Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims Franchise Coming To An End?

Comments

• nasTdudenasTdude Posts: 95 Member
    based on current rumours looks like we will be heading to a more mobile platform.......
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'm sad to see it go... I hope they at least make seasons.

Definitely worried with whatever EP they’re working on now, especially with budget cuts and leavings mid-development. Could be the worst and most unfinished EP to date. :neutral:
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018

I just wish EA or The Sims Team could clear some things up for us instead of keeping us in the dark.

Certainly seems we are yet again going back to those days when they said "transparency" and then closed ranks, told us nothing and things went so far south...
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    That's really bad news. Though I like many features in Sims 4 (like the Gallery, traveling between towns, the club system from Get Together, the whole art style, and multitasking of course), I've always felt like there is something WRONG with this game. Like it's a bit too casual compared to previous chapters: you can just teleport everywhere, you don't need to wait while broken things are fixed, can gain aspiration points very easily, etc. I hoped, however, the game would become better with every new DLC so these minor things wouldn't annoy me much. More possibilities, more depth, you know.

But now I see where it's going. Maybe all the Sims 4 game was just a test before the money-making Sims Mobile. The Devs did what they could to make the Sims 4 better, I think. But I never had that feeling like with TS3 expansion packs, like they gave everything we could expect from a DLC and even more! Do you remember when they released Supernatural and Seasons EPs in one quarter? Do you remember when they announced horses for Pets EP? Nobody really expected horses! It was like: "WHAT?! Omg, take my money!" They usually gave us more than we could expect in the previous chapters (well, except the Showtime EP!). In TS4 they give us less, all the time.

And now the situation is going to be even worse with all that stuff-culling. There's just no way it's not getting worse! I think I should get back to TS3. Despite all the flaws, it remains the most diverse and complete Sims title for me.
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    I think EA are finally done with The Sims for PC after destroying everything good that is left. And believe me, they are very good in that. After SimCity, Bioware and many others things now we are witness how they slowly killing the sims. The only think that they care this days are money and more money. I am done with them from a long time.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2018
    As I said Need For Speed was developed by EA Black Box, now it's developed by Ghost Games.

The franchise will still exist even if it's developed by another studio.

• nasTdudenasTdude Posts: 95 Member
    I agree.They must be done with PC. We get a half baked rushed engine with TS4 it didn't have toddlers at the start and still doesn't have proper teens. argh. you can tell it was rushed and was an online engine slapped together with duct tape to make ts4. ugh EA why you gotta ruin this franchise. it could have been AMAZING . sigh. ah well hopefully we get a competitor. EA you can stuff ur mobile bussiness.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

I just wish EA or The Sims Team could clear some things up for us instead of keeping us in the dark.

Certainly seems we are yet again going back to those days when they said "transparency" and then closed ranks, told us nothing and things went so far south...

We can't expect them telling the truth. Like: "OK, people, everything was cool, but now we're off with TS4 to make the mobile game!" No way, they will certainly sell more low-quality packs while there are some "stubborn" people who still prefer to play The Sims on PC.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    If the Sims 4 ends now that's a slap in the face to the community who have been begging for Seasons and other packs that are missing. Could they actually end TS4 without Seasons?

They probably already have seasons complete if it is seasons.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2018
    If the Sims 4 ends now that's a slap in the face to the community who have been begging for Seasons and other packs that are missing. Could they actually end TS4 without Seasons?

EA was able to leave Mass Effect Andromeda without releasing the DLC which answer the questions (Who is the benefactor ? Who killed Jien Garson ? What happen to the Quarian Ark ? What is the Remnant worm from Elaaden ? )

They are clearly able to leave TS4 without releasing Seasons EP.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have zero interest in going back to mobile Sims. I got into FreePlay for awhile before I finally managed to get PC that could handle the Sims. And even then, my interest waned. And I still have no interest in their latest mobile. Being made to wait a week or pay up some $20 to unlock something that I can get in the pc version automatically, is not my idea of a good time. I much rather pay upfront and get what I want right then and there than playing for "free" and get slammed with paywall after paywall after a few minutes of gameplay. If future Sims games come out only for mobile platforms, consider me gone.
  • fire2ice1973fire2ice1973 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @nasTdude said:
    > based on current rumours looks like we will be heading to a more mobile platform.......

I will never go from playing Sims on a 55" Ultra HD TV with my own self built gaming computer to a 12" tablet with no mods or custom content. Not going to happen. If Sims goes to mobile, I'm done and I've been playing sense Sims 1.
  • LeilaniNightLeilaniNight Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope that sims does not come to an end. My brother got me into the game a little over 18 years ago. He always kept me up to date by getting me the newest packs for my birthday and Christmas. Now that he’s gone I make sure I get every pack that comes out, in honor of him. EA please don’t end. It’s because of the sims I have some great memories, and it’s because of the sims I’m gaining new friends and less depressed. I know people complain but that’s the world we live in now. No one is ever satisfied with what we have and we always want more. Ignore them and continue making the sims for those who truly appreciate the game!

That’s my two cents worth.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope that sims does not come to an end. My brother got me into the game a little over 18 years ago. He always kept me up to date by getting me the newest packs for my birthday and Christmas. Now that he’s gone I make sure I get every pack that comes out, in honor of him. EA please don’t end. It’s because of the sims I have some great memories, and it’s because of the sims I’m gaining new friends and less depressed. I know people complain but that’s the world we live in now. No one is ever satisfied with what we have and we always want more. Ignore them and continue making the sims for those who truly appreciate the game!

That’s my two cents worth.

do not worry people say things are coming to an end all the time that's human nature
    things will end someday because everything has an end when that will be no one really knows
    I doubt it will be anytime soon and even if it does it will never take away what you and your brother share @LeilaniNight
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I hope they will communicate with us about what's going on. I'm really worried now. I just hope we atleast get Seasons and more pool items before it's done.

I also want beach destination pack so bad before this game ends
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Mobile... Great when you have time to kill and are on an exercise bike for 10 minutes and can catch up on facebook. Mobile games, just don't cut it for me. Feeling a great deal of sadness right now with all this negative news. Is it the end of something I love? I worried way back when the sims cut staff to try to establish the online game. It failed. I played facebook Sim Social until they suddenly cut the game. But without staff how can you be optimistic that the desktop sims will continue?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I hope it's not coming to an end. I'm now just starting to get into Sims 4, really, once pets released. But if it does it does. There's a whole of bunch of stuff I'd love to see in the game but I kind of feel that as long as we get Seasons (which is likely by the end of this year, I think) I'm okay with it. Will always wish we had things like farming, werewolves, more destinations hotels and things that have never been in the game before like zoos, theme parks and aquariums (minus a few theme park rides it would all be new), and of course a tropical island destination. University, witches, I could go on and on. But really, when it comes down to it, for me anyways, seasons is the only big thing missing.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    edited April 2018
    THere was budget cuts and laid off gurus and then moved some to mobile so ya i can imagine what they have in store. But tbh when you release part of expansion pack as game pack and stuff (my first pet stuff as example) it's gonna bite you in the butt. Just like sims city llaunch bit them in the butt. So tbh I'm not suprise if EA sees more money in the mobile game instead of the pc.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    The Sims has been in the process of ending for some time now (since mid sims 3 in my opinion). Nothing is improving, corners keep getting cut. They still decided to rush and release sims 4 even though it was literally scraps of what was supposed to be an online game (which most simmers never wanted in the first place). That's why we got so many things for free in the game (pools, toddlers, etc). Then there's whatever political and employment mess going on in the sims team (which I suspect has been going on for a while now too, not just recently). This game has been slowly going down the hole for a while now.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Somehow I can't imagine that TS for PC is ending. If you look at sales rankings in shops here in Germany, TS4 is as far ahead of everything else as Harry Potter books were ahead of all other novels. If that is not enough to earn money, then PC gaming as a whole is coming to an end.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I hope it doesn't move to an exclusive mobile platform. The current information and a lack of a quarterly teaser has made me to decide on waiting on buying new expansion packs.

This past year I bought the expansions on release date. In the future I will save money and wait a couple of months to get the game at cheaper prices. I have lost confidence that the PC platform is a top priority and will let my purchasing power show my disappointment in the direction the game is taking.

If the June event proves they still care about the PC platform then I'll buy it on the release date, but if the information is completely about the mobile game. Then any future TS4 game releases will be bought six month later on sale.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    If it moves to mobile for good, I'm done. I didn't like playing it on my phone so I deleted it. I much prefer it on a computer.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Unless EA changes their attitude and their view of the franchise, yes it's going to end. The Sims will never be a successful mobile game, it's simple as that. Hopefully a competitor can take on the challenge and finally make their own game in the simulator genre. It's sorely needed.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • JujuBeeBunJujuBeeBun Posts: 8 New Member
    I think the Sims 4 was quite a nice game, even though I agree that it should have been worked on a lot longer. It's ridiculous that they are now making DLC's for DLC's. That is just a cash-grab. It's obvious that they are starting to run out of ideas. I really do hope that they come out with Sims 5, and make it seamless.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I hope someone else will bring out an innovative new life simulator some day.