Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Top Four-A Sims 3/4 Modeling Comp- R6 Final Scores Posted

Comments

• Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong,if I use EA hair everything is OK,but if I use an Alpha hair it goes Pixelated especially in CAS, though it seems OK in-game,it only seems to happen when I take photos of my Sims in CAS, it shows up in Paint.Net like that very Pixelated, so please can some one tell me What I am doing wrong & how I can fix it as it is really frustrating me! Thank you in advance for any help! ;)
    pIjJCYS.png
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited April 2018
    Are you on the ultra settings?
    Here are different resolutions.
    hey5OCM.jpg
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'm not very good at judging and have never seen the show and it seems very confusing to me personally, but looks like a lot of fun! I'll definitely be lurking!<3

If at anytime during the comp, you feel you might want to join, feel free to come on in! It is an open competition and even if you join in late, that doesn't mean that you won't have a chance at grabbing one of the top four slots.

The competition isn't following the way the show goes, because on the show there is only one winner at the end and it's pretty much just singers who compete to win a recording studio contract.

Here is the basic basis for the show:
    There are two distinct rounds in The Four. In the performances round, new challengers must earn their seat by performing in front of a live studio audience, the panel of judges and "The Four". After the performance, the judges then vote and make a "Yes" or "No" decision, signifying the challenger's fate in the competition. If a challenger receives a unanimous four blue rings on stage (four "Yes" from the panel), they advance to the next round of the competition. A red ring given to the challenger signifies a "No", ending his or her time in the competition. Artists who advance to the challenge round can compete against a member of "The Four" for their seat. In a sing-off style battle, the challenger and "The Four" member sing against each other for their seat. After the challenge, the studio audience then votes to decide which of the two should remain in the competition. The winner locks their seat for the rest of the night and cannot be challenged again until the next episode.

Here is the basic basis for this competition:
    At the start there will be *hopefully* at least 8 photographers and models to start Round 1. At the end of Round 1, the judges will choose by a vote as to who they, as an individual, felt did the best by casting their scores. The four photographers and models who received the highest scores will advance to round 2, where they will have to compete with returning and/or new photographers and model's to stay in the top four slot or get beaten. If you are a photographer with a model in one of the rounds and hold one of the top four slots and get removed by another photographer and model, you (the photographer) can come back with a new model and compete. The only draw back to getting knocked out of the top four slots, is your model will be starting over. Same goes if you are one of the top four and drop out. Photographers and models that didn't make it into the top four slots, can return as many times as they wish.

As far as the creativeness, imagination and uniqueness requirements, none of the rounds that I have put together can't be done and if anyone needs help finding a tutorial on the subject, I do plan on linking some that I have found.

I hope this was able to clear any questions you may of had and hope that maybe you will reconsider and join. Otherwise we would love to have you lurk. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Photographers and models, please note that I made a slight change in the description of how the competition will work. After answering wiredhanna67, I realized I had made an error and apologize for this. The change I made is this:
    *You (photographer) and your model may enter as many times as you wish. (If you are not one of
    current The Top Four)

@MyFavoritedesign @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @aussiekarima @heather1306 @simuelle
    Post edited by Mamajanaynay on
  • Options
    Are you on the ultra settings?
    Here are different resolutions.
    hey5OCM.jpg

~ I am on the second setting,as it is set to my screen size, there is no higher settings,this is the in-game settings? or the PC settings?
    ~ In game everything is as high as it can go!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    I think she was referring to monitor settings. Mine is set to 1600x900 as that is what is recommended.

What kind of graphics card to you have?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    ~ Oh, OK I have an Nvidia Ge Force GTX 770, & I will not upgrade till my CPU & motherboard is upgraded, saving for it now,it is due for an upgrade but have not been able to afford it yet! ;)
    ~ 1920 x 1080 is recommended for my Graphics card & monitor ( I have to program in my Graphics rules, for all my Sims games on my PC! Sims 2,3 & 4)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I have the Nvidia GetForce GTX970.
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    Thank you for the explanation, I understand a little better now, I appreciate it! I might join in later but for now I'll just be lurking <3
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Options
    Thank you for the explanation, I understand a little better now, I appreciate it! I might join in later but for now I'll just be lurking <3

You're welcome, @wiredhanna67. If you'd like to participate as a judge, I'd love to have you as one. I know you stated that you feel you're not good at judging, but you just might bring a different perspective at how you see the assignment over another judge. None of us judges see everything the same, one may pick up on something that the other's haven't or feel that something could been added or done differently. I just thought I'd offer the last judging spot to you, but I certainly don't want you to feel pressured or anything. :)
  • Options
    SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member

I've been only in one competition (Sass and Sophistication) then I was away for a while but I might try to give this a ride as a judge if I get the chance! :smile:

I'm just spending some time sorting out CC, if I can get that done then I might try signing up as judge!
    I'm thankful The sims community has spots dedicated to this sort of thing <3

Are there any super specific details regarding judges? (I may have missed something since I was in a rush whilst reading) But I think I caught the gist of it!

• Options
    I've been only in one competition (Sass and Sophistication) then I was away for a while but I might try to give this a ride as a judge if I get the chance! :smile:

I'm just spending some time sorting out CC, if I can get that done then I might try signing up as judge!
    I'm thankful The sims community has spots dedicated to this sort of thing <3

Are there any super specific details regarding judges? (I may have missed something since I was in a rush whilst reading) But I think I caught the gist of it!

Hey @SimlishPopstar that is great! Love to have ya as a judge. As far as the judging goes, there really isn't any super specific details just what was described. Let me know if you decide to be one of our judges! You have time to look over the details for the judging as the first round won't be posted until there is at least 8 (or more would be super!) photographers and models.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I have a question. The final Top Four is determined by the highest combined total score at the end of Round 6, so how are those who join late supposed to catch up, since this is an open comp? I kind of want to join later, want to create some new models and all that and don't want you guys waiting, but if there's no way to catch up then I would have to join now. :O Thanks for answering! Still trying to decide on what I want to do.

@TEXASTWANGTONYA Yes, I'm back! Didn't you see my tag? Let me try to message you soon so we can chat.
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hope You Join........ Sweetie..... Missed YOU MIZ!!!! @MizoreYukii <3<3<3:D:D:D No I Didn't See The Tag Hun
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I have a question. The final Top Four is determined by the highest combined total score at the end of Round 6, so how are those who join late supposed to catch up, since this is an open comp? I kind of want to join later, want to create some new models and all that and don't want you guys waiting, but if there's no way to catch up then I would have to join now. :O Thanks for answering! Still trying to decide on what I want to do.

@TEXASTWANGTONYA Yes, I'm back! Didn't you see my tag? Let me try to message you soon so we can chat.

Hey Miz @MizoreYukii, so as far as the scoring will go, I will be keeping track of all the photographers/models who join and everyone's scores will accumulate. The only way scores will reset to zero is if you drop out and then join back in. It is possible to increase your scores by knocking out one of the top four models at each round. (At least this is how I have it worked out in my head. LOL) When a photographer/model are knocked out of their top four spots, the only way they (photographer)can join back in will be to re-enter with a different model and they will be starting over, meaning scores will be reset. I've tried to make it as fair as possible so basically even though it is an open competition, there is a bit of a challenge that goes along with it. I would also like to point out that if this comp turns out to be a flop, it will be stopped. It's an idea that I had tossed around for a long time and spent months planning it out, changing things, adding things, taking things out. I guess we shall see how it goes and I may need to make additional alterations along the way. A lot depends on photographer's signing up and what not.
    Post edited by Mamajanaynay on
  • Options
    ~ Mamaj,just a thought,if one of the top four are knocked out of their place of four,& go back to zero points,what is the incentive to rejoin, I know the photographer is using a new model to re-enter, but why,they are now starting at zero points even though they made it to the lofty heights of the "Top Four" & have nothing to show for it,should the Model & photographer have separate points so the photographer can go on, or at least an incentive to go on, I know if I was knocked out of the top 4, & had to start again with nothing, I would not bother!
    ~ You can disregard this my mind often goes off on interior debates!LOL! @Mamajanaynay
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Good Point........ @aussiekarima Maybe We Are Not Understanding Perfectly Though? Because If They Are Knocked Out.... They Lose Everything...... So How Would There Be A Chance To Catch Up? Just Wondering @Mamajanaynay <3<3<3;););) Will Have My Photographer & Model UP SOON..... <3<3<3
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Photographer - Sim Self - Me / Tonya
    IkpuMIS.png
    Model - Allison Osborn
    g4iabZi.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    ~ Nice Tonya, I am using my Simself too,but when I was younger!LOL! (I could put my elder Simself up, but she is a tad unmotivated at the moment!LOL! ;)) Very nice model too so stylish! ♥ <3@TEXASTWANGTONYA
    ~ Mine will be up soonish! B)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    I'd like to join, @Mamajanaynay . I haven't been in anything in awhile, so I may need to reread tutorials for certain things. I will try to get my model and photographer in by tomorrow or Tuesday.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited April 2018
    Great shots, Tonya. @TEXASTWANGTONYA

Yay! @wbombje glad you are joining us.

• Options
    ~ Photographer - Karima ~
    EbX39hh.png
    ~ Model - Misty Novak ~
    MAUH85t.png
    ~ Apologises for the pixilation in my Models hair, I have no idea how to fix it,unless I just use EA hair!?
    (I was going to go in & re-take her pictures but this head-ache will not budge,so at the moment it is that or nothing!Sorry!)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    @wbombje glad to have you aboard!

@aussiekarima you have brought up a very good point on the scoring. Please accept my apologies for not answering you sooner, I've been a bit busy lately. Youngest daughter moved back home with her two boys from Louisiana after a horrible split from her boyfriend and I'll be starting a new job soon along with having to find a new place to live as the building we are living in is being put up on tax sale and the county we live in told us we have 30 days to vacate the premise. As soon as I get the opportunity to review everything, I will most likely be changing that part and thank you for turning in your photographer and model.

Thank you for turning in your photographer and model @TEXASTWANGTONYA
  • Options
    ~ Well I will pray for you to find a bigger place for all of you that you can afford,that does not seem very fair to only give 30 days notice,it really is not enough time to find a new place to live, & starting a new Job,I do hope everything works out for the better! @Mamajanaynay
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    OH How Lovely YOU Are My Friend @aussiekarima <3<3<3 Gorgeous Model........ Dunno Why Your Having Issues With Non Maxis Hair / Alpha???!!??? It Sounds Like A Resolution Prob Maybe? Dunno? Thanks So Much Jen @Jendowoz0612 <3<3<3 Good Luck With Your Move - With Selling Property They Should Of Given More Time... Wowww!! Good Luck With Your New Job Wish You All The Best Prayers For You And Your Loved Ones @Mamajanaynay <3<3<3