Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 is Amazing

2...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2018
    I just love the cc in this game and make interiors I don't think I'll like the gameplay just because there is no open world and no open carreer.

To get around no open world, you can build anything on community lots and have mulitple type lots, they are never restricted to one category like in TS3 or TS4. Sims will use most of what you put on any community lot. People build all sorts of mulitple lots for all sorts of different things to buy or do while there.

If you like cc then mods added to TS2 can make it feel like open world. Two mods that make more walkbys and traffic go by your Sim's lot can give you the illusion it's open. I mean if sixteen or so Sims passing your lot and stopping, and ten or so cars every day doesn't make you think open world (and lot extender mods) then I don't know how else to solve that for you. Another mod that allows you to control any visiting Sim can make you feel like you are that other Sim (one of your own or whoever) you can control that other Sim while on your lot and play as the visiting Sim. (Like visiting neighbor), TS2 modders thought of just about everything. Other cheats can call any Sim to your home, so it's pretty much open if you want to find another Sim fast.

There are plenty of open careers with Uni and OFB installed, such as running beauty parlors, (no to do list however, yay!) Work as a bar tender (no time clock) barista, or DJ. If in college work as cafeterria worker. The fun thing about TS2 is no one told the player what to do next, it's all in your own mind when to send a Sim to do these jobs. No to do lists.

Owning a restuarant is open career, just like owning a store or beauty shop or massage parlor, or car dealership etc. You haven't explore the game much until you find out what is possible and almost anything is possible in TS2. Running a bar, (ticket machine) or art gallery, (ticket machine) or bakery or flower shop, toy shop, electronics (make servos and other equipment you have many surprises to find out) etc. Pass along your knowledge to other Sims, use some perks good or bad and find out why you should avoid using aspiration rewards in green aspiration. You also haven't discovered have you? what happens if your Sim is in a bad mood, or in failure state. >:) Then there is the magic, the plantSims, the Bigfoot, the witches, werewolves and vampires who turn into bats and can fly anywhere you can reach on the screen. Then there are the memoires, your Sims know who their daddy is, and why their mama hates him... they never forget. :D Cheaters never win. When your Sim thinks they got away with dating five Sims, they find out all five are there to confront them. lol

ETA: Hate the townie outfit, run a clothing store, talk them into a new outfit so they will change their clothes and you made money for asking.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I just love the cc in this game and make interiors I don't think I'll like the gameplay just because there is no open world and no open carreer.

To get around no open world, you can build anything on community lots and have mulitple type lots, they are never restricted to one category like in TS3 or TS4. Sims will use most of what you put on any community lot. People build all sorts of mulitple lots for all sorts of different things to buy or do while there.

If you like cc then mods added to TS2 can make it feel like open world. Two mods that make more walkbys and traffic go by your Sim's lot can give you the illusion it's open. I mean if sixteen or so Sims passing your lot and stopping, and ten or so cars every day doesn't make you think open world (and lot extender mods) then I don't know how else to solve that for you. Another mod that allows you to control any visiting Sim can make you feel like you are that other Sim (one of your own or whoever) you can control that other Sim while on your lot and play as the visiting Sim. (Like visiting neighbor), TS2 modders thought of just about everything. Other cheats can call any Sim to your home, so it's pretty much open if you want to find another Sim fast.

There are plenty of open careers with Uni and OFB installed, such as running beauty parlors, (no to do list however, yay!) Work as a bar tender (no time clock) barista, or DJ. If in college work as cafeterria worker. The fun thing about TS2 is no one told the player what to do next, it's all in your own mind when to send a Sim to do these jobs. No to do lists.

Owning a restuarant is open career, just like owning a store or beauty shop or massage parlor, or car dealership etc. You haven't explore the game much until you find out what is possible and almost anything is possible in TS2. Running a bar, (ticket machine) or art gallery, (ticket machine) or bakery or flower shop, toy shop, electronics (make servos and other equipment you have many surprises to find out) etc. Pass along your knowledge to other Sims, use some perks good or bad and find out why you should avoid using aspiration rewards in green aspiration. You also haven't discovered have you? what happens if your Sim is in a bad mood, or in failure state. >:) Then there is the magic, the plantSims, the Bigfoot, the witches, werewolves and vampires who turn into bats and can fly anywhere you can reach on the screen. Then there are the memoires, your Sims know who their daddy is, and why their mama hates him... they never forget. :D Cheaters never win. When your Sim thinks they got away with dating five Sims, they find out all five are there to confront them. lol

ETA: Hate the townie outfit, run a clothing store, talk them into a new outfit so they will change their clothes and you made money for asking.

This is all very true :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @JRBear Glad you are having fun with the game! So many things to discover. ;) Let me try to answer some of your questions.

1) The only way to stop children from aging is to turn off aging for everyone. Control +shift+ C opens the cheat box. Just type in aging off and hit enter. If you want to have them age again open the cheat box and type aging on.

To force age a sim, open cheat box and type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and then press enter. Shift-click on your sim and click 'set to birthday'. They will then age transition. Type boolprop testingcheatsenabled false in the cheat box to switch the cheat off.

2) Werewolves come out at night. Look for something you might have thought was a dog, only it has glowing yellow eyes. They tend to visit your home lot. When one visits, go out and great it. Make friends with it and it will nibble your sim turning them into a werewolf.

3) You can not visit other households without a mod. Only community lots.

If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask!

I didn't know that dog with the glowing eyes was a werewolf, I saw that earlier and did wonder what was going on!
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Another fantastic place for mods is
    http://cyjon.net/node/42

Another great mod here enables sims to still use charm, suggestion, etc even when they are married
    http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=15483.0
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Another site with cool Sims 2 clothes is Liana Sims. Great stuff :)

http://www.lianasims2.net
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member

Then there are the memoires, your Sims know who their daddy is, and why their mama hates him... they never forget. :D Cheaters never win. When your Sim thinks they got away with dating five Sims, they find out all five are there to confront them. lol

Oh, man, my sim just had a baby from the guy she cheated with. She's not in trouble yet, but we will see what happens!

I don't have a vampire sim yet, but they crack me up in the phone call screen. Their icons always look so melodramatic.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Oh, speaking of the guy she slept with... He looks all burned or weird ever since this green witch came. Is that a curse?
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2018

I am testing sims 2 just to see how I can adapt myself to the game because I am too used to play sims 3 with the open world I really cherrish. It's been years I had to abandon sims 2 due to the crashes and the instability I had for years. (My old computer maybe can't really plays it well, sims 3 was and is more stable than sims 2 I don't know why...but all my old computers really turns better sims3.)
    I don't like these types of carreers honestely I always hate OFB I really can't stand opening and caring about stores I even don't play that in sims 3 and in sims 4. I don't care of this EP.I get it for the stuffs and the additions that brings but even in sims 3/4 I don't like it. I rather want to have NPC that are manager of stores.
    I want badly police or other open carreers.

What we are agree is sims can be played as people feels. We can skip some gameplay options without being stuck on for our progression.

Yeah the feeling of open world is no. I don't myself push the work to make a city enjoyable as I did with sims 3 there are cc and time consuming for nothing.

I don't blame sims 2 at all I still like it. There are things that could make me mods or clone the animation for sims 3 if I could, there are too much good inspiration to add stuffs from as cleaning the pet dishes, eat snacks from fridges , make the newspapers more enjoyable as sims 2, turn vampires into bat.
    I don't like the turn on/offs I think it's horrible system. I love fears. I rather like traits.
    I just still wondering how can I self adapt with a such late, I know I am a newbie. I didn't claim I am a sims 2 expert.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Brindleton wrote: »

I love a couple of outfits from this site <3<3 . But it's too much obvious when you got too graphics they are photoskinned and it's pretty disgusting.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    JRBear wrote: »
    Oh, speaking of the guy she slept with... He looks all burned or weird ever since this green witch came. Is that a curse?

He probably got struck by lightning. Evil witches make storms and other stuff to hurt Sims and businesses.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited April 2018

I love a couple of outfits from this site <3<3 . But it's too much obvious when you got too graphics they are photoskinned and it's pretty disgusting.

What do you mean? I don't understand. I have a bunch of their outfits for 'themed' Sims. And the best thing if someone donates and buys a set the oldest set becomes available for everyone. Great stuff there!

ETA: Never mind, I now understand what you meant by photoskinning, yeah, I do a lot of photoskinning but I'm a perfectionsist, (OCD picky of my own stuff) and if it isn't perfect, size of buttons, poka dots etc, right lines for creases etc. I won't put it in my own game, but I still think they have some great stuff. I'm not really all that good at drawing on a pc, I'm better with a pad and pencil, I just didn't know pasting an outfit onto a mesh was called photo skinning. I've seen some amazing stuff, I might prefer photoskinning myself, since some drawn/painted collars etc. can look fuzzy etc. that stuff bothers me more.

Glad I got an education of a term today. Learn something every day here. lol
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    @jackjack_k A little tip for you if you are playing it on Windows 10 now.

1. Keep the sims visuals on very high.

2. Keep all other visuals to medium or low.

3. Keep your audio to medium or low.

These types I use and it has increased my performance a lot and I don't have issues with the game anymore.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • Eoinie27Eoinie27 Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree. The Sims 2 had amazing gameplay, even in the base game alone. Even from the minor animations (opening drawers etc.) to the new aspects at the time that was introduced. The graphics may not be outstanding, but it was a game ahead of its time. And the packs were actually worth the money. Shame how the quality has gone downhill over the years.... still we can still play sims 2! (If it isnt corrupted that is)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Another way to simulate a semi-open world is to plunk down an empty maximum sized lot and put several different shops, activities, parks, etc. on it. If the neighborhood in question has ocean front, do the same with a max sized beach lot. Adding the pirate ship alone will give your sims lots to do.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes, TS2 is the best. <3
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Sims 2, still the best <3

Well, to me anyway ;)

Same here. Only thing that's missing is Superstar as EP but Seasons is a nice replacement instead :smiley:
    Lift me up - Let me go
    edited August 2018
    Another way to simulate a semi-open world is to plunk down an empty maximum sized lot and put several different shops, activities, parks, etc. on it. If the neighborhood in question has ocean front, do the same with a max sized beach lot. Adding the pirate ship alone will give your sims lots to do.

I love the freedom of multi lots! I use them all the time! So happy TS2 never made us designate what type of lots to build like TS3 and TS4. It's one of the many reasons I still like TS2 better. Trick: if you also have a tiny restaurant on a lot don't add enough tables then Sims will do other stuff instead, too. Some will be eating (tables full) and some will do other things. If there are enough seats for everyone who shows up to eat, then there won't be many doing other stuff, but if you don't give them enough seats, then they are forced to do other things until they can eat. :D

What do you mean? I don't understand. I have a bunch of their outfits for 'themed' Sims. And the best thing if someone donates and buys a set the oldest set becomes available for everyone. Great stuff there!

ETA: Never mind, I now understand what you meant by photoskinning, yeah, I do a lot of photoskinning but I'm a perfectionsist, (OCD picky of my own stuff) and if it isn't perfect, size of buttons, poka dots etc, right lines for creases etc. I won't put it in my own game, but I still think they have some great stuff. I'm not really all that good at drawing on a pc, I'm better with a pad and pencil, I just didn't know pasting an outfit onto a mesh was called photo skinning. I've seen some amazing stuff, I might prefer photoskinning myself, since some drawn/painted collars etc. can look fuzzy etc. that stuff bothers me more.

Glad I got an education of a term today. Learn something every day here. lol

In my computer the current one ,such outfits that use true photos to recolour the mesh appears very bad because they are not real , compared to the Maxis-Match clothes who are appearing better because the textures are better.
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    modthesims.info is another site that has tons of mods and cc to download and heres a couple more http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org/index.php?board=172.0 and https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    I prefer not to mod my games, though it's nice that someone wants to do that, but I'd rather just have a regular gameplay, and some of the mods don't work that well, and can cause issues with the game itself over time. That's why EA says not to install third party mods to the game itself because they aren't even sure if they are safe for the game itself. Though I do wish they'd get rid of those annoying nude patches since the sims are not fully detailed to show off anything that is needed to block, it sometimes causes too much of an issues. I know they fixed the issue with the nude patches in The Sims 2 where they can't be seen through the walls, but The Sims 3 it's still there. Not going to have a mod to get rid of those.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    I forgot how much I love sims 2 but lately I've been seeing it everywhere and I think I'm going to hunt down my ex's and reinstall everything and play with the wonder of my young self again
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I love the freedom of multi lots! I use them all the time! So happy TS2 never made us designate what type of lots to build like TS3 and TS4. It's one of the many reasons I still like TS2 better. Trick: if you also have a tiny restaurant on a lot don't add enough tables then Sims will do other stuff instead, too. Some will be eating (tables full) and some will do other things. If there are enough seats for everyone who shows up to eat, then there won't be many doing other stuff, but if you don't give them enough seats, then they are forced to do other things until they can eat. :D

Thanks for the tip! Am working on a mult-purpose restaurant/bar/gym/sauna/whatever lot that will have a lot of action everywhere. The TS4 one I'm basing it on has seating for 28 in the restaurant, and I rather doubt that many sims will show up. The original is one lively place, but just in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 part.

• KarenjanecolKarenjanecol Posts: 50 Member
    I still prefer TS2 and I'm still playing it. It is by far the better game. I have a separate world for each challenge that I've been playing. I'm still playing after all these years! Love it! <3
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    It would take too long to list everything about sims 2 I love but I think for me its the sims them selves. They have such depth of character and are always surprising you, I think their personality comes through more than in the other games. EA really set the bar high when they made sims 2.
  • BlazejDXDBlazejDXD Posts: 1 New Member
    I think EA would make a very good move restoring Sims 2 available.