Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Freepack If you download Sims Mobile

Comments

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I don't have it and my Sims has updated???!!! My Sims Mobile is already connected sooo...... If I don't get the icon where can I find the picture?? Someone please help me :/
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Here is a better look at the picture in The Sims 4
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm disappointed it's not available anymore - they already pulled it unless you updated your game right away.

This would be a neat option for my sims. I've gone through the trouble of:
    1. Going into Sims 4 Studio to get a family portrait thumbnail, and then having to create a recolor of a painting to have a family portrait.
    2. Or, as @catloverplayer said, temporarily adding a photographer to the family to take the picture. And good luck getting the sims posed decently.
    3. Or, have the photographer own a store, take the picture, put it on the wall and place for sale, then have a family member purchase.
    All of these options are time consuming when I just want a freakin' family portrait. Hope they bring back the portrait as an option, ideally not requiring installation of the Sims Mobile.
  • Options
    SimsVip said the resize cheat works on the picture so you can make it smaller.
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I'm disappointed it's not available anymore - they already pulled it unless you updated your game right away.

This would be a neat option for my sims. I've gone through the trouble of:
    1. Going into Sims 4 Studio to get a family portrait thumbnail, and then having to create a recolor of a painting to have a family portrait.
    2. Or, as @catloverplayer said, temporarily adding a photographer to the family to take the picture. And good luck getting the sims posed decently.
    3. Or, have the photographer own a store, take the picture, put it on the wall and place for sale, then have a family member purchase.
    All of these options are time consuming when I just want a freakin' family portrait. Hope they bring back the portrait as an option, ideally not requiring installation of the Sims Mobile.

I wonder why they took it down.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

It's probably not meant to be available/public just yet, I'm sure it'll return soon.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member

That frame looks like it was made for Jungle Adventure.. and it isn't versatile at all.
    I can't imagine Goth's or Landgraab's having that "thing" on their wall.. it just wouldn't look right.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2018
    The portrait is way too big :( Why do they always add unrealistically sized objects with TS4? Didn't they learn from the utterly oversized cupcake machine that doesn't fit into most homes?

I know you can resize it but I don't like to use cheats
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    The portrait is way too big :( Why do they always add unrealistically sized objects with TS4? Didn't they learn from the utterly oversized cupcake machine that doesn't fit into most homes?

It may be because it adds new family members as their added example babies,pets etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

It may be because it adds new family members as their added example babies,pets etc.

Yeah but you can downsize it with the cheat, so why didn't they just make it a little bit smaller :(
    I was expecting it to have a similar size to the one in The Sims Mobile.
    Well let's see how it looks above a fireplace once I get it. Maybe in combination with a fireplace it doesn't appear that big and out of place
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I have no interest in Sims Mobile, or in family portraits for that matter, lol. Maybe they'll eventually add it in for free at some point.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    RyanNockRyanNock Posts: 8 New Member
    > @TheGoodOldGamer said:
    > I have no interest in Sims Mobile, or in family portraits for that matter, lol. Maybe they'll eventually add it in for free at some point.

Well it's free already
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's wrong to make people buy into one format they might not want to play in order to get something for the format that they do play. If the "special" announcement has anything to do with this cross pollination crap, I'll not be happy.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It's wrong to make people buy into one format they might not want to play in order to get something for the format that they do play. If the "special" announcement has anything to do with this cross pollination plum, I'll not be happy.

Let's hope it doesn't. I want to hear about the next expansion pack.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I think it's a fashion designer job because I remember a place in Sims mobile kept saying coming soon it was about fashion or is it out already anybody know?

You have to download Sims Mobile to get it in your Sims 4 Game.

No I know what I'm saying is in the game when I was playing it had a section saying fashion design is coming soon it looked like a photoshoot if I remember I was wondering if they were tying this and Sims 4 together so that's why I asked if anyone knew if the job was out on Sims Mobile since I don't play anymore.

@Briana2425 In the patch notes for The Sims Mobile earlier today it said they have a new Fashion Show event starting April 19, and by participating in that event you can unlock a new photography career. I'm not sure how it will work, but apparently it all starts this Thursday.

Here are the patch notes for TSM: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/938685/the-sims-mobile-update-april-17th-2018-patch-notes

Also, they already have something called Izzy's Fashion Shop where he will design new outfits for you. I'm not very far advanced yet, but I think that I've read once I get further along I might be able to "influence" those designs in some way. Maybe someone who knows more about it can give you more detailed info.

Thanks that helped my question.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Looks pretty lame to me. You could just take a picture of your sims with the photography skill and frame it. What's so special about this? No special poses or settings. It just looks like a gimmick to get more people to play TSM.

That’s a huge bummer they made it seem like we were getting a free pack. I’m not interested in sims mobile.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member

I agree way too big and it sounds like it changes as your sims family grows. I like to have pictures of them at all ages and stages.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I'm just curious if others like myself have problems with the Icon Showing Up, It doesn't for me. I hope it doesn't mean that because I downloaded the Sims Mobile a Few Days after Release, that I can't get this content.
  • Options
    I'm just curious if others like myself have problems with the Icon Showing Up, It doesn't for me. I hope it doesn't mean that because I downloaded the Sims Mobile a Few Days after Release, that I can't get this content.

They removed it.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited April 2018
    That frame is so stupid shouldn't be it. Should've went with a generic wood frame you get on portraits. Or at least give options for different frames. Also I will NEVER give my phone number to EA! Clearly they're going all out on shady business worse than Konami. They could even offer Seasons for FREE and I would still NOT give my phone number. Leave my personal information alone EA!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Just learned the frame has a way to lock it so it doesn't update if you want your picture to stay the same. SimsVip put up a video on it.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited April 2018
    It is a pretty cool idea, I wish it was out for everyone.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Just learned the frame has a way to lock it so it doesn't update if you want your picture to stay the same. SimsVip put up a video on it.

I hope we can place multiple versions of this portrait on one lot and aren't limited to one.
    Then we could have multiple generation portraits when we lock the picture from time to time. :)

Still it's way too oversized, they should've used the same size as the one in Sims Mobile.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Blade334Blade334 Posts: 48 Member
    I am hoping for some portrait stuff it would be nice to have some generational pictures in the house
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It's not free - if it has strings attached.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....