This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Anybody else feel like the forum is boring now that there's no new Sims 4 news?

«1
ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Maybe it's just me...
I wonder if they noticed a decrease in traffic...
Maybe that's why they started doing the 'Friday Highlight' threads...

With no new news about Sims 4, I don't have a reason to be on the forum anymore...
I'm disappointed...
And sad...

Comments

  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Same. I only check here to see if there's anything new. Once there is, I browse people talking about it and sometimes join in myself. However, since we've been in the dark ever since Drake left, all I do is just check the forums. When there's no news, I leave until a few days later, checking again.

    And the circle continues.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yeah, I mean, why be on the forum to talk about the game if you're not playing anyway, right? ;)

    Can't post screenshots or share stories or anything like that if you don't have any, I suppose.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    Yea I feel you. In fact the Speculation and Rumor is my favorite category here on the forums :D It was even bookmarked on my phone :D I feel like it is always interesting to talk up about upcoming content. The Expansion section alone feels already like a graveyard. It only comes to life from August to December.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Naw I'm not bored here yet. Still come here too often for my own good. Lurking in the shadows is always an option.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    OMG yes!! were it not for the fact that I'm mostly busy with uni work at the moment I'd be bored stiff.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    i personally think there are other factors but yes i do think the lack of any new content or news about any content is a reason why people do not have much to say about this game right now.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I still find the forum itself interesting but I am getting ansty with the lack of news.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Extremely boring. I've checked here and SimsVIP endlessly. I wish we had a good rumor about content going around. At least it'd be interesting.
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Nope. I’m at Off-Topic chat 90% of the time where it’s always fun. I honestly rarely come here to look at news announcements or updates.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've regularly posted on the forum all the time until 10 days ago; since then I've only just checked the forum once a day. Granted my time has become much more interested in other games, but it's also partly because there's isn't much Sims news to keep my interest in regular activity on the forum for too long...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Same , same . I haven't even played for near a month now - so very , very odd for me.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I'm here a lot less but my real life has gotten crazy busy these last few months so I was blaming it on that.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member


    Well, some are afraid and worried they may lose Sims 4 a game they love.
    Some are afraid and worried they may lose Sims 4 a game they love to hate.
    truth is I feel the haters will cry more because the players will at least have the game to turn to.

    A sad state of affairs indeed.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me...
    I wonder if they noticed a decrease in traffic...
    Maybe that's why they started doing the 'Friday Highlight' threads...

    With no new news about Sims 4, I don't have a reason to be on the forum anymore...
    I'm disappointed...
    And sad...

    Well I'm enjoying the speculation forum.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    Extremely boring. I've checked here and SimsVIP endlessly. I wish we had a good rumor about content going around. At least it'd be interesting.

    Fear not atleast we know a patch will be coming this month and probably some packs for the console.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    First I was sad and bored because there was no TS4 news BUT now I'm kinda thankful for it.
    Because there was no news of TS4 I ended up watching TS3 videos and ended up buying TS3 and now I'm hooked! :smiley:
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    But the packs associated with the console version are the same ones we already have for the PC version. Nothing exciting about that, sadly. That simply ticks me off because we haven't received any news as to what is coming for the PC version. No offense intended, catloverplayer, but I can't get hyped about playing a pack I already own. And I refuse to buy the console version of Sims4 or download the mobile version for that matter. I purchased the PC version along with the packs, so since the PC version came out before those I kind of expected it to be further along than it is now.

    As far as this forum feeling like a ghost town, yeah, it is feeling that way more and more all the time. I tried to get interested in the speculation area but that just ticked me off even more because of all the great ideas being discussed that would help Sims4 be a better game and the worst part of that is the fact very few of those great ideas will make it into the game at all. And since EA has become so tight-lipped again about sharing news, I can understand why Simmers have stopped dropping by. It's simply sad and disappointing EA keeps returning to giving fans the cold shoulder. It's a childish game EA is playing right now with holding back on announcements. EA Play is an event. It is not the Sims4 game. Using EA Play as an excuse for not making any news available on upcoming content is a bit like telling your grade school teacher your dog ate your homework. Waiting for EA Play to arrive is booorrrring, because we all know anything they say about Sims4 will be very brief as they are making the action games the headliners of the event. So why not give us the few minutes of time set aside for any news on Sims4 at EA Play now rather than drag this out for another 5 weeks? Oh, and I will not be taking part in anything at EA Play and that includes the live streams and vids released by attendees on YouTube. I am royally ticked off and have the sudden urge to kick nearby trashcans or rip the heads off campers in stupid bear suits. I wonder if there is a mod for that....... :p
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    But the packs associated with the console version are the same ones we already have for the PC version. Nothing exciting about that, sadly. That simply ticks me off because we haven't received any news as to what is coming for the PC version. No offense intended, catloverplayer, but I can't get hyped about playing a pack I already own. And I refuse to buy the console version of Sims4 or download the mobile version for that matter. I purchased the PC version along with the packs, so since the PC version came out before those I kind of expected it to be further along than it is now.

    As far as this forum feeling like a ghost town, yeah, it is feeling that way more and more all the time. I tried to get interested in the speculation area but that just ticked me off even more because of all the great ideas being discussed that would help Sims4 be a better game and the worst part of that is the fact very few of those great ideas will make it into the game at all. And since EA has become so tight-lipped again about sharing news, I can understand why Simmers have stopped dropping by. It's simply sad and disappointing EA keeps returning to giving fans the cold shoulder. It's a childish game EA is playing right now with holding back on announcements. EA Play is an event. It is not the Sims4 game. Using EA Play as an excuse for not making any news available on upcoming content is a bit like telling your grade school teacher your dog ate your homework. Waiting for EA Play to arrive is booorrrring, because we all know anything they say about Sims4 will be very brief as they are making the action games the headliners of the event. So why not give us the few minutes of time set aside for any news on Sims4 at EA Play now rather than drag this out for another 5 weeks? Oh, and I will not be taking part in anything at EA Play and that includes the live streams and vids released by attendees on YouTube. I am royally ticked off and have the sudden urge to kick nearby trashcans or rip the heads off campers in stupid bear suits. I wonder if there is a mod for that....... :p

    I agree. All of my time has been spent on the sims 2
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've not been spending as much time here mostly because I've picked times when my internet isn't as busy so I can get done here faster and I'm also in TS2 and TS3 sections most of the time since I play both of them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The forums have been dead for a long time. A few years back the forums used to explode regularly but now it is a bit like a run down town. Still the same place but needs a lick of paint and something new to get business started again
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    Not at all bored. There are plenty of threads to participate in or read for those who actually play and share.
  • Options
    DarkZephyrDarkZephyr Posts: 62 Member
    edited May 2018
    Astreon wrote: »
    Nope. I’m at Off-Topic chat 90% of the time where it’s always fun. I honestly rarely come here to look at news announcements or updates.

    Which means the fun that you have here is absolutely unrelated to the Sims franchise. So while your answer to the OP's question was
    "No", it does little to negate their point. Not that you were trying to negate it, of course.
    Stormsview wrote: »

    Well, some are afraid and worried they may lose Sims 4 a game they love.
    Some are afraid and worried they may lose Sims 4 a game they love to hate.
    truth is I feel the haters will cry more because the players will at least have the game to turn to.

    A sad state of affairs indeed.

    I'm new to the Sims 4, I purchased my copy about 3 weeks ago. I have definitely created a few "cry" threads because I want this game to be what I was hoping it would be. I don't want it to go away, I want it to get better. So yeah, I might "cry" if The Sims 4 is over, because that would mean that it never became the game I wanted it to become. I have been a loyal fan and player of the sims since part 1. Our complaints don't mean that we hate the franchise. We're complaining *because* we love it so much. For my part, I certainly don't "love" to hate the game and I doubt there are many people who do.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,823 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    First I was sad and bored because there was no TS4 news BUT now I'm kinda thankful for it.
    Because there was no news of TS4 I ended up watching TS3 videos and ended up buying TS3 and now I'm hooked! :smiley:

    That is so cool! I'm so glad for you! I'm a huge fan of S3 and S4. They're so very different yet still simmy. If I get upset about S4, I fall back into S3.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Seasons will bring Simmers back in their tens of millions.

    I've already started counting.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top