Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Family Portrait!

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I wish we could get this without downloading Sims Mobile. I don't have enough space on my phone to download it.

You can. I don't have sims mobile. I just put in my phone number and got the frame. No app needed.
    I managed to get this just by entering an old work number and restarting my game; and there it was in the decoration category. :+1:

I don't have, and will not have, Sims Mobile, so I don't think that is a requirement at all.

It would be nice to have had a choice of frames and I don't like how huge it is, and the fact that it doesn't shrink very well - still needs to be put on a big wall regardless of the size but, hey, it's free and it means we don't have to mess around with Pose Player to get reasonably nice family group portrait. :)
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Whuuu... I have it!

0IxdFwy.png
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    storminmay wrote: »
    I've been dying for this feature for forever, so I went all the way: put in my phone number, downloaded the stupid game, and deleted it from my phone. Totally worth it, IMO.

I haven't explored much yet in the photography skill, but is there any other way to get pictures/portraits of Sims besides selfies? (I'm not talking about painted portraits, just photo ones.)

You can use the photography skill to take pictures of individual Sims from your phone or camera. It should show up as 'Take Photo Of...', so it's a phone or camera photo without a selfie. You can also buy a photo studio which can be used to take a portrait of 1-2 Sims. Unfortunately mine is very buggy and has been for at least a year.

Ah, but otherwise this family portrait is the only one of its kind? A bummer, but thank you for the info!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I wish we could get this without downloading Sims Mobile. I don't have enough space on my phone to download it.

You can. I don't have sims mobile. I just put in my phone number and got the frame. No app needed.
    I managed to get this just by entering an old work number and restarting my game; and there it was in the decoration category. :+1:

I don't have, and will not have, Sims Mobile, so I don't think that is a requirement at all.

It would be nice to have had a choice of frames and I don't like how huge it is, and the fact that it doesn't shrink very well - still needs to be put on a big wall regardless of the size but, hey, it's free and it means we don't have to mess around with Pose Player to get reasonably nice family group portrait. :)

You can put it on any size wall using MOO.
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    I do not own the game on my phone, but I put my phone number in and got it!
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »

You can put it on any size wall using MOO.
    Ahh, yes, of course! :)

I'm something of a Sims 4 newbie and don't use 'cheats' very often so forgot about that possibility. From a little test I did if you reduce some of the other wall decorations they would fit on smaller walls without using MOO.
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    I finally have my family frame it's magnificent!
    6Xk2Xpv.jpg
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have it now and was just about to post a screenshot. Then I remembered I better not because it's my self sim who wears shirts with rude logos on them and I don't think that's allowed here. :D At any rate, I think it's a really nifty thing to have.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I hope it will be coming to the consoles soon.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I don't have a cell phone so I guess I don't get it. This stinks! :'(
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    04_24_18_10_52_21_PM.png

I love the fact that it auto-updates as the family changes/grows. Ryllo & Zoe had another child, a little girl named Stormy. And Dayton aged up to toddler stage. I remembered the portrait and went to see if I needed to do anything to update it and it was already reflecting the family changes :) Yay!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    This "free" item is NOT free if you have to give out your phone number, do a phone game download, or both!

I bet you that the next "free" item will involve giving EA your home address! They may even go as far as asking for social security numbers - who knows where it will end?

Free should mean free - no hoops to jump through, no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s about it!

"... And THAT'S what really grinds my gears!"

:-1::-1:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I regret putting in my real mobile number now, a few of us simmers have reported spam calls a day after redeeming the item.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    This "free" item is NOT free if you have to give out your phone number, do a phone game download, or both!

I bet you that the next "free" item will involve giving EA your home address! They may even go as far as asking for social security numbers - who knows where it will end?

Free should mean free - no hoops to jump through, no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s about it!

"... And THAT'S what really grinds my gears!"

:-1::-1:

You can literally insert random numbers and the frame still unlocks. No download needed. It's not that big of a big deal.
    knazzer wrote: »
    I regret putting in my real mobile number now, a few of us simmers have reported spam calls a day after redeeming the item.

I haven't received a single spam call, text, email, anything. I'm not saying it couldn't have happened to some but let's make sure we're not making false claims. There are MANY ways a spam call could be coming to you that have absolutely nothing to do with you submitting your phone number anywhere. There have been so many hacking issues lately and so many phone scams going around, even to landline phones. Do you have proof that the spam call was due to submitting your number for this reward? Did the call come from EA or any entity marketing/selling for EA?
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    knazzer wrote: »

I haven't received a single spam call, text, email, anything. I'm not saying it couldn't have happened to some but let's make sure we're not making false claims. There are MANY ways a spam call could be coming to you that have absolutely nothing to do with you submitting your phone number anywhere. There have been so many hacking issues lately and so many phone scams going around, even to landline phones. Do you have proof that the spam call was due to submitting your number for this reward? Did the call come from EA or any entity marketing/selling for EA?

I think the only reason they ask you your number is just to send you the link to download the mobile app.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I really like this item. I love that the poses can be randomized and I love the clothing change options. I don't love how honking big this thing is, however. I would love different ones all through the house, but for now I'm happy with the main one. I did put a second one in the basement, but didn't save that file because I messed up the original poses on the first one. I do want to know how can I just make it for the humans of the house? I would love to have one with them and the pets and would love to have one without the pets. Is that possible to do? Heck, is it possible to change the size of the frame? A buddy of mine said you can as well as change it from horizontal to vertical, but I haven't seen those options and he hasn't answered my messages.
  • ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > Sul sul Simmers!
    >
    > The family portrait sneaked its way into the game menu! Did you get yours already? I sure did :smiley:
    >

I absolutely love this!! It will now be a staple in all houses I play.
    -Heather
    EA Game Changer - Sims Lover
    YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Do I need sims mobile or not to have this? I don't have a phone so...but would love to have this family portrait.
  • ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member
    > @soko37 said:
    > Do I need sims mobile or not to have this? I don't have a phone so...but would love to have this family portrait.

You have to type in a phone number on your TS4 game in order to unlock it, you do not have to download the mobile game.
    -Heather
    EA Game Changer - Sims Lover
    YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl
  • KirbycatKirbycat Posts: 21 Member
    Does the photo update itself with a new portrait? (In the mobile game, it updates itself with new sims) I have one sim as of now but plan to add to her household.
    edited April 2018
    Kirbycat wrote: »
    Does the photo update itself with a new portrait? (In the mobile game, it updates itself with new sims) I have one sim as of now but plan to add to her household.

@Kirbycat - Yes, it'll automatically update as your family expands and ages :)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2018

It is supposed to, but one of my files is missing a child in the picture. I deleted it.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    HeatherABC wrote: »
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > Sul sul Simmers!
    >
    > The family portrait sneaked its way into the game menu! Did you get yours already? I sure did :smiley:
    >

I absolutely love this!! It will now be a staple in all houses I play.

Where in the menu is it located? I already put my old number in to activate but I don't see it in buy mode anywhere...
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

It is supposed to, but one of my files is missing a child in the picture. I deleted it.

Did you freeze the portrait to save the way it looked?