October 18 - Take a look at the Friday Highlight and discover some awesim discussions! Click me!
October 18, correction: 11AM PDT - Join us for a Guru Garage! Details here.
October 10 - A new The Sims 4 update is ready for you on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Details here

If The Sims is only going to be a mobile game in the future then I am gone

Comments

  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 23,516 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Perhaps the most funny thing about the Sims community is that we all love interacting with each other online, yet we hate the idea of playing with each other.

    That being said, I don't mind online play with limitations put in place. But a full-on mobile game??? Idk, I'll probably pass. I'm sad if this is the end, but my bank account is happy. *shrug* Things were getting too weird anyways...

    Online play was never really something that players where used to so it never created that idea that Simmers should 'play together' so apart from some early success of The Sims Online around 2001/2002 it was never developed further. The same went with Sim City and after the outrage of SC 2013 going online was seen as a negative idea. Considering a lot of players blamed TS4's shortcomings on being recycled from Olympus that would further weaken any support for an online Sims game in the future.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,489 Member
    edited April 2018
    Scobre wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

    No one is questioning who is a Simmer and who is isn't, clearly you misunderstand this thread... We're discussing how if The Sims becomes a mobile only game then the game we have loved and played for decades will be dead (for a lot of us), because a mobile only game can never have the depth and the freedom of a PC game.
    Plus this was commented right after it, which hinted to the direction the Sims may be going which isn't reassuring matters regarding the PC.

    Yeah, too bad how the Sims Mobile (and The Sims FreePlay) closes the world of The Sims to so many other people who no longer will be part of or feel welcome to this special community

    tenor.gif?itemid=9844035
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,489 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Perhaps the most funny thing about the Sims community is that we all love interacting with each other online, yet we hate the idea of playing with each other.

    That being said, I don't mind online play with limitations put in place. But a full-on mobile game??? Idk, I'll probably pass. I'm sad if this is the end, but my bank account is happy. *shrug* Things were getting too weird anyways...
    That’s true, but the reason is that it’s two entirely different things.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,024 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

    No one is questioning who is a Simmer and who is isn't, clearly you misunderstand this thread... We're discussing how if The Sims becomes a mobile only game then the game we have loved and played for decades will be dead (for a lot of us), because a mobile only game can never have the depth and the freedom of a PC game.

    EA knows our point, they just trying to deflect and change the subject
    They can't even give clear answer whether the Sims will stay on PC or not
    Ridiculous..
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 3,934 Member
    I have been playing Sims Mobile since it released, I haven't spent a dime of real money (refuse too). And they sent me a servery to take. You where even able to explain why do picked your answers, etc. I will always truly enjoy the Sims on a PC. And I wholeheartedly feel to truly experience the game it has to be played on PC. Now, don't' jump on me, I've played the console versions over the years, but nothing lives up to the PC. With that being said, I agree, the Sims can be converted and formatted for many different avenues of play.

    But the mobile version is so limiting, even with the advancements Sims FreePlay has made over the years. If a mobile player has never experienced the freedom of playing the game on PC they really have no idea what they are missing. And for EA (if this is what they are deciding to do) close the door, or turn its back on the PC version. That is really sad and a slap in the face to the players who helped make The Sims the name that it is today.

    The Sims have been a part of me since 2001 when I played the first game. It hooked me and plum me in. And I honestly can't imagine there never being any more to play. I mean, Sims 4 wasn't want I wanted or expected, but I was holding out hope that they would learn from their mistakes and fix them. That Sims 5 would be the game that the majority of us players want, and had expected Sims 4 to be. I don't want it to move over to mobile. But if EA is just in it for the cash now, and only having to pay the bare minimum to their programmers. Then that's the only future I see for the Sims.

    But I'm still going to hope that they aren't going to go that way. And that we are letting our imaginations run wild over "nothing". I'm dreaming, okay. Let me dream. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    Interesting reading through the replies over the past two days. It is clear that support for a PC game is very much strong so I hope that our voices do not get ignored.

    Speaking out did get toddlers in TS4 eventually so it should be clear to who ever is listening that players will not stand for a basic mobile app for a Sims game.

    Also good to see the that the community is mostly united on this as well :smile:

    Agreed! The Sims would just not be the Sims without being on PC. Mobile games just never feel "real"...they feel more like boiled down knock offs just to kill time in life's waiting moments.

    If one wants to sit down and spend an evening or an entire day gaming it up, then mobile is just not the answer.

    For the MANY, MANY, MANY simmers who have invested tons of money throughout the years and who have clearly shown their deep connections, interests, and obsessions with the sims---on this forum as well as other sites---I hope we are heard and understood :smiley:

    Well said! :smile: Especially the part high lighted, we all deserve everything after we have given everything for the past 18 years.

    Thank you! :smile: Great thread!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 23,516 Member
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    Interesting reading through the replies over the past two days. It is clear that support for a PC game is very much strong so I hope that our voices do not get ignored.

    Speaking out did get toddlers in TS4 eventually so it should be clear to who ever is listening that players will not stand for a basic mobile app for a Sims game.

    Also good to see the that the community is mostly united on this as well :smile:

    Agreed! The Sims would just not be the Sims without being on PC. Mobile games just never feel "real"...they feel more like boiled down knock offs just to kill time in life's waiting moments.

    If one wants to sit down and spend an evening or an entire day gaming it up, then mobile is just not the answer.

    For the MANY, MANY, MANY simmers who have invested tons of money throughout the years and who have clearly shown their deep connections, interests, and obsessions with the sims---on this forum as well as other sites---I hope we are heard and understood :smiley:

    Well said! :smile: Especially the part high lighted, we all deserve everything after we have given everything for the past 18 years.

    Thank you! :smile: Great thread!

    Thanks :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

    No one is questioning who is a Simmer and who is isn't, clearly you misunderstand this thread... We're discussing how if The Sims becomes a mobile only game then the game we have loved and played for decades will be dead (for a lot of us), because a mobile only game can never have the depth and the freedom of a PC game.

    EA knows our point, they just trying to deflect and change the subject
    They can't even give clear answer whether the Sims will stay on PC or not
    Ridiculous..

    Exactly. And I think that, in itself, is an answer. They won’t answer to the PC Sims game because they don’t intend on keeping it going. If they did, they would have no issue reassuring pc players (which, I have to assume, are the majority of simmers). I do fully support having the game available on console too, but anyone who solely plays Sims Mobile is not a simmer. They are simply a casual gamer. The Sims Mobile resembles the Sims in name only. It has very few similarities to the actual concept of the Sims which is a life simulator. Mobile gamers are not loyal. They will play whatever new game can keep their attention for 5 minutes in a line up, a coffee shop, a doctor’s waiting room etc. These are not true games. They are simple time-fillers. I play mobile games as well. But very few are truly innovative games, enjoyable to play in their own right and not just as something to divert my attention from a boring wait.
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 473 Member
    edited April 2018
    So for all the millions of us PC players then, it's be plum or to hell with you right? I realize they want to open up to other platforms, but why abandon your core people? If this is the plan, then I hope the franchise bombs! Yea I said it!
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited April 2018
    That's what happens when you make a thousand of expensive packs and then increase the price by 50%. woman-shrugging_1f937-200d-2640-fe0f.png
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • TronesiaTTronesiaT Posts: 12 New Member
    Well I am not liking the idea of mobile only. I try games on my phone or iPad but I don't spend money on them nor do I play them for very long. My PC is my main gaming platform and will continue to be that way. Hopefully EA is keeping quiet because of good news to share.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,069 Member
    edited April 2018
    Scobre wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

    No one is questioning who is a Simmer and who is isn't, clearly you misunderstand this thread... We're discussing how if The Sims becomes a mobile only game then the game we have loved and played for decades will be dead (for a lot of us), because a mobile only game can never have the depth and the freedom of a PC game.
    Plus this was commented right after it, which hinted to the direction the Sims may be going which isn't reassuring matters regarding the PC.


    I get the sentiment, however, this is not a statement your base cares to hear when it seems as if the PC version of the franchise is in bad shape.

    With that said, the mobile version of the game is hot garbage. Glad there are people who like it, but I prefer to play a game that allows me to truly express my creativity and doesn't harass me every few seconds, and even when the game is closed, to spend ridiculous amounts of money.
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I doubt it will leave the PC. If anything it just seems like the series is expanding to many platforms more than before, which is a nice thing. (I like the new mobile version alright, but I preferred the one that was on Facebook myself, when it comes to the "mobile versions")
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

    Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 18,147 Member
    I've got that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach for The Sims.
    I am not interested in mobile or multi-player.
    At least space games seem to be making a come back and VR is getting more interesting to me.
    ROM.png
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    No mobile games. Ever. But I gave up on Sims 4 all the way back to GTW. They got me back with toddlers, but that only lasted a couple weeks. I never spent a dime on the game since GTW & have had it uninstalled for over a year.

    When I want a Sims fix, I play Sims 3. So EA can make it mobile or just shut it down. Maybe another company will one day pick the Sims up and do it right.
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2018
    The Sims series was never designed as a mobile game series. The Sims Mobile will never completely replace the PC versions (and also the console versions). We will continue to receive questionable expansion packs and accessory packs that are not actually desired or expected by the community. However, I trust the gurus to keep in mind that they have not lost sight of the real goal of The Sims and that they occasionally look into the forum just to realize that the mood is anything but good.

    But even so, it's going to be a big deceleration on the main line because mobile is a fast source of money and that's what EA is all about: fast money.
    Unfortunately, this is due to the current lifestyle of the actual target group: casual gamers. Due to the greatly increased influence of smartphones on our lifestyle and consumer behavior in the last 10 years, computers and consoles are taking a back seat to the average player. The Smartphones (and the tablets for sure, too) are always in your pocket and you are always connected to the Internet. I can still remember times when you could only make phone calls and text messages with these things.








    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,041 Member
    +1, I would not bother with a mobile game.

  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

    No one is questioning who is a Simmer and who is isn't, clearly you misunderstand this thread... We're discussing how if The Sims becomes a mobile only game then the game we have loved and played for decades will be dead (for a lot of us), because a mobile only game can never have the depth and the freedom of a PC game.

    EA knows our point, they just trying to deflect and change the subject
    They can't even give clear answer whether the Sims will stay on PC or not
    Ridiculous..

    Exactly. And I think that, in itself, is an answer. They won’t answer to the PC Sims game because they don’t intend on keeping it going. If they did, they would have no issue reassuring pc players (which, I have to assume, are the majority of simmers). I do fully support having the game available on console too, but anyone who solely plays Sims Mobile is not a simmer. They are simply a casual gamer. The Sims Mobile resembles the Sims in name only. It has very few similarities to the actual concept of the Sims which is a life simulator. Mobile gamers are not loyal. They will play whatever new game can keep their attention for 5 minutes in a line up, a coffee shop, a doctor’s waiting room etc. These are not true games. They are simple time-fillers. I play mobile games as well. But very few are truly innovative games, enjoyable to play in their own right and not just as something to divert my attention from a boring wait.
    I disagree because people play in many different ways. The Sims Mobile is a game that you can play for hours without any real breaks if you want to and I am in no doubt that many simmers play TSM that way.

    Some simmers play TS4 all the time. But a lot of simmers only make a sim decorate a little or build a house. Then just let the game play on its own for a few minutes and then take a long break. This is much less serious simming than the way many simmers play TSM.

    The above doesn’t mean that I want to praise TSM though because it is a kind of Sims game which is very targeted at very young simmers who likely will stop playing it after only very few months. For such young simmers it is interesting for some time while they increase their level and the house. But then it just is a repetitive game which I can’t really imagine that they will play much longer.

    TS4 is very different. But the way its basegame was made and the way EA has made SPs into the main packs isn’t to my taste either.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I installed the sims mobile after it just came out, played idk 4 hours in total or so and was super bored with it to the point I deleted it off my phone and don't intend getting back into it.

    I did see they they added some Alice in Wonderland content and all it made me think was ''plum... I wish they also would've added that in the sims 4... If mobile is the only way they're gonna go they are killing off their own franchise..

    It's making me super anxious and sad not knowing what's next and when we'll finally hear some positive news again.... this radio silence is scaring me and the uncertain future of the sims franchise even more.... I've played this game since the sims 1, like 20 or so years ago.. I can't imagine this franchise dying out.. it feels very scary like such a huge part of my life is on the edge of disappearing...

    I know I sound dramatic but there's still so incredibly much they can still add to the sims 4 that its not time to kill it off or let it die out by only releasing half plum packs like My first pet stuff :(
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 23,516 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    I installed the sims mobile after it just came out, played idk 4 hours in total or so and was super bored with it to the point I deleted it off my phone and don't intend getting back into it.

    I did see they they added some Alice in Wonderland content and all it made me think was ''plum... I wish they also would've added that in the sims 4... If mobile is the only way they're gonna go they are killing off their own franchise..

    It's making me super anxious and sad not knowing what's next and when we'll finally hear some positive news again.... this radio silence is scaring me and the uncertain future of the sims franchise even more.... I've played this game since the sims 1, like 20 or so years ago.. I can't imagine this franchise dying out.. it feels very scary like such a huge part of my life is on the edge of disappearing...

    I know I sound dramatic but there's still so incredibly much they can still add to the sims 4 that its not time to kill it off or let it die out by only releasing half plum packs like My first pet stuff :(

    It is a concern that I feel as well. So much potential but very little output. TS4 has been very slow for a lot of players. It is not a game that I play but I hope that the next Sims game might be different and lessons will be learnt from the past. A chance to move forwards and get the series back on track but any rumour that the next game will be mobile only has made me disappointed. Just think of what they could do if they take our feedback on board. I will be waiting anxiously for any news over the next year or so

    :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 219 Member
    Why do people think that Sims 4 will be the last game? Where are your sources?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    Female, 23 y/o from the Netherlands.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    TSM is so boring to me it's physically frustrating. The Sims core games are about creativity and freedom. TSM is just a mobile game where you have a choice between three things, then you have to click somewhere, wait a second, click somewhere, wait a second, click somewhere else, now you have a choice between four things, click somewhere, wait a second... It's unnerving! TSM in no way whatsoever satisfies what I'm looking for when I want to play The Sims. It's not a subsitute, not for when I feel like building, not for when I feel like creating a sim, not for when I feel like simulating a life, not for when I want to play a challenge... I don't ever see that kind of mobile game replacing the pc series. If they somehow made a genuine smartphone/tablet version of the full pc game, that you pay for once (per base game/expansion) to get all options to your exposal instead of having to unlock everything through following a script and microtransactions, then I'll be interested, but I'm still not 100% sure it could replace the pc version without a big screen and mouse/keyboard controls and the kind of specs the pc game needs.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top