Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    I've STOPPED playing the Sims 4. I've actually gone back to playing the Sims 3!!!
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited April 2018
    I hoped that all those things removed from TS3: open world, create a world, create a style, story progression, memories, service lots (city hall, graveyard, grocery, school, etc.), several services (social services, pizza delivery, etc.), world customization, etc., and the simplification of the game would make it gain in depth in each and every action and aspect. I hoped the game would be a Sims 2 with better graphics and adapted to this time with new aspects.

The result is that the game is way too much simplified and, although we have some improvements like good graphics, no rabbitholes (restaurants and some other venues are now opened), multitasking, etc., it DOES NOT compensate the huge loss of those important aspects. This game is terribly worse than Sims 2.

For me this game is just enjoyable while I'm exploring the new content, but after that it is quite boring. The depth I expected to gain in the game having lost all those things is quite poor. Everything seems like rushed. I feel that they tried to make something new, but the concept got lost in the process.

I had great expectations for the pets expansion but it was a disappointment: no dog house, little to do with your pets, just cats and dogs, no control of the pet... pets are boring. If I cannot control a pet, I would expect to at least to have a customed one with such an unique personality with a diferenciate behaviour. Too many things away from this pack and we just got the vet clinic and career. It's not enough.

City Living was a major disappointment: you can't create apartments outside the lots especifically for them, you cannot distribute space in a building, you can't remove certain objects in them, very few lots in the neighbourhood for customization, no celebrity system (I hoped a new and balanced celebrity system, not the disaster of TS3), no different venues for dancing and enjoying a night out with different meals and activities. Again, too many restrictions to gain almost anything.

Vampires are great, they are much better than in TS3, but the world... just 5 lots????? That world had a huge potential but once again EA just threw away the posibilities by reducing, cutting and restricting everything. Good idea, good start, but final product was like... we got half of what could have been.

The Jungle Adventures seemed fine, beautiful views... but it's just... boring again. The equivalent in TS3 was World Adventures and we got 3, not 1, but 3 worlds. I know many people didn't like that expansion, but it was one of my favourites. When I first got to Egypt and saw all those pyramids my heart just bumped and I said: this is incredible, they did such a good job. There were so many things to do in the worlds: collecting a lot of new methals, seeds, fish, transfiguration making skulls and different shaped gems, getting new fruits to produce different kinds of nectar... All these things have been simplified dramatically in this pack. Again, not enough gain for the huge loss.

The Movie Stuff pack... I hoped there would be new venue type, with a new counter where you could buy popcorn (not just one to do it yourself) and drinks, etc. More actions to do than just having sims blocking the view of the screen and a hippy themed stuff that does not fit the pack at all. Again, another let down.

The Bowling pack... no scores, no tournaments, prizes for winning, no more things to do... another rushed pack.

I feel that EA has good intentions, they listened to players and tried to satisfy them. Every pack has something we asked for in TS3, but it seems incomplete and lack of the depth we expected for such huge amount of things that have been reduced in this game. The result is that the game is very boring.

Please gurus, EA, maxis or whoever: LISTEN TO US, we gave up too many things for depth, but there is no depth in this game, just cosmetic things.
  • Simmiegirl30Simmiegirl30 Posts: 9 New Member
    EA, first let me thank the wonderful team at EA for brining us decades of enjoyment.

However, from just one dedicated player’s opinion, the game can be really be taken to another level with just two expansion packs:

1. Team competitive Sports/activities (football, cheerleading, swim, basketball, dance, Etc.) for all children and up where there are viewers to watch the sport. At least add Tag for children back in and some pool activities. Here’s my reasoning:
    The addition of clubs was great but the activities are not unique. Every activity that can be done in a club can be done alone. It doesn’t have the same enjoyment that say a basketball competition would. Addition of basketball was okay but again, it fell short. No scoring, not even animation that mimics an actual game. It’s limited to Sims throwing the basket in the hoop. Also, I’m sorry to say bowling was a complete fail. Game takes to long and worse they just stand there arkwardly waiting for the other Sim to roll the ball.

2. Different Vacations venues. You have us camping and jungle adventure which I really enjoy but it gets boring. I’ve been waiting for tropical islands where Sims can swim in the ocean again, snorkel, or make sand castles in the sand. Some type of winter like sport would be great too.

Both expansion pack ideas will go a long way in making the everyday Sim life less mundane and adding more activities for simmers to enjoy as they mold their Sims life.

Think about it
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    I have some what of a suggestion for Sims on pc! When I record my gameplay I'm able to hide the UI, would it be possible at some point to add the option to hide the building tools UI? If not at this point in The Sims 4, pc, would it be possible to consider it for the next Sim series?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    After all this time I have just found out that by looking at the pre-made rooms you don't actually have to buy the whole room, you can select objects in them and paste them into your game.

Saved looking through the filters for Laundry items for me! I never remember where the washing line is but it is easy finding it this way.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I just wanted to say I'm really happy that the Insane trait name has been changed to Erratic. Given the stigma that people with mental disorders (like myself) face, this small step means a lot to me. Thank you!
  • FlockleaderFlockleader Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you for changing Insane to Erratic. It means a lot.
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2018
    Why do I still have the bad feeling about that Maxis and EA (mostly) will cancel The Sims 4 in the near future? I mean Devs will be fired for focusing the resources on The Sims Mobile? Come on... this is ridicculous...
    This Mobile mess should be canceled....
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • Cinder123Cinder123 Posts: 4 New Member
    You would think with how smooth the base game is compared to the sims 3 that they would have some amazing content to make up for what we are missing, but instead EA keeps putting out these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game packs that don't even change the game play one bit. Bowling night should have been roller skating, so that way instead of walking everywhere your sim could skate around town once they have high enough skating skill. Just little things like this are completely missing. Animation change, skill change, career change, form change, and story change is all missing. The game is completely and utterly boring as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and I have more fun modding the game than I do playing it, which is sad because I love making sims and playing with them. I just find myself unable to because I just stare at the screen wishing there was something to do. I have all these vampires that I'm bored with because there's no wear wolves for them to conflict with. I look at the game packs that I have NO interest in buying, like laundry for example. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is that? I don't even want to do my laundry in real life, so why the hell did EA make an entire game pack about doing laundry? Are they trying to have Ts4 discontinued?! At this point I'm about to give up because I'm tired of waiting for it to be fun. The modders are offering more content for free than EA is selling pinch by pinch. It's just trash and I'm mad. I've been playing this for about 2 years with no change except vampires. This game might as well be re named to the "vampire does their laundry and picks up pet 🐸🐸🐸🐸" game
  • Cinder123Cinder123 Posts: 4 New Member
    EA WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? Give me seasons, cars, university, genies, wear wolves, fairies, witches, dragon eggs. HURRY UP AND BRING ON THE FUN AND SCREW YOUR LAUNDRY AND YOUR PET POOP STOP BEING BORING ALREADY!
  • RenSimmerRenSimmer Posts: 16 Member
    Honestly I like the Sims 4, but we need more core gameplay features, I feel like we are lacking in interactions and activities and also in CAS, there are a lot of clothes that are just recolors of base game versions and we are lacking in hair options. I would like to see some more beautiful hats for the female Sims and dresses for teenage girls, something that look really stunning, also please can we have some cool school uniforms for kids and teens?

Another thing is those smartphones; I think they need to be more beautiful and detailed.

We definitively need something like the Sims 3 Generations expansion pack to enhance the activities to Sims of all ages. I know that we got the Parenthood game pack, but that wasn't enough yet.
  • StormtaliStormtali Posts: 1 New Member
    I Think we should get a Werewolf Pack since there is a Vampire pack in sims 4 and the fact there is a Werewolf Tv show in the game it be cool to have werewolf abilities and new stuff alongside it for dlc
  • bbeatifulboybbeatifulboy Posts: 83 Member
    What I liked:
    Better graphic performance.

What I didn't like:
    This thread has listed all what I want to say:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935703/sims-4-build-mode-is-abandoned-lack-of-really-important-and-essential-features/p1

Suggestions?
    Please put more weight on improving building functions. Apart from sims players, there are also many builders.

Overall thoughts?
    I still believe Sims 4 is still far behind Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    What is the point of having a dining table if the sims are just going to stand in front of the fridge to eat (and blocking access to the fridge for other sims)?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Raigan8021Raigan8021 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to suggest an EP similar to "University Life" from the Sims 3.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    EA, first let me thank the wonderful team at EA for brining us decades of enjoyment.

However, from just one dedicated player’s opinion, the game can be really be taken to another level with just two expansion packs:

1. Team competitive Sports/activities (football, cheerleading, swim, basketball, dance, Etc.) for all children and up where there are viewers to watch the sport. At least add Tag for children back in and some pool activities. Here’s my reasoning:
    The addition of clubs was great but the activities are not unique. Every activity that can be done in a club can be done alone. It doesn’t have the same enjoyment that say a basketball competition would. Addition of basketball was okay but again, it fell short. No scoring, not even animation that mimics an actual game. It’s limited to Sims throwing the basket in the hoop. Also, I’m sorry to say bowling was a complete fail. Game takes to long and worse they just stand there arkwardly waiting for the other Sim to roll the ball.

2. Different Vacations venues. You have us camping and jungle adventure which I really enjoy but it gets boring. I’ve been waiting for tropical islands where Sims can swim in the ocean again, snorkel, or make sand castles in the sand. Some type of winter like sport would be great too.

Both expansion pack ideas will go a long way in making the everyday Sim life less mundane and adding more activities for simmers to enjoy as they mold their Sims life.

Think about it

I think it will take more than 2 EP's.

We need more pets, more diverse worlds, I am tired of the "Perfect Stepford Wife" neighborhoods we have. I want to see some grungy worlds, objects and build mode items.

I think weather should be a basic feature too.

There is many things that need adding before the game will be classed as complete.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Totto72Totto72 Posts: 1 New Member
    How about a Game Night game pack. Where you can play different kinds of board games or RPGs, Strategy games(improves logic), cards etc. Maybe include stuff like Pictionary (improves painting skill) or Charades (improves charisma?)
  • LameBabeLameBabe Posts: 49 Member
    It would be helpful to have a tool in build mode that allows additional floors to be added to a house easily (to avoid messing up existing roofing)
  • Unknown_GamerUnknown_Gamer Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like a Harry potter type expansion like a witch/Warlock school and other supernatural stuff like Sims 4 except have for werewolves have packs and work your way to alpha
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I would like to see a "Sleep All" command on the dashboard. You click this one action and all sims in that household retire to their respective beds. Would make getting an 8-sim family to go to bed easy.
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2018
    hello :smile: is there any way to shut the phone off. Really would be a valuable tool for when Sims are sleeping or to shut off invites ?
    They always come when my Sims lay down to sleep :# thank you
    And can we have it yesterday ? :p:p
    sure this has probably been asked already and sorry if it has.
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2018
    We also need a vacation place for honeymoons B)
    My Sims are ready to get married, but don't know where to send them for a honeymoon.
    If they're going to take time off to get married, should go somewhere special to relax too
  • kitkatbitesizekitkatbitesize Posts: 1 New Member
    All I want is for family trees to be fixed!

I play through generations and its really disappointing when you've invested time in a family to find out that you can't go back and revisit previous generations and see how different families are connected.

Mods have stopped the individual sims getting culled but siblings still lose their connections once one has died, meaning all aunt/uncles/cousins etc are cut off from the family tree. The relationships still exist in the game so I don't see how it could be that hard to maintain the links in the family tree.

It pretty much kills all the joy I used to have with previous versions of the sims.
    Please invest some time in generational players! I don't need new expansion packs I just want some of the basics to function properly!
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Why do they constantly want to sit down? It's really annoying
  • RandomPerson1120RandomPerson1120 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don’t know if EA will get or read this but I have an idea for the sims 4

It’s similar to Vampires and my idea is sims mermaids

Basically in CAS you can have an option to make a mermaid/merman and they will look like a normal human and to turn them into mermaids they have to be in water (pool or any other source of water). And maybe you can make another world that is like or near the beach so you can go there to go swim in the ocean. That will be fine but if you can maybe make it so you can dive underwater and discover new things. Maybe they can get hygiene by being in the water and replace bladder with something else