Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simbot vs plumbots

2...Next

Comments

• MLMIIMLMII Posts: 31 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Never played with the simbots much, but from what I've read, I think I'll mostly just use the new plumbots as the "hired help" and have my lonely immortal make a simbot in her quest for a companion who she won't simply outlive. (Poor girl didn't quite realize what her family's founder was truly offering when he talked her into using the "age freeze" LTR and then later decide that he was tired of living and refused to make another youth potion for himself.)

As for the downgrade in intelligence I keep reading about, to me it makes sense as I wouldn't want to make a slave race that was actually self aware by default.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited October 2013
    Plumbots can get in hottubs simbots can't. Simbots will short circuit in a hottub and plumbots won't. Maybe this will be changed in the patch were simbots can now get in hottubs and other water surfaces.

I also suspect plumbots will be able to swim in the pools,ocean and lakes and even scuba dive if you have island paradise.

Oh this is going to be fun. I'm going to hook a simbot and plumbot up as a couple and I'm also going to make a simbot fight an plumbot to see who wins. :P My bet is on the plumbot. :P

Edit
    Also simbots will flirt with your sims on thier own. Plumbots won't unless they have the chip to be romantic. I don't like simbots flirting with my sims. With the chip you no longer have to worry about autonomous flirting atleast with plumbots. Don't want them to flirt with your sim don't give them the romantic chip or remove it.
    edited October 2013
    EmmaBarbie wrote:
    *Shrug*
    I do sense people doing a Simbot/Plumbot romance thing XD

Yes I will do that and also make a simbot enemies with a plumbot. With the romance thing I'm personally going to have a sim make a plumbot,give it the romance chip then have him buy a simbot thru the lifetime reward and hook the two bots up. Once their in a romantic relationship I'm moving them out and into their own house thru edit town.

Now with simbots if you get them thru the lifetime reward you can't pick the gender so If I have a male plumbot and I get a male simbot I'll most likely take the plumbot into the bot maker thing and make it a female or just hook both males up together just for kicks. :P

Edit
    I can't wait to see the plumbot give the simbot a static kiss. :P
    edited October 2013
    I'm hoping I will be able to make plumbots into replicats with MC like you could with simbots.
    The modded bots were fun to play.
    Unfortunately the fact that other Sims continually drop their cue to freak out & their walking gait is hard to ignore........
    even my favorite simbot creations, probably won't survive ITF :(

Oh yea I forgot about the freaking out of simbots. :( Hope this same issue doesn't happen with plumbots.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited October 2013
    trek186 wrote:
    These are all of the same issues I had since I learned about Plumbots being in the game. If you don't have ambitions, then sure plumbots are ok to lob into the game, and no explanation is needed.

BUT... If you do have Ambitions, then the plumbots seem like a giant step backwards from the Simbots. For me it is hard to swallow that you have a sentient simbot, and then the big future advance are these plumbots which require "trait" chips. But that's just me.

In any event I am excited since the gardener bot does what the simbot can't: garden without shorting out/complaining!

Wow, this is the first time ive heard an opinion like this! Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but i wasnt into its junky look, personally... And the fact that all the bots did have personalities did make them seem more close to humans in that way, but to me it didnt fit with their crappy exterior. They were pretty much just like normal sims.

The plumbots seem like they will actually look like robots... Obviously. And you can customize them, that is so awesome... Sire they wont automatically have traits, but that makes it seem more challenging... Besides, you can buy one with trait chips already installed if you would like.

I barely ever touched simbots... Like CK, i tried making a few humanoid ones,,but didnt keep them since they didnt seem especially special to me. It would be kinda cool if we could make the plumbots look human... Then they could really be proper androids...

I always loved the simbots. :oops: I thought it was great how they acted like regular sims for the most part, yet had extra things about them like the voice and the walk and the scrap-eating.

I just strongly disliked the fact that we couldn't Edit them in CAS without mods. :x That was STUPID, EA! :thumbdown:

EA had a cool design idea, but I hated the preset colors forced on them--they actually look REALLY nice when you change their colors/patterns.

Screenshot-1050_zpsaa59ffd8.jpg"width=640"

And making androids/gynoids is SO MUCH FUN, EA could have gone sooooo far with that, too, mixing and matching regular CAS stuff onto simbot-androids to make them unique!

Screenshot-1049_zpsc641daf3.jpg"width=640"

And I think EA really sucked to not give us more pieces we could put on them at our own discretion--the simbots had a vague industrial/steampunky vibe about them--AMB did as a whole--but EA just didn't go far enough with ANY of it. :cry:

AMB was my fave EP for such along time because it bordered on Steampunk *so much*--it kept dipping its foot in the pool but never dived in.

I just wanted simbots to have MORE roboty things they could do, like the charging stations and solar panels and maybe a bit more autonomy and can-do's can't-do's, like force fields and scanning objects the like. Servitude or at least simbot NPCs would have been GREAT.

Screenshot-1079_zpsb266ffc6.jpg"width=640"

You wanna now how frikkin HARD it was to get simbot chefs for my sci-fi bistro!? :x

I just wanted MORE for my simbots, which is why I merged all my simbots with SSNS Aliens as soon as I could--the Aliens are a lot like how I wanted simbots to be, and the added abilities made me love my simbots even more.

The plumbbots on the other hand seem a bit TOO complex for the future, frankly--one would think that that far in the future robots would be FAR more sentient, and THAT looks like a step back to me. Once again everything's twisted--simbots looked outdated yet acted 'futuristically', and plumbbots look futuristically yet act outdated. :lol:

I don't mind the trait chips--it looks like something I'll have to toy around with to find the right types of plumbbots I could enjoy without much hassle on MY end, and it's a brilliant idea. But it DOES seem like something the simbots should have had instead. :?

That wasn't a complaint, though. Just something that was on my mind. :oops:

The BIG disappointment I have with ITF however is the lack of androids/gynoids/cyborgs. The CAS items are cool and Jetsons-y, and I ADORE the new makeup, but that's just not what I was hoping for--I wanted my sims to look far more mecha-like, and we got zilch. The LE Quantum Pack came with EXACTLY what I want though, phew! :XD: But I was hoping for more bot-y CAS stuff for sims, so sims could look like robots, and I also wanted android stuff so that plumbbots could look like sims. *SIGH* :(

I mean, has EA ever watched the robot movies? :hunf: ROBOTS ALWAYS WANT TO BE HUMAN!!! :lol: Some simple Star Trek would have showed them that. Does DATA ring any bells? :roll:

I was hoping for hologram sims, too, or at least holographic ghosts. *another SIGH* :?

So I'm kind of torn with the whole lifestate thing EA's doing for ITF. I like it as a whole, bit the little things are irking me a bit, and I don't want to be irked, not with this EP, which is frikkin FIERCE. :thumbup:
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited October 2013
    So this is only very partially on topic:
    Murfeel, I LOVE your sci if restaurant! It looks amazing!

I've never actually dabbled with sim bots, but I might give them a go now, just so I will have something to compare the plumbots to when ITF is released.

That's for all the information, guys. I've just learnt a lot about sim its and plumbots :)
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited October 2013
    I always thought of simbots as artificial sims ala Frankenstein/Frankensim, not complete robots. Plumbots are way more robot-like: they don't have emotions and needs from the get-go, unlike simbots, and are treated more like objects that can be bought/sold, a servant that you can program to do things for you like TS1 Servo. Whereas simsbots are just treated like people, not servants/objects. Even if you hive them the sentient trait chip, they can still serve you, be bought/sold, force to fight in bot battles etc. its just one of the many traits you can give them, if you want. But for simbots, being sentient beings is their one and only purpose. I don't think, even with the sentient trait, plumbots will ever be as "human" as simbots. just my two cents.
  • mattnashisgaymattnashisgay Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    With Plumbots pretty much making Simbots obsolete. Does anybody else feel its a complete copout that they force us to go through so many milestones in order to obtain Simbots in Ambitions? Yet in the latest expansion you can create Plumbots without having to put in nearly as much effort. Seriously, you have to get to level 10 of the inventing skill and go through so many trials to go get the clunky, outdated robot. Yet all you need is level 2 of the bot building skill as well as some trait chips and just go to Create-A-Sims to get the pristine and far more superior robot of the future. As somebody who spent so many painstaking hours making my sims reach level 10 of the inventing skill in order to create Simbots (which are now redundant), I feel like I have wasted my time. And considering how they also make Time Machines (another Ambitions product that involves inventing)redundant as well, I feel pretty cheesed off right now.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2013
    With Plumbots pretty much making Simbots obsolete. Does anybody else feel its a complete copout that they force us to go through so many milestones in order to obtain Simbots in Ambitions? Yet in the latest expansion you can create Plumbots without having to put in nearly as much effort. Seriously, you have to get to level 10 of the inventing skill and go through so many trials to go get the clunky, outdated robot. Yet all you need is level 2 of the bot building skill as well as some trait chips and just go to Create-A-Sims to get the pristine and far more superior robot of the future. As somebody who spent so many painstaking hours making my sims reach level 10 of the inventing skill in order to create Simbots (which are now redundant), I feel like I have wasted my time. And considering how they also make Time Machines (another Ambitions product that involves inventing)redundant as well, I feel pretty cheesed off right now.

You can also purchase Simbot with LTR, or create it with alchemy elixir.
    So it is not that hard to get one. :)
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited October 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    I was hoping for hologram sims, too, or at least holographic ghosts. *another SIGH* :?

But there IS holograms! Anyway, nice to see at least one person doesnt hate simbots :p
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited November 2013
    I gave up on Simbots after a brief game to check them out. Not interesting enough and too high maintenance
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited November 2013
    I gave up on Simbots after a brief game to check them out. Not interesting enough and too high maintenance

You mean Plumbots :?

Simbots do not need maintenance.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I also suspect plumbots will be able to swim in the pools,ocean and lakes and even scuba dive if you have island paradise.

Oh this is going to be fun. I'm going to hook a simbot and plumbot up as a couple and I'm also going to make a simbot fight an plumbot to see who wins. :P My bet is on the plumbot. :P

If your plumbot has limitless learning trait chips and have a scuba diving skill, then yes it will do. Simbot or plumbot whoever has higher athletic skill wins at a fight. My human sim who completed athletic skill, won at the fight against plumbot burglar in Oasis Landing.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Closing this thread as it's several years old. Please try not to necropost in older threads, thanks! :smiley:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top