Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I JUST realized (thanks to the game tips on the loading screen haha) that with child and teen Sims, when they're sleeping, you can choose what they dream about! :open_mouth:
    So when my Sims' child was asleep next, I clicked on the bed and had him dream about being an astronaut. :)
    Even better, if the dream actually comes true the next sim day then the sim gets a powerful moodlet boost. That's not very likely for the child dreams (how many children do you know who become astronauts or dinosaurs?), but it can happen with the somewhat more realistic teen ones. ;)

If the kids dress up using the costume chest toy box thing, they can dress up as an astronaut or a dinosaur or whatever, and it fulfills the dream and they get the moodlet. It's pretty adorable. <3
    giphy.gif

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    KATENESS wrote: »
    If the kids dress up using the costume chest toy box thing, they can dress up as an astronaut or a dinosaur or whatever, and it fulfills the dream and they get the moodlet. It's pretty adorable. <3
    LOL, I actually did not know those games fulfilled the dreams. Makes sense, post corrected. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor you mean I taught you something? Did we slip into an alternate universe somehow?

Maybe it's 'The Berenstein Bears' here. Anyone? Too weird of a reference?
    giphy.gif

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

@KATENESS

captain_america_i_understand_that_reference.png?w=584&h=423

I got it.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Something I didn't know and took me by surprise was when a sim gets frozen solid you can ask a sim near by to thaw out them and they usually do... but if the sim you're asking for help has the Evil trait it's going to walk to your sim, take out the hairdryer think better of it, stop and laugh at your sim! even if they're best friends! I was so unpleasantly surprised when this happened to my sim, like one thing it's take an evil shower but an entirely different thing it's leave your friend potentially die in the cold :confounded:

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    Lately I've discovered sims dogs like tomatoes! I Always thought only horses would eat stuff in the garden, not the dogs!
    Plus, when hungry, dogs can drink from lakes or rivers to have their hunger filled. I guess is how strays can survive around the world :)
    It is nice to think that about the strays, I agree. But actually stray animals are Service Sims and the game takes care of their basic needs when they aren't interacting with sims or each other on-screen. They also usually disappear off the map into total hibernation in between appearances. It's probably just as well though, very few of us want to see dead stray animals all over our worlds or see them dropping from exhaustion because they couldn't make it "home" or to a source of food fast enough.

thank the sims for that!! That would be heart-breaking to see the poor animals that starved. I couldn't take that.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I don't know if it's been said before, but since I'm currently playing with an inventor it's helping me right now. Occasionally an inventor or sculptor will make a magical gnome of inventing/sculpting, mostly if not always when using either "invent" or "sculpt" (as in, sculpt something random). The gnomes function much like the others in the game (teleporting to clean up a puddle, turn on the TV or stereo, remove a weed from a plant, etc.), but these two gnomes have one other ability—they can also finish making an item that your sim leaves alone for the night. When my sim first makes one, I place it on top of the workbench or sculpting station, and there's maybe a 75% chance that when it teleports away, the item under construction will be complete and moveable (sculptures) or 99% complete (inventions). Once let loose, the gnome will occasionally come back and do it again, although I'm not sure there's any way to control it.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I find the gnomes to be more then a little creepy.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @igazor you mean I taught you something? Did we slip into an alternate universe somehow?

I loved reading those books to my boy!!

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Zombies can climb firehouse poles. I learned this after two had snuck up to my second story porch and eaten all my plants!
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member

I had a bunch of those books as a kid!

Aand multiple people miss a Mandela Effect reference.

Regarding zombies, yeah they are literal murder on a garden. Only real way to keep them out is a roof top/basement garden with only interior access or a greenhouse.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I have no fullmoon at the moment because I don´t want my werewolfs to glitch, but whenever a zombie spawned where it wasn´t supposed to, I just reset the sim.

Regarding werewolfs, I just learned, that they change if they are upsed: one of them had the mourning moodlet because her brother died, and she just suddenly changed and couldn´t change back, because she was so unhappy. I really liked that.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Faerie197 I got the reference, I just didn't have anything to add to the conversation.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    I have zombies disabled in my game.
    But when I did have them, just locking the garden gate seemed to work in keeping them out.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @Pancakesandwich, No new lifestate came with Generations. I've seen players stating that they see this pack more as a stuff pack instead of an expansion pack.

This tells you what comes with this pack. It allows teens to do pranks on other Sims, the Chemistry talent comes with it, a day care profession, a boarding school as well as other things... :)
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/

The imaginary friend came with generations. It's a doll a baby will receive in the mail and if they interact with it enough it will grow with them but only they can see it.
    @Faerie197 Thank you! It was totally a Mandela Effect reference. :D

As for something I didn't know:

One of my sims is super old. She's the wife from generation 2 in my legacy. Generation 6 was just born. And she doesn't recognize her as family. Gen 5 was her "Great-Granddaughter" but Gen 6 is just "friend". I get it because I'm sure it would be hard for the game to have so many generations. But at the same time it's kind of a bummer that they're not technically related when they should be.
    giphy.gif

• JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I have to ask, @KATENESS how did you manage to have that many generations and have that sim still be around? I've yet to have a grandparent live to see their grandchild turn into a teen! Am I doing something wrong?
    @KatyJay88 Well honestly I'm starting to think she's glitched. :D I do have the lifespan set to Long, but other generations have died. She did complete the Marathon athletic achievement and that says she will enjoy a nice long life. But really it's feeling a little too long, if you ask me. B)

It's been nice having the extra help around the house. And I don't want to just adjust the lifespan and essentially kill her. But at the same time I just don't know how long she'll last. It's definitely weird.
    giphy.gif

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    One of my sims is super old. She's the wife from generation 2 in my legacy. Generation 6 was just born. And she doesn't recognize her as family. Gen 5 was her "Great-Granddaughter" but Gen 6 is just "friend". I get it because I'm sure it would be hard for the game to have so many generations. But at the same time it's kind of a bummer that they're not technically related when they should be.
    If it's any consolation, there are other family relationships that the game does recognize (this might even be one of them, not sure) for which there happen to be no special icons on the relationship panel. Great Aunt/Uncle (Great Nephew/Niece) is one of them. More than a couple of simmers have happened across two sims with that relationship that, due to gaps in the kids being born in a prior generation, were around the same age. And not realizing it, tried to have them date or be romantic, but found it to be impossible because the relationship was still there.

The one I wish the game would recognize in some way but does not is First Cousin Once Removed.

In real life, many of us did or still know our great grandparents. One of mine was there to see me off to "Uni." In theory, she could have been a great great grandmother like your sim, had my life gone in that direction. I don't think she ever went marathon jogging though. I'm having a difficult time picturing that. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    There's also the LTW potion that makes a sim unaging, turning Aging off and deciding when a sim ages up yourself, some Supernatural life states have longer life spans then a normal sim, an Opportunity that brings a ghost back into the household as a controllable sim, and probably a few I don't know about.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    @KatyJay88 Well honestly I'm starting to think she's glitched. :D I do have the lifespan set to Long, but other generations have died. She did complete the Marathon athletic achievement and that says she will enjoy a nice long life. But really it's feeling a little too long, if you ask me. B)

It's been nice having the extra help around the house. And I don't want to just adjust the lifespan and essentially kill her. But at the same time I just don't know how long she'll last. It's definitely weird.

Ohhhh I see! When I did a similar aspiration like that in Sims 4 my granny lived forever. So I guess that has something to do with it, but yeah she may be glitched. Keep us updated when the day comes!! lol.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @KATENESS Although it's always sad to lose a sim, it sounds like you kept her happy from our previous conversation in another thread and to die doing what they love is always a bonus.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The number of pop-culture references (especially the references to other games). In Ambitions, if you use the time travelling thing, you may get a pop-up talking about "some sort of shepherd saving the galaxy" (a reference to Commander Sheppard, the main playable character in the Mass Effect series).

There's a Futurama reference in Oasis Landing from Into The Future, with a household made up of a man named Fryderyk, a woman named Lilah, and a robot named Bend0. There's also a household with a lady named Chelsea and a robot named Gladys. A pretty obvious Portal reference.

One of the movie posters on the cinema building in Sims University looks like the Iron Man poster. Isla Paradiso from Island Paradise is also full of references to Disney's "The Little Mermaid", including a red-haired Sim named Ariel, another Sim named Ursula, and a message in a bottle that asks for the instructions for a dinglehopper.

Oh, don't even get me started on book titles… :P

Like one book is called 'Oh, the Destinations You'll Visit' or something like that. Based on Dr. Seuss's 'Oh, the Places You'll Go'. Plus there's 'Jimmy Sprocket and the Squishy Stone'. Probably a spoof of 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top