Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prom Questions

Does anyone know how to make sure my sim and their date take their prom picture in their formal clothing. The past few proms my sims have taken pictures in outerwear.

Comments

• GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I usually follow them to the school, and then use Master Controller to force an outfit change.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    Oh, I never really thought of that thankyou.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    I usually follow them to the school, and then use Master Controller to force an outfit change.

Yeah, that's what I do too. It doesn't always help, for example last prom even though Logan asked Abrianna she never came to the house (that or I missed her)so while I was able to make sure Logan was in his suit Abrianna was still in her outerwear. So I can't always MC the townies, but my sims that I control always are in their formal.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you not be able to use MC on a townie if they aren't on-screen or in front of you? You can get to the filtered sim list on the lot where they actually are (where the prom is taking place) or by way of City Hall or an in-game computer. They won't show up that way if they are off-screen hibernating in their own houses or as homeless sims do, but then presumably they wouldn't be at the prom having their picture taken if that were the case either.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am playing in Moonlight Falls, where the combination School/Stadium lot has one broken entrance that will cancel actions of Sims trying to use it, so I follow my kids to school every day ANYWAY to make sure they actually get to attend. It's not much harder to follow them to Prom to make sure they are in their formalwear before they enter.

Also, for the dates... invite them to your home lot well in advance of the event, and they'll be on hand when the limo arrives.
    @igazor true, but I find that they always change themselves back. They're like it's too cold for this Cleo what are you doing to us? :p
    edited April 2018
    Well, another way to approach this is to copy their Formal outfit to Outerwear, either using MC or by re-creating it as their Outerwear default at least until prom is over.

But I think I see what is happening here. There is an opportunity that some teens in public schools get that involves repairing the school's boiler. Often for me it fires way after the teen needs any of the school performance points that it offers and not all of them really need the money in exchange for the long time it takes to do the repair job.

I don't know why it's up to a student to do this, but if it isn't getting done then your school has no heat! No wonder all of these sims are dressing so warmly. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »

But I think I see what is happening here. There is an opportunity that some teens in public schools get that involves repairing the school's boiler. Often for me it fires way after the teen needs any of the school performance points that it offers and not all of them really need the money in exchange for the long time it takes to do the repair job.

I don't know why it's up to a student to do this, but if it isn't getting done then your school has no heat! No wonder all of these sims are dressing so warmly. :p

That's probably exactly it! I haven't had that opportunity pop up in ages - it's probably long overdue to be fixed. The principal must not trust my teens enough to do it!
    edited April 2018
    Just to clarify for others following along here, the outfit swap was meant to be a serious suggestion. The school boiler opportunity thing was not. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Thanks everyone, my sim and her date had a very successful prom night thanks to your suggestions.
    edited April 2018
    :D:D:D You all are the best.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited April 2018
    Care to share the details of what happened at the prom?
    Well my sim Pandora asked her good friend Peter out to the dance, I figured they could go as friends and let the dance decide if they could take it further. I made this thread before I realised Peter's mom had disappeared from the game. I think she died, I have not really checked his memories to see what happened. Anyway, I put Peter into Pandora's household and made him share a room with the youngest boy in the family. He was now under my control, so on the day of prom I sent them to prom an hour earlier than 6 to beat everyone else and they had a nice time. They became romantic interests and after Pandora won prom queen I had them leave early and eat dinner at the bistro down the street. These are some prom photo poses I took after they got home.

Screenshot-72_zpsoyqzymsw.jpg

Screenshot-70_zpsjrcoogsj.jpg