Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #92: 50 Shades of Grey

FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Link to the Gallery
    LOT COST: 1,500 §
    LOT NAME: Newcrest, Oak Alcove
    BUILD COST: 116,772 §
    TOTAL COST: 118,272 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to presentation on Dropbox

ENTRY DETAILS:

50 Shades of Grey
    As the challenge states, this house is an all black, white and grey build (with the exception of green plants). I have been very meticulous about choosing items, where no other colors are shown. I think I managed pretty well! … except from the on/off light on the washing machine… and maybe one or two other items, (but then I didn’t notice).

Layout: On this lot, you’ll find three separate buildings, all connected by an enclosed yard. The main house includes entrance, open space kitchen/dining, and a living room, with stairs to the second floor, where you’ll find the master bedroom and ensuite bathroom. From the kitchen area, there’s access to the fenced off yard, which has a nice outdoor patio with seating and a small pool. Through the yard, you’ll find the guest house and another small building, which includes a laundry room and a set of stairs leading to the second floor office overlooking the pool.

Thoughts behind the build: Cheap lot, old suburban cottaggy type house – refurbished to fit the needs of urbanites. Old stone building maintained due to preservation rights. New siding added to the main building – and the guest house built to accommodate the Gray’s desire to entertain friends and family. There used to be a vast amount of farmland to this lot, but this has been sold off for city development purposes.

As the Gray couple are not fond of a big garden with a lot of upkeep, the build comes with an enclosed patio yard with lots of wall climbing low/no upkeep greenery. In the yard they can entertain guests, have barbeques, swim in the pool, or do yoga, while listening to soft music from the outdoor speakers. Or they can crank up the volume and have a loud dance party. I would have put in a bar, but I felt that the outdoor area would be too cramped, so I didn’t include it.

The outdoor area of this lot is enclosed by stone walls, with lots of greenery. No real flowers or pots that need tending. Just a lot of seating and candles for enjoying those long summer nights of entertaining.

Another feature of this build, is the separate guesthouse. Should the Gray’s have overnight guests, they can accommodate them with a secluded bedroom incl. own bathroom for the guests’ privacy. Furthermore, I have also added a laundry room, which can also be used as a changing room, when the residents or guests need to change into swimsuits, before diving in to the pool.

Also: Note the customised name and number signs by the front door ;-)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC

Front%20of%20house.png?dl=0
    Patio%20-%20yard.png?dl=0

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    PV13 wrote: »

FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LOT: Link to the Gallery
    LOT COST: 1,500 §
    LOT NAME: Newcrest, Oak Alcove
    BUILD COST: 116,772 §
    TOTAL COST: 118,272 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to presentation on Dropbox

ENTRY DETAILS:

50 Shades of Grey
    As the challenge states, this house is an all black, white and grey build (with the exception of green plants). I have been very meticulous about choosing items, where no other colors are shown. I think I managed pretty well! … except from the on/off light on the washing machine… and maybe one or two other items, (but then I didn’t notice).

Layout: On this lot, you’ll find three separate buildings, all connected by an enclosed yard. The main house includes entrance, open space kitchen/dining, and a living room, with stairs to the second floor, where you’ll find the master bedroom and ensuite bathroom. From the kitchen area, there’s access to the fenced off yard, which has a nice outdoor patio with seating and a small pool. Through the yard, you’ll find the guest house and another small building, which includes a laundry room and a set of stairs leading to the second floor office overlooking the pool.

Thoughts behind the build: Cheap lot, old suburban cottaggy type house – refurbished to fit the needs of urbanites. Old stone building maintained due to preservation rights. New siding added to the main building – and the guest house built to accommodate the Gray’s desire to entertain friends and family. There used to be a vast amount of farmland to this lot, but this has been sold off for city development purposes.

As the Gray couple are not fond of a big garden with a lot of upkeep, the build comes with an enclosed patio yard with lots of wall climbing low/no upkeep greenery. In the yard they can entertain guests, have barbeques, swim in the pool, or do yoga, while listening to soft music from the outdoor speakers. Or they can crank up the volume and have a loud dance party. I would have put in a bar, but I felt that the outdoor area would be too cramped, so I didn’t include it.

The outdoor area of this lot is enclosed by stone walls, with lots of greenery. No real flowers or pots that need tending. Just a lot of seating and candles for enjoying those long summer nights of entertaining.

Another feature of this build, is the separate guesthouse. Should the Gray’s have overnight guests, they can accommodate them with a secluded bedroom incl. own bathroom for the guests’ privacy. Furthermore, I have also added a laundry room, which can also be used as a changing room, when the residents or guests need to change into swimsuits, before diving in to the pool.

Also: Note the customised name and number signs by the front door ;-)

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC

UMgWW7s.png

6DGNHUc.png

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID: Ninnster
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    LOT: Ashton Avenue
    LOT COST: 1500,-
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: 120 162,-
    TOTAL COST: 121 662,-
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I am still learning to do modern homes. There are several things I am not happy with, but I have decided to see it as a learning experience and just enter it! I tried my best to minimize as much color as possible, but still trying to have the home look modern, yet feel homely and lived in. This was quite the challenge actually. I never realized how limiting no colors can be. All in all, a really fun challenge, and one I learned a lot from!

I tried to be clever with the artwork, making my own by taking photos of objects and patterns, and then setting it on the black and white filter.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

LgYsJz3.png
    Post edited by Ninnster on
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2018
    We love seeing all these entries! A little over 24 hours left to get your #BnS92 entry in. You can see how much time you have left using the Countdown Clock :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited April 2018
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Grey

FORUM ID: Lisabee2
    ORIGIN ID: Lisabee2
    LEVEL: Starting out

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C3B6C2B43E2411E888F1F880C0D922AF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=lisabee2&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: comfy cubby
    BUILD COST: 148,337
    TOTAL COST:149, 837
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/aPbHc

ENTRY DETAILS: Modern Home w/ 2 stories up and 2 stories down, Comfortable open feel … Small but big enough home for an active young adult couple who likes to entertain

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

[img][/img]cemNEhP.png

[img][/img]WnoXcG4.png

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    ROOM ENTRY FORM

LEVEL: Starting out

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AA4C4D963E2411E888D9F880C0D922AF?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=lisabee2&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: Modern Bedroom .. minimalist feel ... no frufru frills! Austere to some and a delight to others :)

SPACE FOR PICTURE

yUSo7nF.png

vgSsBSu.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    SIM ENTRY FORM

LEVEL:Established

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E27C20853E2411E8890CF880C0D922AF?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lisabee2&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS: Reginald and Hannah Gray are your typical (double income no kids) well to do family. Both are fans of BLACK AN WHITE (TBH even the SHADES of grey bother them). Don't tell them they are not colors! Recently Hannah died her lovely auburn locks to Black and White ... the flaming red was FAR to much for her to handle.

SPACE FOR PICTURE

p408ht6.png

FlffnV7.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited April 2018
    ROOM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Established
    GALLERY LINK: Black and White Dreams

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Rk5svdX

ENTRY DETAILS: Black and white bedroom with shades of gray. This modern bedroom offers a feeling of solitude and romance with a beautiful fireplace, loveseat and candles. A walk-in closet is also featured.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Move objects and some resizing used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURE

black_and_white_dreams_bed_view.png
    getting_ready_for_a_night_on_the_town.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member

@SoulGal7 your Black and White Dreams room is wonderful, I love your walk-in closet and the arrangement of objects.
    @Mannanna in your White n' Black meets Green room the blend of three colors and the fireplace corner give a very nice touch to the room.
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

FORUM ID: AIRI6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LOT: Ébano y Marfil
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: 57, 708
    TOTAL COST: 58,208
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5NIeNSetGo3nRrkA3
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern home with simple decor. I used some decorative wallpapers instead pictures or wallpaints. This is a makeover of a house that I made time ago, but I´ve built it in the new lot (smaller than in the first one) and I made a new layout that fits to the Grays need. In the backyard there is a good size pool and a barbacue with an eating area.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    18-04-2018_11-15-42.png

18-04-2018_11-22-15.png
    @Valuzza90 - thank you for your kind words. I had a really nice closet design but had to cut it because it was way over budget. I love your bedroom as well, and you did a closet, too! Cool! I nearly used those same pics above my bed, but they had to be cut due to the budget. lol
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2018
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Greys
    FORUM ID: Valuzza90
    ORIGIN ID: Valuzza90
    HOUSEHOLD: Foodie and Technology
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://postimg.cc/gallery/xie7m9u4/
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Reginald is a foodie computer whiz, for this reason he decided to creating an online food delivery service in her Tech Guru Career (Start-up Entrepreneur Branch/Start-up Genius).
    He is a creative genius and his skills are Programming 10, Video Gaming 6, Charisma 10, Homestyle Cooking 10, Gourmet Cooking 10.
    Hannah has a Writer Career (Journalist Branch/Editor-in-Chief) she is the chief food critic for the San Myshuno Examiner.
    She is a snob ambitious foodie young adult and her skills are Writing 10, Charisma 10, Homestyle Cooking 10, Gourmet Cooking 10.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nope
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    17-04-18_16-19-25.png
    17-04-18_17-19-42.png
    Bed Couple Poses by @simtographies
    Romance Poses by @SakuraLeon
    More Pictures:
    17-04-18_16-28-26.png
    17-04-18_16-33-46.png
    17-04-18_17-21-22.png
    17-04-18_18-25-57.png
    17-04-18_19-16-43.png
    17-04-18_19-16-51.png
    17-04-18_19-47-46.png
    17-04-18_19-58-46.png
    17-04-18_20-21-52.png
    17-04-18_20-23-20.png
    New Year 18 Poses by @beverlyallitsims
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I started my build, but won't have time to finish it. But these builds are all amazing!!! Good jobs everyone!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    ROOM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    GALLERY LINK: Black and White Dreams

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Rk5svdX

ENTRY DETAILS: Black and white bedroom with shades of gray. This modern bedroom offers a feeling of solitude and romance with a beautiful fireplace, loveseat and candles. A walk-in closet is also featured.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Move objects and some resizing used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURE

black_and_white_dreams_bed_view.png
    getting_ready_for_a_night_on_the_town.png

So pretty <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    To everyone who has made sims, a house or a room for the Build N Share #92 - Shades of Gray - I just wanted to let @BuildnShare know how terrifically popular this particular challenge is. And, it really was a challenge just building in black and white and gray. I pulled everything that were those colors in Buy Mode from the various categories, put them on the lawn and then worked from there. It was a struggle sometimes because I so wanted some color! lol But, greenery helped. Everyone's builds are amazing and the sims created are terrific. I just wanted to give a big shout-out to everyone before the challenge closes. Fabulous job everyone!
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established [Though this is kind of beginner, because I couldn't get MoveObjects to work properly to overlap objects. :| ]
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1F7E7DA5431E11E88539AB75CA79FE15
    LOT COST: $1500
    LOT NAME: Newcrest: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: $148,466
    TOTAL COST: $149,966
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.slideshare.net/artistbettyanne/bns92-50-shades-of-grey
    ENTRY DETAILS: This two-bed, two-bath home incorporates clean, modern design elements suitable for urbanites with soft touches of greenery reminiscent of suburbia. Originally nestled on a quiet 20x15 lot in Newcrest, this home would fit well anywhere a sophisticated couple or small family would like to set down roots. The Chef's Kitchen, Fast Internet, and Sunny Aspect are sure to make any culinary-minded Sims successful at their career endeavors. When it's time to kick back for a break, an elegant in-ground pool area and rooftop dining are sure to ease the mental and physical woes.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any feedback, thanks!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    BrS6lBx.jpg

• ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    FORUM ID: Zayven
    ORIGIN ID: Zayven
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B14B2A67438211E8864C9B0412E9C971
    LOT COST: $2500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby, Newcrest
    TOTAL COST: $143,310
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://postimg.cc/gallery/11ckrvvs6/
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I saw this challenge was shades of gray where modern meets rich aesthetic, I decided I had to give it a shot! I gave myself the extra challenge of not using CC despite how constraining for Sims 4 the prompt is, and am a little fascinated by the outcome. I only had 3 days to do this, so there's no going back and tweaking and playing. Still, I had fun with this and I hope I did a good job!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    04-18-18_8-25-23_PM.png
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Valuzza90 wrote: »
    @Mannanna in your White n' Black meets Green room the blend of three colors and the fireplace corner give a very nice touch to the room.
    Awe, thank you. I just love all these entries!

• PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    trying to upload my entry but my game has to update :(
    Challenge #BnS92 - 50 Shades of Grey is now officially closed!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2018
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

LLRYmlV.png

You look at what can only be described as the colorful group in front of you, not entirely sure they did not just walk off the stage of Hair and into your office. The faint smells of patchouli tickles your nose as the group sits, several of them on the floor despite having enough chairs for all.

There are three men and three women, each decked in the most outrageous hippy outfits: bright patterns, flowers in their hair, sandaled feet mixed into the eclectic wardrobes, the works.

"A place for all six of you?" you ask, making sure you have the notes right.

"Not like one place, but all connected, like the universe, man, like all of us," says the man who gave his name only as Essence.

Unfortunately that doesn't really clarify anything, but thankfully the girl identified as Lavender speaks up. "A commune, y'know? Like back in the day, when people all lived together but still had their own space, too."

"Oh, yes, I see! So you'll want six...?"

"Nah, man," Essence says, head rolling oddly from one side to the other. "Three pairs, right? Y'dig?"

"Of course, three," you say, and despite the truly bizarre interview happening you actually feel yourself thinking this might be an interesting project.

Sparrow, the youngest-looking of the women, speaks up. She has a soft voice and doesn't look quite fully at you. "But all one kitchen and bathrooms and gardens."

"And places for our skills, like," offers Storm, the only one of the men not to have facial hair. You silently wonder if that is deliberate or if he just can't grow any.

"...like?" you prompt.

"Raven needs room for making her art," Lavender says, indicating the third woman with hair the color of her name. "Essence plays guitar, Sparrow collects things - y'know, rocks, bugs, that kind of stuff."

"Space rocks, man," Essence interjects. “Like, far out.”

You think he might be trying a bit too hard at this 'hippy' thing.

Continuing on, Lavender adds, "I'm a writer, but my publisher won't take long-hand copies so I do need a computer. Storm does the gardening and Sky cooks. But there's already going to be a garden and kitchen, won’t there?" she adds as an afterthought.

"Maybe a place to swim, hm?" Sky asks.

"Man, don't be greedy," Essence says. "Pools are, like, the visible cancer of materialistic excess of the bourgeois."

Resisting a sigh, you go back over your notes quickly. "Right, so to make sure I have everything, you want an isolated lot where you can set up your commune with no cars, only walking or bikes. Three separate spaces, but communal living and cooking areas, a garden, space for all your hobbies and skills, and maybe a place to swim, provided it is not overly materialistic or excessive. Have I got that right?"

They all looked at one another for silent confirmation, then nodded together.

Oh good. "And, what kind of budget do you have available?"

3gHHX7s.png

vPz5U5r.png
    • Design and build a commune with 3 separate private buildings, a communal building with kitchen, communal bathing facilities, a garden, and room for their noted skill or hobby items.
    • Lot should be in as isolated a location as possible.
    • No roads or pavement, only walking or bike paths.
    • Build should incorporate generally eco-friendly elements.

BUDGET: §150,000 or less (lot cost + building cost).

SIM CHALLENGE: Create Essence, Lavender, Sparrow, Raven, Storm, and Sky based on their descriptions above. They are all eco-friendly, but the rest of their attributes are up to you. Tell us a bit about them and show their reaction to their new communal homes.

ROOM CHALLENGE: Create the communal living space, so living, kitchen and dining, you have a budget of $25,000

3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS93 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is 2nd May 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    TvmoeFJ.png
    Dm5g7dk.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    OMG my kind of challenge! But $150,000 for a commune with no CC...I will have to do some thinking on this. :o
    OMG my kind of challenge! But $150,000 for a commune with no CC...I will have to do some thinking on this. :o

Well hello there @SimsIslandheart, thanks for stopping by! Get that old thinking cap on, we're sure you'll think of something epic!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Well hello there @SimsIslandheart, thanks for stopping by! Get that old thinking cap on, we're sure you'll think of something epic! And no one said anything about no CC ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2018
    This community rocks!! The wonderful @SoulGal7's The Right Angle got a Maxis fav this week!! Congrats, sweetie!!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top