Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @MsPrissy88 That's great news for you! I'm happy to hear you're still feeling so well, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Thank you @Ciane and @Suzses <3
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It's getting closer! I'm on my last round of testing and should have my pictures all done and the final gift in the launcher by the end of the day. Then, I guess I'll just play. ; P

I hope you all are enjoying your simming and creating. Here's wishing you all a great week.
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    @MsPrissy88 I am so glad to hear that you are doing well! Don't be afraid to ask as many questions and get as much information from the doctors and nurses about everything from labs to everything else. It is YOUR body and treatment, so you are allowed to know the info. :D<3

One of my arms has gotten worse, though lately it has gotten better. Got feeling back in my fingers, and have some movement without pain. This is a good thing! The other is better, but still tires quickly. Still typing one handed, but at least I am able to type. Haven't been able to play much, but with the improvements, I am think I should be able to soon.

I do know that I am looking forward to seeing the creations, even if I am totally bummed that I was not able to participate like I wanted to.

Have fun, enjoy, and hug someone! :D
    I do hope you are able to play again soon @Morakai; but more than that I hope your arms continue to improve and that you can type with both hands again.

I'm still recovering from catching my finger in a car door and breaking it and losing the nail. I can't make a tight fist with it yet, but I am improving. My occupational therapist says that its still so stiff and sore because it's my non-dominant hand and so, I just don't force it to do stuff that I would if it were my dominant hand. So, peeling potatoes takes so much longer with my left hand; but I just consider it physical therapy or occupational therapy.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Dear Buddy,

I would like to apologize in advance. due to the passing of a very dear work colleague I will be out of town most of this weekend to attend services. I promise once I return I will post my gifts as soon as I can. I don't wish you to feel neglected or left out, life just has a way of sneaking up on you.
    happy simming!
    fleshjenn
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss @fleshjenn.
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    @ciane THank you! Luckily I am ambidextrious. Plus when my right shoulder went out, I had to use my left as a dominant for over 3 years. It is harder now as the right just healed up (mostly), though still weak when the left one went out. However, the swelling is down, and beginning to get feeling back in my fingers. Working on my PT, to make sure my shoulders don't lock up and freeze. I hope to be able to play soon again though. I had started my first 100 baby challenge, and dealing with 2 sets of twins (boy/girl each). Damen, and Alena then Stephan and Caroline. Have no idea if they will look like their name sakes. hehe Looking forward to finding out.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I'm very sorry for your loss, @fleshjenn. :(
    edited April 2018
    I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a friend @fleshjenn. The whole created often leaves us overwhelmed. I hope the good memories are many and can still bring smiles. I am sure that your buddy will understand and will enjoy sampling some of the other gifts will waiting.

Also, I did get my final testing and pictures done yesterday. All my gifts sit patiently in the launcher in the hopes that uploading to, and downloading from, the exchange will go well.
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    So sorry for your loss fleshjenn.. Im sure your buddy and all the rest of us can agree, take as much time as you need. We'll be here when you get back <3
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello :)
    Gifting time is almost here. Anybody else excited?
    Yes! I have already done everything to get my gifts all ready. I just have to link to a page already created, copy in the letter, and upload the gift each day. I am READY!

And, I started your challenge today. Oh my!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Ciane: Haha! I'm so not. :) Last few times I've had my presentations finished almost a week in advance, but not this time! I may be doing a couple of all-nighters.

I'm excited, though. It's always fun to see all the new things people make!
    I could have done more and tweaked some more, but... I called it quits. I will be ready to post as soon as I see the notice that we can!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Glad to see both @Morakai and @MsPrissy88 are feeling well. Keep up the good work and get well soon.

Sorry about your loss @fleshjenn , remember them with fondness and they are never truly gone.

I am so ready for gifting time, let's go already!
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    I'm also not ready yet, but that is normal for me. :s I have a bit more testing to do tonight. Tomorrow I'll probably have to wait until after work to finalize my upload and post my first gift. But then Friday I have the day off and am going to spend it taking all the pictures and getting everything prepped so that posting takes minimal effort after that. So excited to see what everyone came up with, though! <3
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @fleshjenn I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your colleague.

I've been ready just long enough to have last minute doubts about everything I did. *rolls eyes at self* Dear Buddy, I'm really looking forward to giving you your gifts and do hope you like them.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @fleshjenn - I was away from here for a while, and just now saw the news. :( I am SO sorry for your loss. Losing someone - even a colleague - is never easy. Whoever you had as a buddy, I'm sure will understand completely if they have to wait for their gift(s).
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    As for MY Buddy ....

I have my 4th chemo treatment tomorrow - (Thursday) - and will probably take a nap when I get back home. ((*only because I have to get up really early to get down to the treatment place*))

@Addy - I am still planning on gifting on Friday, the 27th. I'm just going to have to squeeze it in in between going out for breakfast with my cousin. Don't worry!! I promised I would do it on Friday. And Friday it will be.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Good Morning :)
    It is now ... GIFTING TIME!!!

As always, looking forward to seeing what y'all have created.
    edited April 2018
    Wow, Addy you got up early! So did I!

Dear Buddy, @KhemKat19,
    I am a simmer who loves to build. So, I focused on this part of your letter:
    I think my favorite EA worlds are Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, and Sunlit Tides.
    I enjoy this style of build the most: (Example: Craftsman): Victorian/Mediterranean/Tudor.

I also took into consideration these parts:
    I LOVE color! ...
    I'm not a huge fan of super futuristic things….
    I adore small/tiny homes
    …. AND
    A small garden would be nice, but other than that no preference!

So, for your first gift, GUESS what I built for you?! (The clue is bold!)
    dsa199.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
    No, it doesn’t look like this. This was just the inspiration. Go here to see what it actually looks like:
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/gifts/mm
    Link is here for download: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9211905

Post edited by ciane on
    @ciane
    I did!

Your gift is marvelous :)
    Left compliments on your webpage so my comments don't give away the answer before your Buddy has a chance to see the delightful surprise you created.
    edited April 2018
    Oops, I forgot to tag @KhemKat19 earlier. I added that now.

Thank you @ADWilson. I saw your upload and rec'd it already and left a comment on your page. I'm going to load my game and play your challenge as I await all the uploads and notices.
    To: @DinoJr
    Gift 1

Welcome to your first homemade gift exchange!

In the short time that we’ve known one another, two things stand out … your sense of humor and overall niceness. These will serve you well when you learn that I helped your Buddy with your gifts. Ideas as well as floor plans were sent my way and I turned & ran in a slightly different direction. ** chuckles ** Deviations from her plan rests solely upon my shoulders.

With that said, it’s time to look upon your first gift …

OAK ARBOR
    screenshot-15.jpg

3 bedroom
    3.5 bathroom
    Additional Amenities: 2-car garage, laundry, open living room, formal dining room, spacious kitchen and fenced in backyard.

Each bedroom has their own en suite and there is also a powder room conveniently located on the first floor. Walls were purposefully left bare so the Sims living here could add their own personal touches. Plenty of space for relaxation as well as entertaining.

1st Floor
    Overview
    1stflooroverview.jpg

Favorite Spots
    screenshot-17.jpg
    screenshot-23.jpg

2nd Floor
    2ndflooroverview.jpg

Favorite Spots
    screenshot-10.jpg
    screenshot-4.jpg

For additional pictures, please go HERE