Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sooo Laggy

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TerriblePunTerriblePun Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks for the tips. I already have all online stuff disabled including origin in-game or whatever. I don't have any screenshots and don't have any sims living in San Myshuno. I'll check if either of my households has anything in their inventories...
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited April 2018
    @TerriblePun The game is not designed to run higher than 1080p resolution. More than likely your problem is your resolution. We have seen several people have issues with higher resolution. The 1060 card is designed to run 1080p. The higher the resolution, the better the video card you need. Does not matter how much vram your card has. The game does not need more than 2gb vram and will never use more than that . Higher resolution needs a 1080 or a 1080 ti card and still this game will not look good in higher res.

Are you using vsync?

PS the sims 4 does not load quicker on an ssd . the sims3 takes advantage of an ssd if your playing that game
  • Options
    TerriblePunTerriblePun Posts: 10 New Member
    Sorry, I meant GTX 1070, I keep forgetting cause everyone these days has even-numbered 1060 or 1080 cards lol. The 1070 is perfectly fine and is 4K compatible. My laptop has a 4K native resolution.

Yes, vsync is on.

I'll try lowering the resolution and seeing if it helps. I used to do that but then I had to full-screen it or else everything is too small to read (or blurry if I turn on DPI scaling). I found something a while ago that let me adjust the UI size though so maybe I can avoid that now...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @TerriblePun On the other page you stated you had a 1060. :p Even with a 1070 laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware and i can tell you that desktops with higher cards have had issues running this game in 4k. the higher the res, the smaller your UI will be. lowering your res on a laptop screen might not be pretty but it might run better . This game does not run well at higher res on PC.

From what I understand that program to change the ui for this game can cause game issues. You can ask @rosemow about that
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    @TerriblePun On the other page you stated you had a 1060. :p Even with a 1070 laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware and i can tell you that desktops with higher cards have had issues running this game in 4k. the higher the res, the smaller your UI will be. lowering your res on a laptop screen might not be pretty . This game does not run well at higher res on PC.

From what I understand that programto change the ui for this game can cause game issues. You can ask @rosemow about that

Hello
    There has been issues when changing the "uiscale" in the options.ini file. It can cause issues with the pictures that you have your sim take when using a camera in-game.
  • Options
    hikaru777hikaru777 Posts: 4 New Member
    Just popping back here to update others who might have had the same problem as me.

I did a system restore on my PC and reinstalled the Sims, and now it is working perfectly again. Absolutely no lag whatsoever! :D
  • Options
    hikaru777 wrote: »
    Just popping back here to update others who might have had the same problem as me.

I did a system restore on my PC and reinstalled the Sims, and now it is working perfectly again. Absolutely no lag whatsoever! :D

Glad you got it fixed. There was something wrong with your drivers being missing so full system restore would put you back to factory reset. Now if you go to your laptop manufacturer's web , your drivers should update properly. I would update all your drivers if you haven't done so. Enjoy your game :)
  • Options
    AerasumeAerasume Posts: 1 New Member
    Try clearing some stuff