Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Endgame?

Comments

• samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    I also would have said no until yesterday, now I'm not so sure.
    Post edited by samemie on
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Yes
    Yes its coming to an end. This is it they're pushing mobile.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    No
    I don't think The Sims 4 is going away that fast, they may still do some packs because they're profitable. But I'm not that sure we'll get a TS5 in the usual timeframe. They may take a break and reboot it many years from now or not to it at all... I'm uncertain because the ad for The Sims Mobile on the main screen of The Sims 4 with extra content to unlock if you have both looks really similar to what happened with The Sims 3 when 4 launched. You got an ad for The Sims 4 on 3's main screen and bonus content if you had both.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I honestly do not know. With the recent events my sense of perception with this franchise has been very cloudy.

Daniel was my homeboy, and hearing about that news broke me in a way I shouldn't have been broken when it comes down to my love for The Sims.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    No
    I voted no because The Sims is too much of a cash cow for EA.

I love the Sims 4 but I feel there's a whole lot more to improve upon that could be done in a 5th installment to The Sims series rather than in this current iteration of the game, and if it's popular enough it'll make a bunch of money and EA is all about the profits it seems.

I also think if they were going to call it quits on the Sims franchise they would have done so a long time ago. I actually completely expected that Sims 2 was the final installment to the series at the time to be honest and was taken by surprise when Sims 3 came out.

So yeah I entirely expect there to be a 5th installment, maybe even more than that.
    They'll either stop when they can't improve on the game anymore, or when it becomes old news and nobody plays it anymore.

A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Yes
    Considering how much effort they've poured into The Sims Mobile, I think it is. I think they just realized Sims 4 was failing and decided to attempt to save it with a mobile game. I tried The Sims Mobile and deleted it after 3 days. It was just too restrictive.

Anyways, they're not even anywhere near ready for a Sims 5 and I don't think they'll ever be.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    They phoned it in on Sims 4 now it's probably literally going there
  • nasTdudenasTdude Posts: 95 Member
    Yes
    yep based on current rumours reddit it :P .. going mobile because it makes more money. which is a shame but expected of EA.
    Leave us with a half baked sims game and not give us a good game. There goes my hopes and dreams for a solid Sims game. TS4 was almost salvaged from the horrid engine that it had. now theres no hope for a new game with proper features. sigh*
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Yes
    Like others, before yesterday I would have insisted TS5 is coming, but no more.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited April 2018
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    No, and the reason can be seen on http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/

TS4 is still giving EA a huge amount of money and TS3 is still selling too which of course was EA’s main reason to make TS4 as it is.

But SPs and GPs seem to sell much better than the expensive EPs when they are sold as digital downloads. This is the change from earlier where EPs sold best on discs in the physical stores. Therefore TS5 likely only will get SPs and GPs which are cheaper to make and need less developers. Also EA has expanded Maxis to Finland where the Sims Mobile and TS4 for consoles mainly are made. So EA just need fewer devs in the main building for Maxis in Redwood.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Yes
    Yes. They'll focus on mobile games now I'm almost sure.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    I honestly fear the worst. It's rediculous since theres so much potential for this game, they should just give their simgurus more creative freedom , the gurus know what we want and what this game still needs... Just let them do their work....

Don't pul the plug out of a franchise that could still give them millions of dollars, there's still so much the community wishes to see and thus is willing to play money for, I really hope they see My first pet stuff as a thing to learn from and not proof that the end is near since I don't feel like they gave the gurus much time at all for that pack and I doubt they feel good about it themselves.

Anyways, I am gutted since I heard the news yesterday and I hate that we're being kept in the dark... Everyone is talking about it and so many people I know (quite a few of them content creators) are terrified what's gonna happen to their favourite game.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    No, and the reason can be seen on http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/

TS4 is still giving EA a huge amount of money and TS3 is still selling too which of course was EA’s main reason to make TS4 as it is.

But SPs and GPs seem to sell much better than the expensive EPs when they are sold as digital downloads. This is the change from earlier where EPs sold best on discs in the physical stores. Therefore TS5 likely only will get SPs and GPs which are cheaper to make and need less developers. Also EA has expanded Maxis to Finland where the Sims Mobile and TS4 for consoles mainly are made. So EA just need fewer devs in the main building for Maxis in Redwood.

@Erpe: You must not have seen the latest news on budget cuts and Gurus leaving or being shuffled around then.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/

https://simsvip.com/2018/04/19/maxis-update-multiple-sims-4-simgurus-fired-others-moved-to-mobile-teams/
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes
    The writing is on the wall I think.

Even the head of the console team is now working on something else. Not a good sign at all.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    aricarai wrote: »

@Erpe: You must not have seen the latest news on budget cuts and Gurus leaving or being shuffled around then.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/

https://simsvip.com/2018/04/19/maxis-update-multiple-sims-4-simgurus-fired-others-moved-to-mobile-teams/
    Yes. But you need to look deeper:
    1. The Sims 4 is selling very well according to http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/
    2. EA has expanded Maxis with studios in Finland where the main work on both the Sims Mobile and on TS4 for consoles is done. (The reason was more expertise in mobile games and their invention of a new technology which made it much cheaper and easier to transfer PC games to consoles.)
    3. EA has for a long time seemingly wanted less EPs and more SPs and GPs (small half-priced EPs) instead of the bigger EPs which sold better in the physical stores. The reason must be that cheaper packs sell better as digital downloads. So I think that EA plans to soon completely stop with EPs and only make SPs and GPs which means that EA will need fewer developers.
    4. The market for PC games is still growing even though the market for mobile games is growing even faster according to many sources. https://www.pcgamesn.com/pc-game-sales-numbers-market-share-2017 is just one of the sources.

So nothing points in the direction that EA should consider to stop the series. But a lot of things point in the direction that EA wants to make more and cheaper packs instead of the big EPs - and this is for me to see the far most likely reason for EA to reduce the budgets and the number of devs just a little.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No
    I don't think that it is the final game as such. Even if there is not a TS5 there might still be other Sims games anyway. I heave heard rumours that the game might be mobile only but I question that myself as to weather they would want to turn their back on PC games when there is no evidence what so ever that people prefer mobile games

In fact I don't think that this is the end at all, in fact it might be only the beginning...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No
    I'm leaning more towards no, but it is plain that they just don't want to put the effort into it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes
    I am more of a maybe but closer to the yes side.

EA shifted focus back around Mass effect 3ish maybe earlier about how they wanted everything to be online. They attempted to put Sims 4 online as we all know and there was a forum uprising so they changed it back to a PC game. I knew this Sims mobile was another attempt at getting simmers used to the idea which is why I didn't even look at it. Some sim gurus were laid off and some sent to Sims mobile so I think everyone needs to prepare themselves for no Sims 5.

I am personally getting tired of EA and their shenanigans. They have ruined a lot of game franchises for me.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Yes
    I'm hoping the next one is a full on official reboot, personally. Just 'Sims' or 'The Sims' or 'Sims 2020' or whatever. Just so long as it's clearly marketed as a full on reboot. Cut the ties and keep the basics. A refresh would do this franchise good.

Wasn't the sims 4 a reboot.

I doubt this game is going anywhere may this franchise rest in peace
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Yes
    Before some changes were announced I would have said no, but I'm thinking the focus will shift to the mobile game.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    I said yes, but really, I think it could go either way right now. If this is the end, they sure picked a horrible note to go out on :/
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Yes. But you need to look deeper:
    1. The Sims 4 is selling very well according to http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/
    2. EA has expanded Maxis with studios in Finland where the main work on both the Sims Mobile and on TS4 for consoles is done. (The reason was more expertise in mobile games and their invention of a new technology which made it much cheaper and easier to transfer PC games to consoles.)
    3. EA has for a long time seemingly wanted less EPs and more SPs and GPs (small half-priced EPs) instead of the bigger EPs which sold better in the physical stores. The reason must be that cheaper packs sell better as digital downloads. So I think that EA plans to soon completely stop with EPs and only make SPs and GPs which means that EA will need fewer developers.
    4. The market for PC games is still growing even though the market for mobile games is growing even faster according to many sources. https://www.pcgamesn.com/pc-game-sales-numbers-market-share-2017 is just one of the sources.

So nothing points in the direction that EA should consider to stop the series. But a lot of things point in the direction that EA wants to make more and cheaper packs instead of the big EPs - and this is for me to see the far most likely reason for EA to reduce the budgets and the number of devs just a little.

Your sources are dated after the ones I provided and I was under the impression that the OP was talking about The Sims on PC.

If C&D sold so well, why the budget cuts and the redistribution of gurus, especially ones that have been around since the beginning? To me that makes absolutely no sense.

They may be leaning toward a direction of no EPs but then doesn't that point to The Sims as we know it being over?

Of course this is all speculation and we've still got EA Play to go, but it all seems a little suspect to me.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yes
    I really hope not, but it seems so, and it's really sad and depressing. I will never play sims on mobile. Just never.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • thedoctor5026thedoctor5026 Posts: 21 Member
    No
    Hmmm, its be going on a while! Why stop now? I think gaming is at an all time high on all platforms and Sims on a whole seems to be a popular franchise around the world. When you see how quickly people transition from one game to the next, I would suspect, as long as there is a market for it..... and people to buy the goods.... they will keep going. Let's hope!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top