Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About World Adventure, nhd and exportDB file

I googled everywhere to find the explanation page what they are for but I haven't found yet. I saw many explanations about the sims 3 folder. I had a look about the saves folder but there's not any explanation about this nhd file and exportDB file. Is there anyone knows the different point between nhd file and ExportDB file? Thank you.:)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    An nhd file is the progressed world. It contains everything about the world in it -- the buildings and lots as you have them, the sims, its weather, its mod settings (if you use mods), etc. If you delete a not at the moment being played nhd file from an ongoing game, it will be as if your sims had never been there in many ways. If you then attempt to travel to that world, you will be presented with a fresh one exactly like the original one you saw, and with the same sims at the same original ages, as the first time as a new nhd will spawn for you.

If you delete the nhd of the world actually being played in at the time of the most recent save, that save would no longer be playable.

This also applies to nhds for custom destinations for those of using NRaas Traveler. When I say that I have 16 Traveler mod connected worlds in my onging saved game, I therefore have 16 nhd files.

The much smaller ExportDB files are less important. I actually have forgotten exactly what they are meant to do, something about allowing foreign worlds to be exported into other ongoing games. If an nhd is to be deleted for whatever reason, we generally advise that the corresponding ExportDB should be as well although I don't think we've found that it makes much difference.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited April 2018
    @igazor, Thank you so much.:D As I remember, some time, I feel like I heard there was a choice to pick only opened tombs or only relationship with WA country sims. So I'm wondered if there might have any tip for leaving only tombs opened without relationship with wa country sims. I mean I don't care the relationship with WA sims but I don't want to reopen the tombs that I had opened through adventure quests before. Will it be possible?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @igazor, Thank you so much.:D As I remember, some time, I feel like I heard there was a choice to pick only opened tombs or only relationship with WA country sims. So I'm wondered if there might have any tip for leaving only tombs opened without relationship with wa country sims. I mean I don't care the relationship with WA sims but I don't want to reopen the tombs that I had opened through adventure quests before. Will it be possible?
    If you have the NRaas RelationshipPanel mod, you could ctrl-click each unwanted foreign relationship away once back in the homeworld. That could take a lot of effort, though.

You could also use MasterController to Totally Annihilate the entire population of a WA world and bring in fresh sims of your own making or by way of SP Immigration. That's more drastic and of course takes more effort.

Guess it depends on what the intended purpose is of doing these things.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @igazor, Thank you. I will get the relationship mod! :D