Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child Romance Mod?!

SprinklTheSimSprinklTheSim Posts: 11 New Member
edited November 2022 in Gameplay Mods
Okay, first thing, is there a child romance mod for the sims 4? I think it'll be cute to have kids kiss, hold hands, or confess crush. Nothing serious though. Or maybe even ask to be girlfriend/boyfriend? PLEAAASE someone create this mod, i couldn't find anything!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    I dont think there is, @rosemow ?
    giphy.gif

• NightRevoltNightRevolt Posts: 43 Member
    Even if there isn't, that is an interesting idea, maybe someone will pick this idea up and make something out of it.
    0mc8IBj.png
  • KawaiiKupcakesKawaiiKupcakes Posts: 2 New Member
    PLEASE DO I'VE BEEN SEARCHING SO MUCH IF SOMEONE DID I'D BE SOOOOOO HAPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • xXEnglishGirlXxxXEnglishGirlXx Posts: 14 New Member
    Heck, yes. I have been searching for the whole year. You guys would NEVER understand how happy I'd be if someone made this mod!! I tried to install modding stuff to make my own, but I wasn't able to install it. Please, someone, do it!!

I've seen people wanting this "cooties" idea, but I don't agree. That stuff is old now, no kids use it. I'd like stuff like this (in order of the relationship bar):

Compliment - Sims may get a Happy moodlet ("It's good to know that people appreciate me!") or a Tense moodlet ("D-Do they like me? But I don't like them!")
    Hint - Sims may not get a moodlet, or get a Tense moodlet ("Was that a joke? It's not funny!")
    Attempt to hold hand - The Sim doing the action will either get a Happy moodlet ("I can't believe I just held ____'s hand!") or an Embarrassed moodlet ("Oh no... I think that turned out worse than my grades!")
    Ask about Crush - The Sim doing the action may get no moodlet, or a Tense moodlet ("They have a crush! I hope they don't like each other!")
    Give Love Letter - The Sim who receives the letter might get a Happy moodlet or a Tense one, you know why.
    Play Mums and Dads - Admit it, we all played this as kids.
    Pretend Marriage - A girl would wear a white nightgown and daisy chains, a boy would wear a top hat and an oversized suit.
    Confess Crush - At this point, neither would be disgusted by the action. The Sim who confessed would get a Very Happy moodlet.
    Kiss - No, not really kissing. Just a little kiss on the hand or a kiss on the cheek.

Those are my ideas! :blush:
  • 6domino66domino6 Posts: 55 Member
    I'd absolutely love to be able to play out a widdle love story between kiddos!
  • jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    It could be done, but it would be a doozy. I mean, right now all the romance menus call an age checker script, and breaking that would be easy, but all that would do is give children access to the same romance interactions that everyone else has (and it wouldn't restrict anything intergenerational). What you're talking about is adding a different age checker script that rejects all non-children and creating custom romance commands that run through that script with custom modifiers, I'm guessing with parallel code (IE "Confess Crush" would just be identical to "Confess Attraction", with Children passing the age test and older sims not passing it).

I'd be willing to put it on my back burner (I've got like three projects ahead of it so it'd be awhile), but here's my question: what's the endgame for it? I imagine by default the romantic currency bars they generate in childhood would just carry over when they age up (which I guess is what you'd want anyway - childhood puppy love often blossoms into something deeper in RL, and this would give it that kind of a boost). But should there be achievements? Whims? A childhood romance aspiration? There's a lot of directions one could conceivably take it.

Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • KingLeonhartKingLeonhart Posts: 2 New Member
    @jerrycnh How would someone disable/break that age checker script you mentioned? I've been searching all over the internet for information on how to do that.
  • DaisylonaDaisylona Posts: 2 New Member
    hi, I'm fench so sorry for the english. I really want this too, i'm learning how to mod the sims 4, so if someone find how to do that (give access to romance menu for childrens) I'll do it.

and if I want this mod it's because I did pre teens sims mod. )

Thanks !
  • DogicornsDogicorns Posts: 11 New Member
    Mc Command Center will do sort what you are asking but from what I know it might not work. It did work for one case where I wanted 2 of my sims to be in love, but they were cousins so I used the mod to have a romantic relationship between the 2. It might work for child sims too. I hope that can satisfy you for now.
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    Yes this would be so cute! The kiss cheek interaction would be adorable!
  • TheGamingFairyTheGamingFairy Posts: 6 New Member
    > @SprinklTheSim said:
    > Okay, first thing, is there a child romance mod for the sims 4? I think it'll be cute to have kids kiss, hold hands, or confess crush. Nothing serious though. Or maybe even ask to be girlfriend/boyfriend? PLEAAASE someone create this mod, i couldn't find anything!

I know! I have been searching everywhere for a child romance mod too!
  • TheGamingFairyTheGamingFairy Posts: 6 New Member
    I also think that there should be an update where they introduce pre-teens, like they did with toddlers
  • jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    Regarding preteens, here's my abbreviated rant on why that's not really possible in the Sims 4 Engine.

Regarding the modifications you're looking for, the prime example would be a tuning file called testSet_AgeTeenOlder - that file is called by the engine whenever they want to make sure that the sim is, well, a teen or older, before allowing them to do things. If you edit that file and add the child variable as a passing condition, then voila - suddenly kids can do a lot of things adults can do.

There's more than just that one file, I think there's like 10 or 15 age checkers like that buried all through the thing. I'd code it for you, but until I can find a way to block the obvious side effect (allowed pedophilic adult-child relationships), I'm afraid that the amount of hate mail I'd get for releasing the mod just wouldn't be worth it. :smile:
    Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • KingLeonhartKingLeonhart Posts: 2 New Member
    > @jerrycnh said:
    > Regarding preteens, here's my abbreviated rant on why that's not really possible in the Sims 4 Engine.
    >
    > Regarding the modifications you're looking for, the prime example would be a tuning file called testSet_AgeTeenOlder - that file is called by the engine whenever they want to make sure that the sim is, well, a teen or older, before allowing them to do things. If you edit that file and add the child variable as a passing condition, then voila - suddenly kids can do a lot of things adults can do.
    >
    > There's more than just that one file, I think there's like 10 or 15 age checkers like that buried all through the thing. I'd code it for you, but until I can find a way to block the obvious side effect (allowed pedophilic adult-child relationships), I'm afraid that the amount of hate mail I'd get for releasing the mod just wouldn't be worth it. :smile:

Yeah, if I knew how to code I'd have already done it. :( Regardless of any hate I'd get. It's a fictional game in a fictional world, people can just get over it. I'm no stranger to getting crap from people that can't separate fiction from reality, that think a game equates to real life. I just ignore them. :)

Do you have a suggestion on how I can begin learning how to code for the Sims? I've just started learning to animate with Blender, I'd like to be able to learn both processes at the same time so I can eventually make my own mods.
  • everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    It would be adorable if they could pass notes to one another.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
    I'm going to check if MC Command Center will work because I think that will be adorable.
    > @Dogicorns said:
    > I'm going to check if MC Command Center will work because I think that will be adorable.

MC Does not work, but hopefully something like what we want will come out soon.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    There's is actually a first love mod out there. Very sweet made and kinda harmless crush for kids which can become more if the kids aging up to teens.
    http://littlemssam.de/first-love/
  • DatOneRandomGirlDatOneRandomGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    Omg, someone must do one :o im no good at coding or anything like that so :( dont expect anything from me
  • zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    I can just imagine what all the nut jobs would do with a mod like that. Can it really hurt for them to wait until being a teen before they experience 'romance'? We can do anything twice in our lives but we can never be young again. Let them be kids.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Simlover86Simlover86 Posts: 1 New Member
    if you go on to LittleMsSam you can find a mod to get childrens first love highly reccomend it
  • Simaholic_xxSimaholic_xx Posts: 18 New Member
    littlemssam first love mod (won't let me post links sozzy)
    its abit delayed but this is the closest thing i can find, sorry if its not what your looking for but the age has great mods also.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    That is a great mod, LittleMsSam did a great job.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    > @zap608 said:
    > I can just imagine what all the nut jobs would do with a mod like that. Can it really hurt for them to wait until being a teen before they experience 'romance'? We can do anything twice in our lives but we can never be young again. Let them be kids.

I have to agree here. I think it's best to leave it as is. There is no real reason to need to add child romance into the game - even in innocence, it seems a little bit....weird?
  • LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    That would be so cute xD
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top