Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• Options
    AthenaApollosAthenaApollos Posts: 12 New Member
    I would like to test your Create-A-Career tool.
  • Options
    AndreoyceAndreoyce Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Neia,

I'm new to the Sims 4 Modding Community and I'd love to be a beta tester for your new Create A Career tool. I'll be sure to give you credit.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Wow this sounds like something I’d really like to try out! I’d love to make a Tomb Raider career, I was so disappointed that JA didn’t come with any sort of new career and I’m going through a bit of a Lara Croft phase atm... xD But if I could make a custom adventurer career for my Indian world replacement mod, that’d be awesome.

So I’d love to test, whenever you get to me!
  • Options
    corianneecoriannee Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, Neia! I'd love the opportunity to test out your tool! I've seen some amazing creations come from it, and I'm hoping to contribute!
  • Options
    SovereignRavenSovereignRaven Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm by no means an expert at modding but I really want to try and challenge myself to make a custom career, can never have too many, am I right? lol I'd like to test this tool since I've seen pretty interesting things!
  • Options
    jessyxdavidsonjessyxdavidson Posts: 896 Member
    I'd really love to test this out if you wouldn't care. I'm pretty green when it comes to modding and creating CC, but I've really been wanting to get more into it.
  • Options
    ReunevanReunevan Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really like to test your instrument!
  • Options
    JoshH113JoshH113 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi @Neia are you still accepting any new beta testers for create a career as i have a few ideas for some custom careers.
  • Options
    spartan9008spartan9008 Posts: 1 New Member
    If this tool is still active I'd like to try it out, that would make everything much easier
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Just a quick hint - When testing a career in game make sure your sim does not have the connected trait. Couldn't figure out why I wasn't starting at level 1 - Duh...
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    hackensackkhackensackk Posts: 1 New Member
    If tool is available i would still LOVE to try it ok thx
  • Options
    aritambourinearitambourine Posts: 3 New Member
    This is amazing. THANK YOU. The number of new careers available because of this is amazing!

I'm pretty sure you just opened registration today, so that's probably your answer, but I was wondering if there is a how-to/explanation guide of sorts. A couple basic things, like title vs. title (gender neutral), are eluding me at the moment. Thanks again!
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    This is really a fantastic tool. To learn all the basics, the best way to learn is just plug away at it, make a small career for starters and then see how everything fits together. To keep the instructions that get posted on export, it helps to highlight the text, copy and save to a text file and then you have the instructions forever. Thank you very much @Neia.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    mentalhygienementalhygiene Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello, thanks again to Neia for all of the hard work on this amazing and easy to use tool!

It might be something that I'm doing wrong, but is anyone else having the issue where when they go to edit the texts for their careers, they are unable to add descriptions for each level? Instead, all that I see is "Title" and "Title (gender neutral)" for each level.

I made a custom career a few weeks ago and it went flawlessly thanks to this super intuitive tool. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong today.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    > @mentalhygiene said:
    > It might be something that I'm doing wrong, but is anyone else having the issue where when they go to edit the texts for their careers, they are unable to add descriptions for each level? Instead, all that I see is "Title" and "Title (gender neutral)" for each level.

Nope, i also wondered where the input for this might be - even if i started out just today, i've just got a career ready except for this.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @mentalhygiene @Marduc_Plays
    Thanks for the report, it should be fixed now :)
  • Options
    > @Marduc_Plays said:
    >
    > > @mentalhygiene said:
    > > It might be something that I'm doing wrong, but is anyone else having the issue where when they go to edit the texts for their careers, they are unable to add descriptions for each level? Instead, all that I see is "Title" and "Title (gender neutral)" for each level.
    >
    > Nope, i also wondered where the input for this might be - even if i started out just today, i've just got a career ready except for this.
    >
    >

Thanks for the response. Glad to know it's not just me.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    > @Neia said:
    > @mentalhygiene @Marduc_Plays
    > Thanks for the report, it should be fixed now :)

Fancy, i've just updated the browser and voila.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    > @Neia said:
    > @mentalhygiene @Marduc_Plays
    > Thanks for the report, it should be fixed now :)

Thank you so much for all of the hard work! I love this tool.
  • Options
    aritambourinearitambourine Posts: 3 New Member
    > @mentalhygiene said:
    > Hello, thanks again to Neia for all of the hard work on this amazing and easy to use tool!
    >
    > It might be something that I'm doing wrong, but is anyone else having the issue where when they go to edit the texts for their careers, they are unable to add descriptions for each level? Instead, all that I see is "Title" and "Title (gender neutral)" for each level.
    >
    > I made a custom career a few weeks ago and it went flawlessly thanks to this super intuitive tool. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong today.

@mentalhygiene What is the difference between "title" and "title (gender neutral)"? It seems like you've gotten a hang of it quickly!
  • Options
    SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    > @Claireneylon said:
    > > @Simmiller said:
    > > > @Simmiller said:
    > > > Hi Neia! I'm having trouble. My career is not showing in game. Can you help?
    > > >
    > > > "www.4shared.com/s/faWKAdD4vei"
    > >
    > > Actually, never mind. I've figured out quite a bit today and my career is showing. Now I just need to figure out chance cards!
    >
    > youve got it in your game? could you please message me and help me follow the exporting options? im struggling with python so much

I PM'd you. It took two messages due to space constraints LOL!
  • Options
    ClaireneylonClaireneylon Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Simmiller said:
    > > @Claireneylon said:
    > > > @Simmiller said:
    > > > > @Simmiller said:
    > > > > Hi Neia! I'm having trouble. My career is not showing in game. Can you help?
    > > > >
    > > > > "www.4shared.com/s/faWKAdD4vei"
    > > >
    > > > Actually, never mind. I've figured out quite a bit today and my career is showing. Now I just need to figure out chance cards!
    > >
    > > youve got it in your game? could you please message me and help me follow the exporting options? im struggling with python so much
    >
    > I PM'd you. It took two messages due to space constraints LOL!
    >

i havent gotten your messages? Please resend :) appreciate the help
  • Options
    ClaireneylonClaireneylon Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Simmiller said:
    > > @Claireneylon said:
    > > > @Simmiller said:
    > > > > @Simmiller said:
    > > > > Hi Neia! I'm having trouble. My career is not showing in game. Can you help?
    > > > >
    > > > > "www.4shared.com/s/faWKAdD4vei"
    > > >
    > > > Actually, never mind. I've figured out quite a bit today and my career is showing. Now I just need to figure out chance cards!
    > >
    > > youve got it in your game? could you please message me and help me follow the exporting options? im struggling with python so much
    >
    > I PM'd you. It took two messages due to space constraints LOL!
    >

NEVERMIND
  • Options
    helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Dear Neia, you wonderful Simmer! Thank you 1000 times for letting me test out, and it is freaking fantastic!!!

I have worked on a Career for about 2 Days, but haven't added Pictures yet. On 24th of April, I will be in Hospital for about 14 - 16 days, and I do not know yet if I manage tro finish that Career until than. So if you do not hear from me - don't worry, I'll be back ... B)

Anyway, I have a question: How do I make it that first Track is Main Track with 6 Levels - which is all done, was so easy, I loved it!!! - and the others just Branches of it to continue with 4 Levels? I did all, but it looks like 5 careers of same value with different Levels ... Does it Show automatically with one Main Track and 4 following to chose? I hope I explained well enough ... :# I am not that good in explaining. But your Career Maker is simply fantastic as far as I can see. :)

Yours,

Helene
  • Options
    ShadeySimmerShadeySimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there, I am currently in the process of building a career but need some help in terms of what you mean when I am required to add a description and PTO off, could you explain this to me please ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top