Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

large families over-whelming?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I can't say that I per say prefer big families, what I like is the genetics. I like seeing how each child will look and I can't stop myself. Even when I get one I like I think maybe I can get another one I like better...My first gen. In my current save had 14 children. Now, some of them were accidents and I eventually cut them off...
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love playing with households of all sizes and types in my games though I switch families most of the time in my games and story progression is the NRaas Mod version which I configured and tuned to work like the Sims 2 story progression.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Large households usually keep my interest for longer time.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    I can't say that I per say prefer big families, what I like is the genetics. I like seeing how each child will look and I can't stop myself. Even when I get one I like I think maybe I can get another one I like better...My first gen. In my current save had 14 children. Now, some of them were accidents and I eventually cut them off...

did your sim get her tubes tied? LOL

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I actually have a LOT of fun just exploring the game with one Sim. Running around causing trouble, living off the land, going to distant places... I only let them have pets and kids because they start whining asking. Or mostly because I end up playing generation challenges and they have to have them.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I actually have a LOT of fun just exploring the game with one Sim. Running around causing trouble, living off the land, going to distant places... I only let them have pets and kids because they start whining asking. Or mostly because I end up playing generation challenges and they have to have them.

hey Rflong! I just want to say I have downloaded and recommended soooooo many of your creations!! You are definitely one of my favorites. Keep doing what you are doing; you rock!
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I play all sizes of households (within the limits of non-modded household size). While small families let me focus on specific things such as skill gaining, large families are so much more dynamic and interesting IMO. There's always something going on, and always something for me to do. It might be telling people to use the toilet or do their homework, or making sure someone tends to the garden, or even making sure someone cooks supper. But it's never boring.

Small households don't need as much micromanagement on the other hand, and let you explore their world a lot more.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I think they are overwhelming. I try to have my sims not have more than 2 kids.
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    For me, it was kind of unintentional. With one family they just kept having twins, often without me actually wanting them to have more children. Yes, I had some mods that enabled certain risks and specific actions to be done autonomously. But I'd be busy checking stuff and making sure the children and toddlers were good for the moment, come back to focus on the parents, and they're impersonating rabbits again. I started running out of names for the theme I was going with. Not to mention both parents are now Elders, but the youngest are still children.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @Scorpina2009 Yes, she did.
  • Options
    wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    I actually find really big families easy to play! My current family has 7 in the household (I don't use the nraas mod for my played household only for npc so I can make them have new kids that are closer to my kids age lmao) 5 kids and mom and dad, I had a dog as well but he passed away and I'm not ready for that again lol!

Normally it kind of depends on my storyline that I'm going for.

The heir to the legacy their oldest daughter I plan on only having one or two kids.
    The oldest son already has a son and he'll have two more kids.
    The second oldest son doesn't even want kids (but he's still gonna have one THEIR GENETICS ARE AMAZING)
    The second oldest daughter wants four
    And the youngest son wants five.

Having big families I absolutely love but it gets frustrating when I want to add in some grandbabies or spouses because there is no room for them, like I wanted to move in the oldest sons girlfriend and their son but I couldn't because I only have enough room for one sim ):
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RainingFaithRainingFaith Posts: 5 New Member
    I usually have households with one or two sims and a few pets. But, I actually prefer bigger households with a lot of kids because I find it more challenging to have a lot of kids so I can work on their different lifetime wishes at once and have them start their lives eventually.
  • Options
    bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    I certainly prefer household with no more than four sims. Sometimes I will have larger families but usually only if the parents have good skills and are higher up in their jobs so I can leave them to it mostly. I get a bit overwhelmed with big families and then I stop playing because I cant handle it lol
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    One of my sims had a baby, then twins, so now I'm playing a household of 5 sims.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Do you prefer to have less than four sims to a household or do you like to have the biggest family possible?

I find myself preferring to handle smaller numbers. When I have more than six in a household, it gets to be too much sometimes. I have their free will set on high so I don't have to tell them when to pee. LOL If I am feeling more patient (which is rare) I'll play a bigger household or allow my sims to have as many kids as the game will allow in one house. Isn't that number 8?

My animal loving sims want to adopt pets ALL THE TIME. There isn't room for kids! LOL

I do like big families but I play on high free will with NRAAS pushing to lot and going about their own lives anyway. I have a weird way of playing I like to control only one specific sim and I treat all other family members as 'NPCs' I just don't control them at all I use master controller to make their portrait unclickable.

Then when 'my' sim reaches 'elder' I make her an NPC and 'take over' the youngest in the family either that's in their teens or YA. So while I often have a big family they're never a nuisance to me or overwhelming because i literally don't do anything with them they just go about being their own sims making their own stories.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I used to play with small families, but when your computer can handle it, it can get fun to play big families, because there are more surprises (you can't control everything or you lose your mind :P). However, it often gets messy, so I tend to alternate with smaller families (might get hard to get back to the big families afterwards though, lol, because they are quite relaxing).

But lately, I tended to get jinxed with family sims wanting five children. LOL. *Yes, I'm looking at you, George Dean* It's quite a challenge, but it's fun. :P
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Most of the time I only have a max of 2 sims and don't play the generational aspect, but I've been inspired to try it. Have only my first family that actually has 2 kids - a teenage boy and a girl child. All have high relationships with each other. My first "family" had just one kid, but the kid had an Imaginary Friend.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Big families are chaotic but fun. I love playing them. Sometimes I cheat, sometimes I don't but I love having the full house with several different stories playing out and I also play multiple households in a save. I started using mods a while after they stopped making stuff for The Sims 3 because I wanted bigger households than allowed. After marriage, kids, and pets I find 12 beings per household to be my typical number though I think I've gotten as high as 15.

My sims tend to have at least 4 kids then the rest of the household slots get taken up by pets. One of my households has 2 parents, 4 kids, 4 horses, and 2 dogs and they may get 2 to 3 more pets, probably a couple more horses and another dog. Another household has 2 parents, 6 kids, 3 dogs, and a horse.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I have a household of eight sims right in my Goth house and I am finding it stressful. I should really spilt the two families up in the house, but I am too attached to them :s I have 2 toddlers, 1 child and a baby in the house along with their mother and father.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    Stardust123Stardust123 Posts: 127 Member
    4 sims is enough for me, I find myself becoming lost in everything that's going on and I'm trying to write a legacy with them ant it makes it hard to keep track of everything that happens
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I prefer to play 3-5 sims per household. Since I play on low free will less than 3 doesn't keep me busy, more than 5 is too much to keep tracking of. I have to keep pausing every 2 minutes to tell everybody what to do. :D