Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Becoming a Sorcerer

2...Next

Comments

• timmyvh2003timmyvh2003 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really love this mod, It has made some very cool story lines and backstories in my game with my sims
    But 1 major suggestion I have is maybe next update focus on child sorcerers, first off, maybe make their powers a little unstable, like, when they get sad, they make everyone around them sad, or when their mad, i know they have a chance to light on fire but maybe add a little something like, everyone around them gets scared or something. Another cool thing would be, if an adult sorcerer, when the child sorcerer was out of control, could help calm them down and help bring their powers back in control. Or even make it so when adult sims, got through something traumatic or very strong wave of emotions their powers go haywire as well. Also maybe make a spell that allows one sorcerer to take, store, and restore the powers of another sorcerer.
    Although I do have a few suggestions, I still do love this mod very much
  • Relos157Relos157 Posts: 1 New Member
    Same case with pwsimmysim just show option “mold” or “put into inventory”? with latest version
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    I downloaded your mod, opened it, put in the mods folder, all that mod stuff, but the option isn't showing up on the clay. From the comment above I don't believe it's anything I did, but just in case, did I miss something?
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'll have a look at this mod once I get back to playing someday, sounds awesome!!! Thank you for putting in the time & effort to make and share this with the community. :love:
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I'll have a look at this mod once I get back to playing someday, sounds awesome!!! Thank you for putting in the time & effort to make and share this with the community. :love:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is working for you?
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • AlienatedBananaAlienatedBanana Posts: 1 New Member
    Ooh what if you added potions?? Sims could create them like herbal remedies! Maybe in a custom cauldron though? You could create new magical ingredients and have a range of potions sims can brew after collecting ingredients, perhaps either from around the world or by growing them from purchased seeds, or both!

I'm thinking each potion can have different moodlets and effects like the teas! Perhaps even a Harry Potter Polyjuice inspired one that allows you to take on the appearance of a sim of your choice!

Even prank potions would be pretty cool!! Imagine spiking a sims drink and causing them to fall into a deep sleep or some other crazy effect. Following on, some potions could be for light magic and some for dark magic!

I know it sounds like a lot, but with your talent and dedication I'm sure you could execute it perfectly! It would be a great addition to the mod!
  • Linsod06Linsod06 Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded the mod but the option to investigate clay does not pop up help?
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    Is there a cheat to bypass the Lump of Clay and become a Sorcerer without it? I didn't see one listed on the download site. Only the cheats for the Skills. I'm in a no-build area and have encountered a ghost I'd like to revive, but the Sim who's there isn't a Sorcerer yet.
    9ndehwc.png
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @iamsweetmystery

Should be able to do "traits.equip_trait Triplis_Sorcerer_Trait"

Then if you want to bypass the rituals, you should be able to do the same cheat and pick one of NeverBedheader, IronInsides, or Sociolite (I think it works where if it's a gameplay trait, you can refer to it by its display name without spaces when adding through cheat)
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    @iamsweetmystery

Then if you want to bypass the rituals, you should be able to do the same cheat and pick one of NeverBedheader, IronInsides, or Sociolite (I think it works where if it's a gameplay trait, you can refer to it by its display name without spaces when adding through cheat)
    Oh, almost forgot... the rituals do add a hidden trait as well, "magically connected."

It's called "Triplis_Sorcerer_HiddenTrait_MagicallyConnected"

Now I remember why I never made a point of sharing cheats for that. It's not the simplest process to bypass the clay and rituals.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Furrylover246Furrylover246 Posts: 2 New Member
    I tried the cheat and my sins head turned into a lump of clay. Not kidding. And she didn't get the trait either. I didn't get the interact option either. Is there any way of actually getting it to work. I've seen Ihascupquake with the mod and I really want to use it. It looks super cool.

[quote="Triplis;c-16749516"][quote="Triplis;c-16749495"]@iamsweetmystery

Then if you want to bypass the rituals, you should be able to do the same cheat and pick one of NeverBedheader, IronInsides, or Sociolite (I think it works where if it's a gameplay trait, you can refer to it by its display name without spaces when adding through cheat)[/quote]
    Oh, almost forgot... the rituals do add a hidden trait as well, "magically connected."

It's called "Triplis_Sorcerer_HiddenTrait_MagicallyConnected"

Now I remember why I never made a point of sharing cheats for that. It's not the simplest process to bypass the clay and rituals.[/quote]
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    edited October 2018
    That's weird about the clay head thing. You didn't accidentally "Set as Head" did you? Anyway, thanks for the cheat. I'll give it a try when the opportunity arises. For those who aren't getting the "Investigate Object" option, you aren't Shift-Clicking, are you? It's added to the basic object menu. Just buy a Lump of Clay from Buy/Build (Kids Toys sort), set it on any viable surface and click it. You should get 3 options. "Put in Inventory", "Mold Clay" and "Investigate Object". If you choose the latter, the Sim will approach the Clay, spin around in a swirl of sparkles and they will have magical powers.
    If you do all that and the mod is correctly installed but it still doesn't work, it's likely there's a code conflict with one of your other mods. Sometimes you can get more than one mod that modifies or overwrites the same lines of code in the game and they will interfere with each other.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Furrylover246Furrylover246 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="iamsweetmystery;c-16761621"]That's weird about the clay head thing. You didn't accidentally "Set as Head" did you? Anyway, thanks for the cheat. I'll give it a try when the opportunity arises. For those who aren't getting the "Investigate Object" option, you aren't Shift-Clicking, are you? It's added to the basic object menu. Just buy a Lump of Clay from Buy/Build (Kids Toys sort), set it on any viable surface and click it. You should get 3 options. "Put in Inventory", "Mold Clay" and "Investigate Object". If you choose the latter, the Sim will approach the Clay, spin around in a swirl of sparkles and they will have magical powers.
    If you do all that and the mod is correctly installed but it still doesn't work, it's likely there's a code conflict with one of your other mods. Sometimes you can get more than one mod that modifies or overwrites the same lines of code in the game and they will interfere with each other.[/quote]

How would I have done that? I inputted the cheat as I saw it and that happened. Her head turned into the lump of clay
  • firewitch9firewitch9 Posts: 1 New Member
    My clay has no option and the cheat also did not work, im using the newest version. What do I do?
  • ChameleonOfFireChameleonOfFire Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I can’t figure out how to get the suspicious clay in the mod. I’ve looked through the build mode multiple times and I can’t find it so I don’t know how to.
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you Triplis for the great mod :smiley:
  • JadaGirl10165JadaGirl10165 Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded this and absolutely LOVED this mod. I just have one question: What does tabula rasa do? I just don't want to use it unitl I know what it is. Thanks!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    I downloaded this and absolutely LOVED this mod. I just have one question: What does tabula rasa do? I just don't want to use it unitl I know what it is. Thanks!

Tabula Rasa: Target another sim and wipe relationship between yourself and the target completely. Target can be Toddler and up.

You may want to read the description of the Mod and it's functions here:
    http://modthesims.info/d/594052/become-a-sorcerer-choose-your-alignment-and-unlock-spells.html
  • Ungraceful05Ungraceful05 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having trouble getting my Suspicious clay to work. I downloaded the new version, and I have the clay, but when I click on it, the option of investigating isn't there.
    I've been having trouble getting my Suspicious clay to work. I downloaded the new version, and I have the clay, but when I click on it, the option of investigating isn't there.

Did you download the Mod from Mod the Sims? If you did there is a newer version at Triplis website: https://triplis.github.io/mods/sorcerer.html
  • GwennxGwennx Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Ungraceful05;c-17008800"]I've been having trouble getting my Suspicious clay to work. I downloaded the new version, and I have the clay, but when I click on it, the option of investigating isn't there.[/quote]

I’ve been having the same issue! Does somebody know how to fix this? Is it an out of date cc i have?
    Gwennx wrote: »

I’ve been having the same issue! Does somebody know how to fix this? Is it an out of date cc i have?

Make sure you have the latest version: https://triplis.github.io/mods/sorcerer.html
    if you are still having problems you can contact Triplis on his discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/JhNwtYv