Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platinum Quests

Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
Need to get Platinum on your quests in #TheSimsMedieval? This video shows you how! #SimSaturday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DU9ZMTxT5k

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    That's about right. But be aware, that some quests can last very short time, depending on how you choose to solve them. Keeping your medieval sims happy by feeding them, bathing them, use the chamber pot and kissing/woohooing and getting friends is a good way to bring the meter up to platinum.
  • Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    haha Yes most definitely! I always make sure I take as long as possible...BUT still make sure I complete them in a good amount of time. Its all about finding that medium.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    In the window with the moodlets/buffs you get an icon telling you when you are falling behind on a quest. Just do the next step as soon as you notice this buff and you should be able to finish in time.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    That moodlet will develop over time, to show a larger number of exes underneath, depending how far behind you are. One X is nothing to worry about, two is definitely time to make your next Quest step, and three indicates that you are being deeply penalized for falling behind.

That said, the best thing you can do is keep your focus as high as possible.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    I never saw more than two X on the moodlet.
    I find getting platinum quest rather easy. As you said, keep focus high, and just take your time so the quest meter can fill up to platinum.
    Just a tip: annex Ticktop and you have even more time
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Most of mine complete in platinum though I had 2 finish in gold this week because I was playing at getting my wizard leveled up a bunch and also marrying her off to a towns person so she would have a steady source for her friskiness *wink wink*
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    Since I've already played through most of the quests it's pretty easy to get platinum. When you know the different steps it's easier to balance keeping your sim happy and moving on with the quest. The short quests are the only ones I had struggles with, but once you play through them once you know to not go through too quickly the second time!
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    Always make sure to stay on task with the quests. Sometimes it's easy to get side tracked. Also some quests speed up the timer like the one with the monarch gets replaced by a look a like and raises the taxes, then your hero has to take care of the problem.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    A way to get platinum even on the short quests is to do extra work that the sim earns experience on. For example with the monarch, do the daily quests, one main quest, and then practice on the dummy, write some laws, pass a edit, go bear hunting, or patrol the forest. Keep your buffs high by bathing, drinking, warming your hands, using the mirror, and decor. The more experience you earn, the faster the meter rises.