Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

where do you put custom lots?

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
please and thank you.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    Eyeball the open areas available where you'd like a new lot... which are ALL connected to roads, no placing lots without road access... choose the lot size you'd like to place, pull it out, noting the dotted road outline with arrow pointing to front of lot, rotate template so arrow points toward existing road, place road outline over existing road, then click to place. If the lot is too large, it won't place. Before you finalize, make sure you choose the type of lot it will be, Residential or Commercial. Then OK placement.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited April 2018
    You mean how to install them? Lots and sims come in .package files. You need to open these with a program like the Sims 2 clean installer. Download the latest version at the top.

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

After you download a lot, double click it instead of extract. You might have to choose the clean installer the first time (it varies) then the installer does all the work.

Edit: If you install a lot with CC, the installer will automatically put the CC in your downloads. But it will just be floating in there not in a folder. So I suggest if a lot has cc, after installing it go to your downloads and make a folder for the cc contained on that lot, in case you want to get rid of it.
  • pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    You mean how to install them? Lots and sims come in .package files. You need to open these with a program like the Sims 2 clean installer. Download the latest version at the top.

Oh... uh... <blush>... yeah, that too. :# In my defense, I'd come from TS3 where you can place lots anywhere without regard to game road placement, and had forgotten all blank lots had to be placed on existing roads in TS2, no road, no lot placing.

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    pax1sw wrote: »

Oh... uh... <blush>... yeah, that too. :# In my defense, I'd come from TS3 where you can place lots anywhere without regard to game road placement, and had forgotten all blank lots had to be placed on existing roads in TS2, no road, no lot placing.

:D That's ok. That question could have been taken either way. :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=3

After you download a lot, double click it instead of extract. You might have to choose the clean installer the first time (it varies) then the installer does all the work.

Edit: If you install a lot with CC, the installer will automatically put the CC in your downloads. But it will just be floating in there not in a folder. So I suggest if a lot has cc, after installing it go to your downloads and make a folder for the cc contained on that lot, in case you want to get rid of it.

sorry guys I meant how to install package files and sims 2 packs :(
    my bad.

thanks. will download now give this a try :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon