Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are you all from? How long you been playing Sims?

Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
I'm not far from Georgia; I've been playing since TS1. That was a loooooooooooong time ago. I noticed time flies by so quickly while playing. I'd look up after what felt like a hour and it would be dark outside. I'd been playing for six hours. LOL

sadly, I don't have that much time lately. It is a great escape or distraction when you need a break from reality. I feel like I'm the "mom" of all of my sims. I make sure they have everything they need, do what they are supposed to and get along well with other sims.

A friend of mine has a "God complex" he likes the power and control. I just like having fun. *shrugs*

I still love TS2 but TS3 is my favorite. I wish I could combine the two of these games to make it the best of both worlds.

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm from what I'll call the city of Dullsville as it's not the best place to live and the weather is terrible most of the time with it being too mild and there's never enough cold weather with snow.I got into TS2 in a big way over ten years ago and started TS3 just under six years ago though Mods were added to my game in less than a year.
    I also wished to combine TS2 and TS3 together and it happened with adding tons of Mods and getting TS2 Open world Edition from my very heavily Modded TS3 game.I had to tune and configure my Mod settings to enable that unoffical EP though.It also requires using empty custom worlds in place of EA's overloaded messes.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi, Scorpina! I live near the SC/NC border and I've been playing Sims since the very beginning. Love it, too!

Sims 2 mixed with Sims 3 with a dash of Sims 1 would be the perfect game -- heck, add in some Medieval, too.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I live in Ky but i am from GA and i have been playing sims since day 1 way back in 2000. I love 2 and 3, 4 leaves a lot to be desired. It has some not many good points. In my opinion 2 was the best. I love the open world of 3 but it is such a huge game i can't put it all on my laptop. I still play 2 from time to time.
  • Options
    ExagieExagie Posts: 39 Member
    I'm from PA, and I've been playing since I was... seven? I think? I started playing Sims 2 the month Seasons was released - it was my first EP.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I'm from California. One of the biotech companies that would very much like to remain nameless grew me in a vat and then decided to set me loose on the world and observe what happened. The scientists seem to think they mostly got things right, although they apparently struggled a bit with how to properly implement certain neural pathways. From the project notes I found, it looks like they were mostly satisfied in the end, but there was something scrawled in the margin about not being able to wire in a set of functions collectively referred to as "social skills." ::scratches head:: I dunno, I've never noticed that anything was missing.

My brother received TS1 as a Christmas present one year. He loved it and thought I would too, and there was a premade family he didn't care for that he let me play with instead. We were away for New Year's Eve, and I spent all night playing on his mac clamshell (orange, because of course it was). After that I played it more than he did. We fought over it a bit until my mom said I had to buy my own copy, but in those days you just needed the lastest disc to run the game, so I bought an expansion of my own and was never heard from again.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I'm from Australia, although I was living in the States when I started simming. I played TS1 briefly but saw there was a TS2 so switched to that and played it for quite a while until TS3 came out and I switched to that. I moved back home to Australia 3 years ago.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I live in Georgia. I was in middle school when the original The Sims came out. I played it, TS2, TS3, and briefly tried TS4 but just couldn’t get into it. TS3 is my favorite of the series. Now, though, I’m married with a 7 & 2 year old, so I don’t get to play very often anymore. I mainly get some play time in on the weekends.
  • Options
    jxnniejxnnie Posts: 52 Member
    I pretty much live smack dab in the middle of North Carolina. I've been playing since whenever The Sims 2 Double Deluxe came out but really got started when TS3 was released. Currently revisiting the series with all the expansion packs. It's an oldie but goody, I suppose one could say!
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited April 2018
    Alberta, Canada. Basically from some sort of mix between Hidden Springs and Bridgeport... and a bit of Appaloosa Plains. Been playing sims for... I've lost track of how long. Started playing with Sims 1 around the time Sims 2 was coming out like 6 months or so before. Please nobody do the math lol. I was so young then let's not ruin it.

I get the not much time feeling. So many times now when I don't even know when I last opened my game. Or I do open it to unwind but decide my brain is too fried and just go pass out in front of Netflix instead. I miss the days of playing endlessly. Some day they will return. I mean thats what vacations from work are for, right? Playing sims? Though that requires being able to take vacation but whatever. The dream... it will happen.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m from Singapore, but am currently studying and living (and Simming) in Australia. My first Sims game was TS2… for mobile. Simple as it was, I remember how much I loved playing it on my phone, and one day in late 2011, I felt an urge to play Sims even though I no longer had that phone with me. And that’s how I got into TS3.

I haven’t looked back (or forward, no intention to touch TS4) ever since. As someone who’s also a big fan of open-world exploration games like Minecraft and Starbound, I adore TS3’s open world with all the places to explore and collectibles and secrets to find.

Sadly, university gets really busy, and I don’t have a lot of time for Simming these days, or even for posting on the forum, though I lurk here a lot (as my number of visits will tell you). I just finished one round of tests (spanning 3 weeks, during which I didn’t touch my game at all) a couple weeks ago, and now I’m gonna have another round again (also spanning 3 weeks) in two weeks! Maybe if I manage my time well, and exercise some self-control with Sims, I can still have some light Simming time.

“Self-control with Sims”… ha… ha… hahaha! Like that’s ever gonna happen!
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I live in Los Angeles, CA. I started playing The Sims when TS3 came out. My sister had received the game as a gift, and I was not allowed to play (I was only 6 at the time). Eventually, she let me create families and decorate their houses. The rest is history!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited May 2018
    03-14-2007_vancouverwaterfront_wm.jpg
    Yup. Vancouver. :D (actually a suburb of Vancouver called Surrey. Been playing Sims 3 since January of 2017. :D Yeah, a relative newbie to Sims. I was born in @dreamerz13's neck of the woods in 1970...but left the flatlands in January of 1976. :D So I'm more of a BC'r than a flatlander. In fact I left before Oiler country became Oiler country.

My wife @Featherbelle started playing Sims 3 in the middle of 2016 and got me hooked. But she was late to the party here. She was born in the Lone Star State and spent much of her life in NC, but ended up in Ark-La-Tex neck of Louisiana before emigrating to British Columbia, Canada. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    edited May 2018
    A little town in whats known as the Okanagan region, in British Columbia, Canada.

Ive been playing since Sims 1, I recieved whatever the ultra-pack that had every single expansion pack was called for a birthday and however many years later here I am!

(Side note, @Nikkei_Simmer I was actually in Vancouver earlier this week, right near the area your picture is in! And of course the lookout, cause you gotta tourist it up :D. )
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    iejodiejod Posts: 29 Member
    I'm from QLD Australia! I first discovered TS2 around 2005/6 then went and bought all TS1 games I could find. I have been hooked ever since.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @Goulsquash - That wouldn't happen to be Osoyoos, would it? :D Yay...a fellow BC'r. :D

I'm in this suburb (dodging bullets...and all)... the armpit of the Lower Mainland as it's so called. Shares its name with a town in England.

02-07-2014_SurreyArena_lookingoutslidingdoors.jpg
    This shot was from my late and lamented iPhone 4s. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer other end of the Okanagan actually, good ol' Vernon! Not Osoyoos level of small thankfully!
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Hi! I'm from Australia. The coolest thing happened a couple of months ago when I found video footage of me opening up my Deluxe Edition of TS1 in Christmas 2003, but I used to play the console version before that. I absolutely loved TS2 back in the day but now I have my sights set on TS3 only as TS4 didn't really do it for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ah...home of the Vipers. :) My son's minor A3 team almost played a game in Kelowna a couple years back and well, I nearly had to travel the Merritt to Kelowna stretch of Highway. Went to Clearwater for his C4 team game...and I got to drive the Coquihalla for the first time in my life. For a guy who hasn't done any mountain pass driving, that was some white-knuckle driving. :D We got there and back safely. Though going up BC-5-N nearly made me pee my drawers with those semis coming around blind corners. On top of that it was snowing.

...and pitch dark. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm from the South West corner of England :) My nearest big cities are Bristol and Bath Spa. Bath is a world heritage site and very beautiful. I can stand on the beach and see across to Wales and where the river estuary joins the Atlantic, the next stop being the East Coast of America.

My nephew introduced me to TS1 although I did not play properly until TS2 launched. I love both TS2 and 3 although for me TS3 has the edge. I love the freedom it gives to design and build any way you want.

Edited because of auto text which has been asked to leave the building.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I'm from southern Finland. My older sister introduced me to Sims 2 when I was maybe around 6 years old and it was honestly nothing like I'd ever seen before since at that point I had spent most of my childhood playing weird Disney games online :''D

When Sims 3 came around I bought it as soon as I got my hands on it (they ran out of stock pretty quickly and I was mortified lol) and then I got Sims 4 immediately when it came out.

I've also played TS1 but I was literally a baby when it came out so didn't really play it at the time it came out.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Hello from Texas :)

I've been simming since TS1. My sister bought the game and not long after I finally talked her and my brother into letting me play. I want to say I started playing a year after the series first launched so that's 17 years I've been simming. :dizzy:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Achoo89Achoo89 Posts: 608 Member
    I’m from Scotland, but I live in Northern Ireland!.

And I’ve been playing the sims since TS2 came out, I think that was 2004. So depressingly 14 years which doesn’t seem that long ago! I remember seeing it on TV and becoming obsessed! I have no idea how it ran on the computer my mum had, but it did!
    When I moved over the NI to be with my other half I got all the expansion pack and would play in his crummy little student house, huddled under a million duvets because there was no heating.
    I’ve been playing ts3 since it came out. I’ve had my moments of not playing it for weeks on end but I’m back on to my love affair...and guys...we’re going pretty strong!.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Hey I'm from Finland.

My first time playing The Sims games was in 2003 at my friend's birthday party. It was TS1 for PS2. I was really young back then but I remember being really excited because of that game.
    The first Sim game that I bought was TS2 for PS2. I still own that game but console versions are really limited compared to PC versions ofc.
    I recently got TS2 ultimate collection for PC actually :smile: so now I can explore the TS2 in it's glory.(it will probably take me forever until I'll start playing it tho because TS3 has me really hooked)
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2018
    Where am I from? - it's a long story. Most recently I moved from Florida to Massachusetts by way of visiting my brother in Virginia. I left 70 degree weather in Florida on March 20th to arrive in Virginia the next day, the first day of spring, in the middle of a snow storm. (I've lived in Alaska so know snow. This wasn't a white out, but it was not a light snow either.) It snowed again before I left for Mass and since I've been here it's snowed twice these past 3 weeks. I'm ready for some warmer weather. :)

I retired at the end of 2009 and replaced my decrepit windows desktop with an Imac in early 2010. I went to the local Best Buy looking for games to play on my new Apple and they had 2 games - Sims 3 and some game about designing/controlling the evolution of an ameba like creature. At the time I frequented the SYFY forums since I was/am an avid Battlestar Galactica fan. Someone there mentioned building their house and creating their family in Sims 3. I've always been interested in house design so I bought Sims 3. I've loved playing it since. I'm back on a windows system and still playing Sims 3, although not much these last few months. Once I get settled here I plan to start playing and building again.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'm from Australia and started playing The Sims first, then when I wanted to upgrade to Sims 2 I found Sims 3 was about to be released and it was going to have open world so I pre-ordered Sims 3 and waited for its release.

Still playing Sims 3. I have 4 but don't play it any more. I never actually stopped playing Sims 3. When there was no more store content being released I started downloading CC and have mods now.