Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ SIMS 4 QC MONTHLY ~ CHALLENGE 31 DUE (CDT) 1ST JULY ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    That's so true @rosemow ...I tend to put too many of the challenges in different tabs to keep up with which ones I want to do or decide on.. so yeah... it gets confusing at times... i'm just glad I looked at the rules one more time before throwing in the towel !!haha.. silly me :)
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Cbear13 --- Did you see my Wizard of Oz and another Simmer's wizard, and someone's Emerald City? --- I used the hashtag for the QC challenge 29 Monthly, and so did the 2 other Simmers used the right hashtag too.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I only just learned that you can't use roofs in the basement section of a build! Ack! I was hoping to create underground parking using the slanted roof as the driveway going down. I may need to figure out a different way of doing this.

LOVING this challenge so far!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    misscbong wrote: »
    I only just learned that you can't use roofs in the basement section of a build! Ack! I was hoping to create underground parking using the slanted roof as the driveway going down. I may need to figure out a different way of doing this.

LOVING this challenge so far!

@misscbong I made a ramp type parking lot once.. I used all black stairs that blended in with my all black parking pavement.. which gave the impression of a ramp.. otherwise have you tired using the roof in the basement with the moo cheat? I've never tried it but I am somewhat curious to know :) We should have ramps in this game because what if we wanted to build a wheelchair accessible home... I also think our game could use curved or rounded stairs to go with the curved and rounded decks :)
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    @Cbear13 Can the Mall be on any 64x64 lot or does it have to be in Myshuno Meadows ?
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @maryjane2joe It can be any 64x64 lot of your choice :blush: The challenge is named after Myshuno Meadows, but if you look at the requirements it only asks for that size lot, and not a specific one.
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Ninnster wrote: »
    @maryjane2joe It can be any 64x64 lot of your choice :blush: The challenge is named after Myshuno Meadows, but if you look at the requirements it only asks for that size lot, and not a specific one.

!!YAY!! Ok and Thank You for your quick reply!! I've been working on it and all of a sudden thought... oh my gosh what if it doesn't work there!! So glad to know!!

*Phew!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @HEW310 love your sims and they look like the are ready to hit the mall

@maryjane2joe oh so glad you realised about the budget haha easily to mistake with so many challenges going on, cant wait to see what you come up with. Originally I had set it to Myshuno Meadows lot til I was told you cant change the type of lot so changed it to any 64x64

@misscbong oh that does sound interesting I hope you figure out a way to do the driveway ramp it will look amazing

@coolsim9999999 oh no I didnt I will go check it out

New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    @coolsim9999999 oh no I didnt I will go check it out
    Thanks a lot @Cbear13 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @HEW310 love your sims and they look like the are ready to hit the mall
    thank you so much!! I had loads of fun making them and their backstories :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    QC Monthly challenge no: QCMonthly 30
    Origin ID: 88th-BombGeek
    Forum ID: maryjane2joe
    Do you have the city pack? Yes
    Name of Lot used: Windenburg - Dresden House
    Build gallery name: The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Rose Mall
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B9F2748E46B411E8824227308412E0F7?fb_action_ids=2030963110557884&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=2030963110557884&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    Notes: Twelve full Bathrooms and Six sleeping quarters (for overworked sims) but they must pay to stay. Huge parking lot which goes all around the mall and beautifully landscaped with a remarkable pond. Plenty of seating outside and inside. Upon the entrance you'll see a Beauty Shop and a Doctor's Office and from there you will enter into the main ground floor of the mall. Here you'll find a wonderful Ice Skating Rink where you can remove your shoes and have fun whether watching or skating. On the ground floor we have many shops including a full scale gym with private bathrooms and an Appliance Store, Upscale Electronics Shop, Designer Clothing Store and more. Second floor of the mall and as I might add I made the mall itself so that from every floor you can see the skaters below through wonderful scenery. The middle of the Skating Rink has a beautiful 'Rose of 🐸🐸🐸🐸' pond to capture the attention of the skaters and onlookers as they enjoy themselves. The second floor of the mall has a Karaoke Bar and a huge Food Court with many tastes including cheeseburgers, and fish lovers and stir-fry and pastries as well as a health food shop for the sims more interested in healthier lifestyle. On this floor is a two screen movie theatre which includes its own snack bar for those popcorn lovers. There is also a magnificent game room for those bored teens. A famous coffee bar and the main public restrooms as well as other splendid shops. The third floor of the mall includes a professional photographer studio, an artist painting school, Sporting Goods for sims who love camping, beautiful Children Toy and Furniture store, relaxation juice bar and much more. The third floor has many more shops (i can't list everything) yet as well as areas to rest and eat snacks from the snack machines plus this floor has the private Security section for the safety of all sims who shop there and this office has the private stairs that leads to the top floor (roof area) maintenance room where the main power supply and AC is carefully watched over and cared for plus - they have their own small kitchenette and a restroom because they get very dirty up there.

Images (3-6 max):

3TgCkVT.jpg

ghq2lPI.png

1HsQdhf.png

2wdAeKX.png

TMCilat.png

pfyXH0D.png

(please post 1 street view photo)

DvWTZIl.png

I included a slideshow for those who may be interested. I did not mark or lable the photos because I have to go out of town to see my mother. Some of the photos have the grid lines (sorry) but i didn't forsee my trip and i am unable to do any touch-ups at the moment. This was a very fun build and quite interesting. Hopefully it works out for the challenge. Everything is playable. No cc but use i used moo on a very few (not really needed type) items. I play tested it and dropped it down to make sure everything is workable.. and thankfully - it is :) The best way to enjoy this mall is to just go play it because I had fun playing there.

Slideshow - https://imgur.com/a/uocf247

Have fun everybody with your builds; when I get back I can't wait to see them all.

Post edited by maryjane2joe on
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Rose Mall is such a very creatively designed build! @maryjane2joe :) The layout, design and furnishing of the whole mall build as well as the individual areas looks so very,very great ! The design of the pond, bridge, plants, flowers and crane birds feature in the front area of the build looks so very pretty! The large car park, encompassing each side of the lot is great! Very nice design of the ice skating rink! The pond, fountains and sculptures feature in the middle of it looks so very pretty and nice! The hanging white lights is an elegant touch. It is great that the skating rink is in the central area of the Mall and can be seen from other levels. Very nice furnishing of each area of the interior! Each area looks very great! It would have involved so much time and work to the build! Very nice movie theatre room. The red colour of the walls and the red lighting gives a nice cinema look and feel. It looks great how the chairs have been set up there for sims to enjoy watching the movies. Very nice food court area! The colourful chequered tiled flooring in the Games area looks very nice!
    It is a very special Mall for our sims to enjoy visiting! :)
    I hope that you have safe travelling to visit your Mother,
  • Options
    Thank You @rosemow for such a beautiful review!! You always cheer me up as well as everyone so thank you for all you do for us!! Thank you also for wishing me a safe trip (I get nervous traveling) and I am anxious about my mother <3
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    Thank You @rosemow for such a beautiful review!! You always cheer me up as well as everyone so thank you for all you do for us!! Thank you also for wishing me a safe trip (I get nervous traveling) and I am anxious about my mother <3

You’re welcome! @maryjane2joe :)
  • Options
    BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    Hi All,

I am right in the middle of the Mall- challenge. I decided to put the parking lot on the roof, because I, too, had wanted it to be in the basement. This is my first screenshot. Not finished, of course:
    jpd1amj.png
    vdeaSb2.jpg
  • Options
    It is great that you are doing the Mall challenge ! @Bolonkafrauchen :) The rooftop parking level is looking good. I will look forward to seeing the finished build!
  • Options
    CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2018
    QC Monthly Sim challenge no: 30
    Origin ID: CaramelLibra29
    Sims Gallery Name: Shop 2gether Friends 4Eva
    Gallery Link: Download Here
    Introduce your sims and explain their style:They started off as suitemates @Llama Union Univeristy (Historically Black Sim University) Despite them having very different fashion styles, they often rode to the local mall together to save gas. 5 years later, they are still carpooling to the mall but this time they're looking for a LIT Homecoming Outfit for the Alumni ball.
    Lyric is an Aspiring Artist. She dresses in flowing fabric with bright colors and bold prints; one could consider her style as "Boho". She is also a vegan and teaches art classes part-time.
    Rose is from Baldwin Hills, CA in one of the most affluent black neighborhoods in Simerica. She has a very fresh, young take on the preppy style and is brink on inventing the next best scientific find.
    Alease attended Llama Union University with a Full scholarship for Ladies Basketball and is now in the minor leagues. She has ALWAYS dressed in sporty attire and is slowly learning how to add a few feminine pieces into her wardrobe. (Thanks Donnisha)
    Donnisha is modern, Chic fashionista. Even though she recently graduated from L.U.U, she still dresses in her pink/green sorority colors. Now Donnisha is pursuing a career in the Social Media Public Relations field.
    vkHo3yM.jpg
    afVEkcK.jpg
    Post edited by CJSimmie on
  • Options
    It was great reading the background details of your shopper and Uni friends @CaramelLibra29 :) It is great that each of them is uniquely different in the type of person they are and their clothing style. The poses that you have used for the photos are great! I hope that they enjoy the Alumni Ball :)
  • Options
    @CaramelLibra29 Your sims look so nice! I love their backstories as well :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in the process of making my mall, and I didn't realise how difficult it would be since I only have 3 packs! I'm working through it, but I hope I can get it done in time :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    @Bolonkafrauchen I love your parking and the ramp!!! Especially the ramp; I can't believe you made it as perfect as you did.. awesome!! I can't wait to see the rest!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    QC Monthly challenge no: 30
    Origin ID: Bolonkafrauchen
    Do you have the city pack?yes
    Name of Lot used: Hound’s Head, Brindleton Bay
    Build gallery name: Brindelton Bay Mall
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/93CCA13651BD11E880ADDCEAC1BA3175?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Bolonkafrauchen&max=50&maxis=false
    This is a very big mall, offering everything a sim could expect. It has a kindergarten where you can leave your toddlers supervised during your visit. It offers various shops, a dining area, a café and a gym with a spa. On the top floor is a Selvadorian restaurant, for those who prefer a more fancy dining location. In the basement there is a cinema with 3 screens and a wonderful night-club. There is also a small parking lot on the roof.
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    Album: https://imgur.com/a/or1X8dh
    wL9Q1ol.png
    Al4nr8o.png
    U0XUUC3.png
    27mAYwZ.png
    qNmnDz4.png
    qKCzWtS.png
    Note: I replaced the elevators with photos. I thought defunct elevators may not be accepted. For those interested I did upload an early version of the mall. The lot “By Mall 2” (https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DB16F86351BC11E88025DCEAC1BA3175?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Bolonkafrauchen&max=50&maxis=false ) has 4 Elevators, albeit defunct. That causes problems with leaving the build mode, you have to exit the lot via “manage worlds” before you can continue in live mode again. Have a look, if you like 
    vdeaSb2.jpg
  • Options
    Brindleton Bay Mall is very creatively designed build! @Bolonkafrauchen :) Each of the areas and levels of the build looks so very great! Very nice furnishing of each area of the Mall! It is great that there are three movie screens in the basement level. Very nice kindergarten area! Toddlers will have fun playing on the play equipment there. The designs of the dining areas are very nice. The books look very nice how have been placed on and near the table in the bookshop .
    It is a very special mall for sims to enjoy visiting ! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top