March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with just one household?

Comments

• rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    I play exclusively with one household at a time because I'm a legacy player. I don't switch households until the heir grows up and moves out. Check out my legacy challenge...each aspiration must complete an aspiration. I'm on Chapter 8! https://thebestsimmer.wordpress.com
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I very rarely actually PLAY the game beyond creating houses and lots and Sims.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    Thank you all for your stories and preferences.
    I'm so happy I asked.
    It sounds like if your going to play multi households setting the game play so that ONLY the active family aged, Is a must.
    Powered with this info I'm ready to step out of my single cookie cutter household.

Too all the people with 10 or more active households, my hats off to you, superstars!
  • DevinlovescassDevinlovescass Posts: 5 New Member
    Yeah i abitually create an househlod then play with them for a long time (like get two gen's!!) then, i create a new one and re-start the cycle again.
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    Just the one household –my simself and her family.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • ZedTheGamerZedTheGamer Posts: 8 New Member
    I am playing with one family at the moment that has 4 generations!! I know most people think that's a bit low but i usually just switch so it's a lot for me :)

P.S The 4th generation is pregnant at the moment XD
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I play with multiple households since I play with aging off and it would get super boring if I just had the same 1 family with no major changes.
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    I've always only ever played one household, since The Sims. Even with aging off, it never got monotonous for me.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    I have multiple saves and play with two families in each save.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I play only one. I had tried out another household on a whim one day and played maybe three Sims days. I go back to my original household and they were arguing to the point where their status went down to enemies with benefits. It was horrible and I have no idea what provoked that. I won't do it ever again and have been getting a side slot prepped to play with other families there minus my main one. I don't care if it was a glitch or what I'm not subjecting my boys to arguing like that and breaking up again. Now hopefully I can play a side slot properly and not mess things up lol
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have multiple files, and in each file, I only play one family. To me, playing multiple household in one file is too erratic. I play to relax.
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I play legacy and am on gen 5/6 at the moment. I play with my next heir each time but I sometimes do some rotational play with different families because I keep track of all the family trees in my Sims 4 universe. ^_^ When I don't play a legacy household I disable aging and progression (MCCC) so that my legacy sims won't be affected.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    In Sims 2 I played a whole neighborhood and kept track by the seasons. Now I play like 10 households, my favorites. Usually big families.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I alternate between my 2 legacy families in different saves.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I play with multiple households with different aspirations. I think playing with only one family gets repetitive after a while and I like to try new things.
  • HazelTeeHazelTee Posts: 15 Member
    I have 3 saves and 2-3 families in each one that I focus on playing. I like to connect my sims stories to one another. That is usually how I end up making a new family.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2018
    When I'm not playing a challenge, I love to start out with one Sim and play Rags to Riches style with one Sim/Household per save. But even when playing a challenge, it's always the one household/Sim, never tried playing rotation style.

My current gameplay save is an Apocalypse Challenge. So far I'm up to Gen 3 in the family with six living members (1 elder, 3 adults, 1 child, 1 toddler) and two elder ghosts! o.O That's the most Sims I've EVER played in one family. It's a bit chaotic, especially since I micromanage (except the uncontrollable ghosts), but it's been tons of fun so far! :)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I can only focus on one household at a time. Whenever I have tried jumping into a different one, it felt like walking into a party where I didnt know anybody.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I currently have 81 played households in one save. 82 total. So no. I could never just play one household. I'd be so bored.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I currently have 81 played households in one save. 82 total. So no. I could never just play one household. I'd be so bored.

wowwwwwwww!!!! im amazed
  • CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
    I play with just 1 household unless they are family. I have aging turned off except when 1 of my sims has a baby. Otherwise I go for skill and traits rather than age.
  • KuroridaKurorida Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 2018
    ᶠᵘʲᵒˢʰᶤ ʷᶤᵗʰ ᴾʳᵒᵘᵈ
    ━ ❝If I played just with one household I'll be bored for sure, tbh, even with more than one I get bored. So I try to create households that interact with each other and then I can have more than just side stories. It's more funny this way25q39dl
    Post edited by Kurorida on
    a41pgk.jpg
    English isn't my main language so forgive any mistake I make
    m e a n w h i l e
    Addicted To This Drug
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited April 2018
    I had 6 diffrent households in my main save. But I started a new one a couple of days ago with only 1 household. But I think I will add some more, just in case I get bored.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Per-save, I usually stick to one household unless it's TS2, which I'm pretty much forced to play to keep everyone in-sync.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I can’t stick with one family because I’m interested in different types of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. Sometimes my sims lives intertwine with each other in rotational play though.