks. Two sims are about to start a family and have their first child, so I know it will be fun to dive back into the game when I feel like it. :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I'm from the USA, lived all over as Dad was in the Air Force. Lived most of my life in North Carolina though, and now live in Florida.

I started playing with Sims City games and console versions until hubby bought Sims 3 PC base and Supernatural for me in 2012 and I haven't looked back since, and will not look forward either as Sims 4 is not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan I totally forgot that I started out on SimCity games! Never tried a console sims though.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I'm from Florida.

I started playing TS1 - my best friend got me hooked when she showed me the base game. I immediately went to Media Play (no longer in business) and bought Deluxe. I wanted Unleashed because those were the advertisements that were running at the time, but after I figured out that you absolutely had to install in order of release, I went back to Media Play and loaded up on all of the previous EPs!
    I bought the rest of the EPs upon release and this behavior continued through TS2. I've bought everything for TS3 and and most of TS4 some time after the release dates.

Hi. I'm Anmirla and I'm a Sims addict.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    HI! I'm from Paris France and I discovered the sims playing The Urbz on my brother's gamecube. Then I only started to play on my laptop with the sims 3 a few years ago.

@Dianesims : Coucou !

___

I come from France. That excuse my bad English :p
    I played the sims for a very long time now since I was 16 so roughly 2004-2005. I started with the Sims original. I switch to the sims 2 I never really played due to problems but I got the whole collection and I decorate a lot with I wish to fix my game for good but I have always troubles with CC. I play ts4 but my heart and soul are in Sunset Valley and with the sims 3 I am totally addicted. <3
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    I played SimCity for a while. I enjoyed it , but nothing beats Sims :)
  • Options
    "Hi. I'm Anmirla and I'm a Sims addict."

LOL me too !
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm from British Columbia, Canada. The Sims 1 was the first PC game I ever owned, when I got my first PC I was given a choice of free games to go with it and chose that one. I bought it all, every SP and EP for Sims 1, 2 and for Sims 3! ( any new PC I buy I make sure they can play the game so I have never had a problem playing it).
  • Options
    CoverttCovertt Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm from Finland. Started playing The sims -games when the first game came out. I was hooked ever since. Never got my own game copy, not until I was probably 10 years old and that was The sims 2 for playstation. Before that I played sims games at my friends place :)
  • Options
    ButtersimsButtersims Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm from Ontario, Canada. It's always lovely to meet new people from other countries, especially when we all love the same things. I've been a sims addict since TS1, and I don't think I'll stop just yet!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited May 2018
    @nickibitsward Yay...another BC'r :) We're swarming the thread... :mrgreen: We got one from the Southern Interior and I'm from the Lower Mainland. :D :thumbsup: Go BC... Whoot! :D You Lower Mainland or Interior or up North... :)

@Buttersims. Yay...another Canuck! :) Didn't realize there were so many of us around... eh.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I got The Sims game when I lived in New Mexico- it came free with our computer. :)
    I didn't play it but my son did for a little while.

I started playing it after we moved to South Carolina and my husband was sent on his third tour over seas. I found it in our game cabinet while cleaning it out. I stayed up all night, almost, and had such fun with just the base game. It was a hard game. :lol:

Then I bought the other expansions- as many as I could find since it was almost over- and added them slowly. It was fun. I was so excited for TS2. :)

I now live in Hot Springs Arkansas. :cookie:

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    @nickibitsward Yay...another BC'r :) We're swarming the thread... :mrgreen: We got one from the Southern Interior and I'm from the Lower Mainland. :D :thumbsup: Go BC... Whoot! :D You Lower Mainland or Interior or up North... :)

@Buttersims. Yay...another Canuck! :) Didn't realize there were so many of us around... eh.

I'm in Northern B.C. (Kitimat). Surprised to see how many of us on here, too!

• Options
    AmylsimsAmylsims Posts: 108 Member
    I’m from London and I first bought the Sims 2 in 2010!