Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

show all quests cheat

Does anyone know what I need to type for the cheat. I searched online and the cheat is supposed to be ShowAllQuests but it's not working. I can get the motherlode and rerollquests cheat commands to work but not the showallquests cheat command. I've tried both all lower case and with the upper case letters.

I want to do the fishing contest quest but I did a few other quests first and now no matter how many times I reroll the quests it doesn't come back. I was saving the quest for the merchant and now that I have a merchant the quest isn't showing up.

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    You have to edit the Commands.ini file in the installation directory and change "TestingCheatsEnabled=0" to "Testing CheatsEnabled=1"
    In my case this file is located at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\"

Once you've edited that file and saved it, ShowAllQuests should work :)
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited April 2018
    I should have mentioned that I already set up the testing cheats by enabling them.

ETA. I just checked the commands file again. I guess when I repaired the game after I had changed the file it changed it back to 0. I'll have to see if pirates and nobles is still installed because that was the reason I had to repair the game.
    Oh right. Yeah, I always play with testingcheats on, because dumb friendship requirements. Don't understand why my sims need to be friends with someone just to ask them a question or give them a book.... :|
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I know how you feel. I have a love hate relationship with this game. I love my sims but I hate the NPC sims. This is the only sims game where I kill all the killable sims and throw the sims I can't kill into the stocks.

In this game save, my queen had the dream where she had to kiss someone to get rid of the bad moodlet. I put everyone into the stocks that turned down her romantic actions and fed the rest to the pit monster. I pictured the conversations between the sims in the stocks. "What are you here for?" "I wouldn't kiss the queen!" "Me too!"
    hahah sounds like fun, that :D Also imagine the queen throwing rotten eggs and beyond-ripe tomatoes on them, just for laughs.

I think I need to up my game. I'm being too nice to them. Only sending sims to the stocks/Pit when quests demand it.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    ShowAllValidQuests is the command that will give you all quests that can be completed with the heroes you have at their current levels. Yes, you need cheats on.