Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would It Be Possible?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited April 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
@EA_Mage, since it has now become public knowledge some gurus and developers have left The Sims series and or transferred to Sims Mobile would it be possible to make an annoncements concerning which gurus are no longer here? I ask this because for instance Sim Guru Daniel held many of our wish lists for TS4, like the working/playable graveyard. And of course we would like to wish them well and happiness in their future. Giving us a chance to say goodbye, and so we will know what requests we have made for TS4 may not be fulfilled since particular gurus held those wish lists, and had discussed with us if things were possible but may not be done, but would turn those things in to the team etc. (In past conversatios) It sort of leaves players and customers at a loss to know if the same people some of us have talked to daily are still here or not.

Thank you. And if this was inappropriate, I'm sorry upfront. But I think many would agree with me. Because this does concern us, too. Anything that happens over at Maxis concerns your fanbase, their games, and the future of the series. And some stock holders.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good points. I know that EA cannot tell everyone everything but us players are still interested in the company and have gotten to know some Gurus so it would be nice to know who is still around :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    This does concern the continuing development of The Sims 4 since there are budget cuts. And though EA may not want to talk about it, it certainly affects the customer base and if TS4 will continue and if veteran developers are still with Maxis or not. I mean is SimGuruGraham still here? Or Grant R. or many others who have a good idea of what players would like to see continued in the series? It does affect us, and the money we have already spent. And of course we would hate to have to say goodbye to some of them. Especially those we have talked with for over ten years etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited April 2018
    All of the rumors and speculation is very disconcerting. As much as I love this game it's hard to focus on gameplay right now. I find myself switching from the forum, other sims sites, then twitter, then back to the forum to see if any news has been announced or confirmed.
  • Options
    All of the rumors and speculation is very disconcerting. As much as I love this game it's hard to focus on gameplay right now. I find myself switching from the forum, other sims sites, then twitter, then back to the forum to see if any news has been announced or confirmed.

Well, maybe some sort of announcement would help. As for me I really hate to hear SimGuruDaniel has left to go to mobile. He did a great job on The Sims Medieval and think he was with Maxis even longer than that game. I mean how will we know who to tag when we have questions about certain stuff we know are their expertise and we've already lost so many like Ryan and others. Makes me sad. Is SimGuruNinja still here and does this all affect the developement of the series? I think it would.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Thanks for asking this, @Cinebar
    As a customer who has invested a lot of money in this franchise, I would also like to know.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I agree. I would also like to know. I'm sad to see long term SimGurus leave, and I'm also concerned. I've felt as though these SimGurus were devs I could trust to try to integrate players' requests. I sit here and wonder, "Who's left? Are they interested in what PC Sims players want?" I also still worry that we're being steered toward a mobile game, and seeing long term SimGurus who've worked on the PC versions for many years increases that concern. I would really like some assurance the franchise will not go down that path.
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited April 2018
    I concur.

While no management organisation would reveal the circumstances of an individual's change of status, or where the person in question had gone to, remaining administrators surely can notify the customer base that a given individual is no longer in a position to receive, let alone respond to customer service queries.

In a forum setting such as this, closing the affected accounts would be one way to accomplish this.

Any contributions they made in the past, if still relevant, would remain but those reading such material would know that no further interaction is forthcoming.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    If they can’t tell us who was moved or let go, at least let us know who is still there and what position they’re in.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    If they can’t tell us who was moved or let go, at least let us know who is still there and what position they’re in.

Ryan leaving and others was a big deal and we got to wish him well etc. Many of the gurus who have left this past few months are just as well known and liked and appreciated by the community than he was etc. So, I don't understand why we don't get to wish them farewell, because some of us don't use Twitter, and never will. lol ETA: I agree with you, like Azure was a world builder so yes, I'd like to know who is still around who work on particular things. Or did.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Why would you like to know?

Most of the developers aren’t even simgurus and we don’t know what they are working on just now. Even if we were told that a dev or a guru now works on a project which they can’t tell us about because it is for an unannounced pack or an unannounced game what use would that information have for us?
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this and I will be forwarding the feedback.

I am closing this thread as the subject can easily turn to discussion of lives of staff/employees and this is not a suitable topic for the forums.

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top