Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If The Sims is only going to be a mobile game in the future then I am gone

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I've been kind of mostly gone anyway, as I had wanted to hope for the best with Sims 4 but was repeatedly frustrated with the limitations to my type of play. I check back here at the forum once in a while, hoping for good news that I'll see a return to the type of gameplay that pulled me into the Sims to begin with. I tried playing Sims Mobile (was curious about it), but like most mobile freemium games I got bored and haven't touched it in a month. If they completely shut down the PC Sims franchise, I'll be completely gone, like I was when SimCity was shut down.

It's a darn shame, because if Sims 4 had been an updated version of what pulled us all into the Sims in the first place, they'd have more money than they'd know what to do with.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sims Mobile is ugly
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Tried Sims Mobile and I was bored out of my mind after 3 hours.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'm always hoping for a mobile game I like, for passing time when I don't feel like reading etc. etc. and am not at my computer. I'd be happy if it were a Sims game. But for me, real-time is the killer in a lot of mobile games. I tried Sims Mobile but it won't run on my tablet (which I didn't buy high-end because mostly I use it for reading and news apps and some extra data), and on my phone the text is just too small for my middle-aged eyes. But in principle? Absolutely zilch against them.

Plus I'd be really surprised to see the PC version of the game dropped this soon, thought I wouldn't be surprised to see whatever version of it follows Sims 4 to be even more lower-level-laptop enabled. Either that or more of a really expensive niche game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • SABRINALHS8SABRINALHS8 Posts: 17 Member
    What I find irritating is that I go check the reviews on the mobile games on Google Play. Its overran with reviews from the past 2 days. Otherwise, there used to be a few days between reviews. Not 100+ in less than 24 hours. So what did they offer for free for a review?
    I won't play the mobile games because of I'm not a fan of them. My son downloaded the Sims mobile game and hated it. I trust his reasoning.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    What I find irritating is that I go check the reviews on the mobile games on Google Play. Its overran with reviews from the past 2 days. Otherwise, there used to be a few days between reviews. Not 100+ in less than 24 hours. So what did they offer for free for a review?
    I won't play the mobile games because of I'm not a fan of them. My son downloaded the Sims mobile game and hated it. I trust his reasoning.

There may have been an in-game prompt for reviews. I get those in a lot of different apps. They're pretty common.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SABRINALHS8SABRINALHS8 Posts: 17 Member

There may have been an in-game prompt for reviews. I get those in a lot of different apps. They're pretty common.

Yes but most people ignore them. Its odd to have that many within 24 hours.

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Never gonna get it, never gonna get it, never gonna get it (whoa whoa whoa) ♫
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @EA_Lanna Thanks for stepping in :smile: I don't know what was said earlier as I have been at work all day but I hope that people keep on topic :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Never gonna get it, never gonna get it, never gonna get it (whoa whoa whoa) ♫
    Annnnd now this is in my head ^^ TYVM
    @EA_Lanna Thanks for stepping in :smile: I don't know what was said earlier as I have been at work all day but I hope that people keep on topic :smile:
    Np @king_of_simcity7, I've ever faith that it will :)

• New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm always hoping for a mobile game I like, for passing time when I don't feel like reading etc. etc. and am not at my computer. I'd be happy if it were a Sims game. But for me, real-time is the killer in a lot of mobile games. I tried Sims Mobile but it won't run on my tablet (which I didn't buy high-end because mostly I use it for reading and news apps and some extra data), and on my phone the text is just too small for my middle-aged eyes. But in principle? Absolutely zilch against them.

Plus I'd be really surprised to see the PC version of the game dropped this soon, thought I wouldn't be surprised to see whatever version of it follows Sims 4 to be even more lower-level-laptop enabled. Either that or more of a really expensive niche game.
    I think if that were to happen too, I rather just go back to using Gaiaonline with its 2D graphics. I mean graphics in the Sims 4 texture wise there was discussion about it at MTS about how much bump mapping was used in a table object with the Sims 4 and then how a similar table object looked like in the Sims 2. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=592683&page=3

I know there are already complaints about the Sims 4 graphics being too intensive on laptops as it is, why the console option was nice to have. I just don't think graphically and gameplay wise, the PC game should suffer with specs and gameplay anymore for what is normally used on Steam games these days. Why I was a bit glad when Cats and Dogs upped the specs closer to the average games specs in the gaming industry. But that's the thing, these should all be options for Simmers, but they shouldn't replace one system over another. Sims 2 had it down. It offered a PC game for those that wanted to play on a desktop computer, it had the Sims 2 Life Stories series for those that wanted to play on laptops, and it had a DS game for those that wanted to play on the go and a DS game for the side games. The Sims 3 also had options for both desktop and laptop players with the Sims 3 and the Sims Medieval series. But the Sims 4 never did offer separate options for both laptop and desktop players. It sacrificed desktop player's enjoyment for laptop players and it hasn't helped the franchise. Why I wish what was mentioned above in that Tweet was actually applied to the Sims series that all Simmers are important whether they play on desktop, laptop, console, or mobile. I don't think it is right or profitable alienating one part of the playbase over another. That tweet does have me even more worried, because it has me think that even if PC games don't exist anymore, that we are still Simmers to Maxis which isn't always true with every Simmer. Like you, I rather play the Sims series on PC instead of mobile. I tried running it on a tablet too and it didn't work which stunk because I agree the small text is hard to read even for nearsighted eyes. They really should make the Sims Mobile tablet friendly too. I mean Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is and it makes it easier to play. But yes options are good, less options, not so good whether it is the PC or mobile version. I see both the PC and mobile versions lacking in options when it comes to the desktop and tablet markets. That's the thing is my eyes see the Sims games better on a desktop screen over a laptop screen so it is kind of like the tablet versus phone deal too with that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I tried Sims Freeplay years ago and got bored with it early on, so will not play another Sims mobile game again. If EA/MAXIS is going this route then they can count me out of the Sims games. I will stick with Sims 2, SIms 3 and Sims 4 that is more than enought to keep me entertained. I have other games such as Cities Skylines, farming games, civilation that I can have fun with.
  • Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    Mobile is stupid and waste of time and sims is being trashed by ea and will be gone soon after they suck all the money they can from us
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2018
    The good news is that if EA is too much silly to give up this Franchise, another company will make a better Sims game and correctly.
    If only I'd jump ship in a heartbeat.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I feel the same. I think it's fine if there's a Sims mobile game for people who want it, but the moment Sims becomes exclusively mobile is the moment I bid a tearful farewell. (I may or may not continue to play the Sims 4 or even the Sims 3.)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    All the sims free play did for me was make me want a REAL sims game again. Which is when I bought the sims 4, so I hope the sims 5 is a PC game, with EP’s, GP’s, SP’s and even some World packs. I just can’t play mobile games for an extended period.
    Interesting reading through the replies over the past two days. It is clear that support for a PC game is very much strong so I hope that our voices do not get ignored.

Speaking out did get toddlers in TS4 eventually so it should be clear to who ever is listening that players will not stand for a basic mobile app for a Sims game.

Also good to see the that the community is mostly united on this as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Interesting reading through the replies over the past two days. It is clear that support for a PC game is very much strong so I hope that our voices do not get ignored.

Speaking out did get toddlers in TS4 eventually so it should be clear to who ever is listening that players will not stand for a basic mobile app for a Sims game.

Also good to see the that the community is mostly united on this as well :smile:

Agreed! The Sims would just not be the Sims without being on PC. Mobile games just never feel "real"...they feel more like boiled down knock offs just to kill time in life's waiting moments.

If one wants to sit down and spend an evening or an entire day gaming it up, then mobile is just not the answer.

For the MANY, MANY, MANY simmers who have invested tons of money throughout the years and who have clearly shown their deep connections, interests, and obsessions with the sims---on this forum as well as other sites---I hope we are heard and understood :smiley:
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I won't support a new game if it becomes mobile-only, however I will continue to play TS2/3/4. I do believe though that even if they retire Sims on PC for a while, that they will return to it one day. I hope so, anyway.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

No one is questioning who is a Simmer and who is isn't, clearly you misunderstand this thread... We're discussing how if The Sims becomes a mobile only game then the game we have loved and played for decades will be dead (for a lot of us), because a mobile only game can never have the depth and the freedom of a PC game.
    Plus this was commented right after it, which hinted to the direction the Sims may be going which isn't reassuring matters regarding the PC.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    ShaddBoi wrote: »

Agreed! The Sims would just not be the Sims without being on PC. Mobile games just never feel "real"...they feel more like boiled down knock offs just to kill time in life's waiting moments.

If one wants to sit down and spend an evening or an entire day gaming it up, then mobile is just not the answer.

For the MANY, MANY, MANY simmers who have invested tons of money throughout the years and who have clearly shown their deep connections, interests, and obsessions with the sims---on this forum as well as other sites---I hope we are heard and understood :smiley:

Well said! :smile: Especially the part high lighted, we all deserve everything after we have given everything for the past 18 years.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited April 2018
    Perhaps the most funny thing about the Sims community is that we all love interacting with each other online, yet we hate the idea of playing with each other.

That being said, I don't mind online play with limitations put in place. But a full-on mobile game??? Idk, I'll probably pass. I'm sad if this is the end, but my bank account is happy. *shrug* Things were getting too weird anyways...
    p6tqefj