Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I also have multiple challenges and decide who I want to go visit that day if I’m not building
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @selerano, Paolo is a very sweet husband and father. So he is a good catch! That's a cool idea to try to get all collections during the challenge.

@JojoMOMSTER, I like to keep it a surprise too! That way it is more fun.

I was curious about the amount of twins and triplets I have had so far. Here is what I had so far:
    - 13 generations
    - Triplets: 3 sets of triplets
    - Twins: 6 sets of twins

You can look at their pictures here if you want to see them.

I was curious about the amount of twins and triplets I have had so far.

@illusie your twin pics are epic! I laughed out load at some of the expressions you were able to capture.

My house four did not quite go as planned: first child the heir, my Sim and his wife, Second child bore by the alien roommate from the science lab, third child alien abduction (while roommate was pregnant) and he got pregnant, fourth and fifth children alien abduction and he got pregnant with twins. The first is Caucasian, the second is blue and the last three are purple, they are five happy brothers. They all loved the art table when they were children, kind of a cool foreshadowing.
    I kind a wish we had alien every day furniture then I could do their bedrooms differently.
    @jojomonster, thanks! I'm pretty sure I'll have more.

Wow, that's a lot of alien babies. The aliens must love you.
    I agree that it is hard to make a good alien room. I wish we had more alien furniture too
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER @illusie Haha, I keep the next house a surprise for me until I've completed all house goals for the present one. But I think I am further along than both of you so I have to be careful not to spoil anything! It's lots of fun not knowing what is coming. If I don't finish the goals quickly I can't prepare my current heir for the next house, besides making guesses and figuring something like gardening is good!

Jojo, that is A LOT of aliens! I don't really like aliens so I've only had them in...two-three houses? I find that it's hard for me to make them look good with a lot of the clothes for some reason. Maybe because the skin colors are so weird. It's not so bad when they are full aliens and can have disguises though.

More alien furniture would be really cool. There really isn't much spacey stuff at all.
    @theamazinglee, in which house challenge are you currently?
    I agree, not knowing what is next makes it more fun. I only work on the skills of my heir if I can control him/her. Otherwise I don't give the heir skills higher than level 3.

I only had an alien baby in 1 house and thought she was adorable. That was my first alien baby. But that was a full alien. I never played with an hybrid alien sim.
    @illusie I'm currently on house 20. The end is in site! Not that that'll be the end of the Driftwoods, I enjoy the family too much.
    I think I've gotten a couple of heir to level 5 in a skill by having them fish or garden with their parent, but most of the time if I can't control them they only get enough to achieve an A, assuming they actually do school work haha! Though that is easier with the parenthood pack.
    Most of the aliens I've played with are hybrid aliens. I think I've only been able to control one full blooded alien in the entire challenge!
    edited April 2018
    @theamazinglee, That's impressive. I'm sure you will make it to the end! I'm pretty sure I'll finish house 13 tonight. Then I should work on trying to design a small house for the next house challenge. I tend to build big and expensive homes, for which I really have to push my sims to earn enough money to build it.

You can always do another challenges afterwards with your family. Like the build newcrest legacy challenge or the apartment switch challenge. That's what I might do. Or do you already have plans what to do with your sim family afterwards?
    @illusie I'm really surprised I've made it so far. I'd never even completed a legacy challenge before trying this one! Haha. I was finding myself getting a little tired of it, so I started a few other challenges just to hop between and keep my interest up.

I actually plan on doing both of those! I think I'm going to do the apartment switch challenge first, and then the Driftwoods are going to Newcrest haha!
    edited April 2018
    @theamazinglee, You are like me then. I never got past generation 3 as a toddler until the drifter challenge. I´m not good at playing with different games-challenges at the same time. When I get a little tired of this, I build houses. But now I´m trying a male CAS challenge. Which is a lot of fun too.

I plan to do both two. We talked about it in this thread a while ago, so I think there are several of us who have that plan.
    @illusie I must have missed that thread! The challenges all seem to go well with each other though, don’t they?

I used to hate building but that’s another thing this challenge has gotten me to like more. I like to think my skills have improved too!
    @theamazinglee, yes they do.
    I always liked building in the sims. I used to build more than actually play with a sim or family. The drifter challenge helped me find a balance between playing and building. I think my building skills are improving too with this challenge.
    @illusie I must have missed that thread! The challenges all seem to go well with each other though, don’t they?
    I used to hate building but that’s another thing this challenge has gotten me to like more. I like to think my skills have improved too!

@TheAmazingLee I am more a builder than a player, The idea of an entire map that I built myself over several generations without any houses by anybody else is for me probably the coolest part of the drifters

@TheAmazingLee I am more a builder than a player, The idea of an entire map that I built myself over several generations without any houses by anybody else is for me probably the coolest part of the drifters

That is what appeals to me too
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    Thank you @mojot89. I've had a read through all 24 challenges now and this sounds really interesting. Definitely think I will give it a go.
    . I like each drift to be a surprise so I don’t allow myself to read the next house because I like the surprise of which lot, how may SiMs the objectives. I find it way more more fun not to peek!

Me too @JojoMOMSTER I never read ahead as I too am a sucker for surprises! I dont even like to watch movie previews and I never watch play throughs for expansions or packs before or after they are released. Whats the fun in knowing everything about pack before you even buy it?? I like to discover that stuff for my own. It makes this game fun for longer because there is still so much for me to discover!
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
    Ok, so done with House 2!! Got it by the skin of my teeth! In fact, my heir died while at the campground finishing the last of her aspiration lol. Luckily it was the same day as her daughter aged up to Young Adult! Just read the info for House 3 and its funny because I actually did a lot of that stuff in the last house ! My sims got to fishing and gardening 10 and their spouse got eaten a ton by the Cow Plant so I had all of the essence. Should be easy now that I have done it all once!

I have broken one rule....Well, not sure if its a rule since its not mentioned specifically, but I did bring my dog with me from house 2. It was her dog and it aged up the day before she moved. It doesnt change her money and it has nothing to do with the challenges for this house so I dont see it being an issue. Not to mention the only person Im competing against is myself, so I let myself cheat a bit!!! Pics soon.
    @Selarono I think your generation two girl is gorgeous.

Thank you!!! She just passed, but her daughter turned out even lovelier than she was !!! Going to get pics of her and her dog up soon here.
    Selarono wrote: »
    Ok, so done with House 2!! Got it by the skin of my teeth! In fact, my heir died while at the campground finishing the last of her aspiration lol. Luckily it was the same day as her daughter aged up to Young Adult! Just read the info for House 3 and its funny because I actually did a lot of that stuff in the last house ! My sims got to fishing and gardening 10 and their spouse got eaten a ton by the Cow Plant so I had all of the essence. Should be easy now that I have done it all once!

I have broken one rule....Well, not sure if its a rule since its not mentioned specifically, but I did bring my dog with me from house 2. It was her dog and it aged up the day before she moved. It doesnt change her money and it has nothing to do with the challenges for this house so I dont see it being an issue. Not to mention the only person Im competing against is myself, so I let myself cheat a bit!!! Pics soon.

Whoo! It's always fun when you accidentally do all or part of the next challenge haha! Sounds like that was a really close call though!

I did that too on one of my houses. I brought a cat along. I wasn't sure if it was allowed, so what I did was make her pay $200 so that it was kind of like if she brought an item from a previous house. It costs 200 to adopt a pet so I figured that could be the "license" fee, haha!
  • damalas75damalas75 Posts: 38 Member
    The Drifter Challenge House003 Rules is down.
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    House 3 was accidentally deleted by no one knows who. You can find the Rules for House 3 http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2015-07-01T20:42:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=15&by-date=false - that is Vihisha blog page. Folks have been posting House 3 stuff on this thread.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,499 Member
    So how are we Drifters going to handle seasons when starting a house?

My plan is to not buy seasons until I finish the challenge and its taken me a year and a half to get to house 6. If I don't have it I don't have to worry about anyone freezing to death before we get a roof over their head. At least I probably will buy it half price at that time.
    I'm looking forward to season! It will add so much more fun! I'll take the risk of freezing. Maybe a tent is warm enough for them? I'll wait until it is at half price too.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,499 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to season! It will add so much more fun! I'll take the risk of freezing. Maybe a tent is warm enough for them? I'll wait until it is at half price too.

I agree the pack does look like it would be fun but last night I was playing Sims 3 and one of the sims on their own reminded me of something, Igloos! Who knows that might be a good substitute for walls and a roof. I guess we will have to find out when they give out more information.

I forgot about the igloos. I hope they add them! Would be great.
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Hello I am back on a new laptop from hiatus. Soon to start house 3, does someone remember the requirements? It says the page isn't found when I click on it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top