Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"graduate with perfect GPA" badge...who's got it?

I want to know who has the badge and who has tried for it.

I have tried a million times, my sim was on the dean's list when she took finals, passed with flying colors and didn't miss a minute of class...and has two degrees. But still no perfect GPA.

So my question is...what am I doing wrong? Those of you that have the perfect GPA badge...what exactly do you think earned it?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've gotten it, and done the Perfect Student LTW several times. (Since I use NRaas Master Controller, I can give my Sims a second LTW after fulfilling the first one.)

Some tips:

1. Until you get used to the college routine, don't take too heavy a class load.

2. Wait till you've built up some skills, then take the aptitude test -- that gives you up to 18 credits which reduces the amount you need to graduate.

3. Pick a major that's related to your Sim's traits and skills -- you can work on skill-building activities and they add to your Sim's academic performance. For example, reading about gardening or watching the fishing channel on the TV (if you have at least one skill point in each) will raise your academic level if you're in Science and Medicine, or playing chess or making potions on the Chemistry Station will help with Technology, or jogging or swimming will help with Physical Education.

4. If you get opportunities for extra credit, take them; my Science/Medicine Sim got a couple of opportunities to work on the Science Project and those really helped out at the end of the term.

5. Make sure your Sim eats regularly and gets enough sleep; you might have to bypass some of the more social activities on campus or put them off till the weekend. Since there's only one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, those are good days to work on skills, or do some of the Social Group jobs available on the job board so you can get up to level 8 and get an extra trait.

6. Before you take your final exams, make sure your Fun level is as high as possible -- when I had a Sim who was a Fine Arts major, I gave him a guitar for his inventory and made sure he had a couple of skill points, then I sent him to the building with his final exam a couple of hours early and just had him play guitar till time to go inside, and it really helped a lot; the guitar raised both his academic performance and his fun level.

7. When in doubt, try the "Beg Professor for a Good Grade" tone; if you've been doing decent the rest of the term it might help, and not as taxing on the Fun level as Try Hard tone.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited November 2013
    My sim graduated with a perfect GPA (I have the memory to prove it) and I didn't get it.
  • CranberryAppleCranberryApple Posts: 186 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh dear. I think I had a perfect GPA and didn't get it either. I wasn't aware there was a badge at all! Actually, now I am going to check to see if I earned it, but probaby not! :shock:
  • Rmhm9Rmhm9 Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2013
    Same here get the memory for perfect GPA but no badge.
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    edited November 2013
    My sim graduated with a perfect GPA (I have the memory to prove it) and I didn't get it.

Same here. I've been assuming it's one of the ones that's on the glitch list but I haven't bothered to check and see.
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just checked the badges for University Life & didn't find any such badge...
  • hurdahlhurdahl Posts: 1 New Member
    There's a Life time wish (perfect student I think - the requirement is the perfect GPA).. And that's how you get the badge :)
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi @hurdahl, this thread was last active over 5 years ago in 2013 so it is super old. As a result I will be closing it off, as necroposting is against our forum rules and just something to be mindful of ^^ I'll pop the forum rule on necroing below but if you have questions surrounding necroposting please review this thread HERE and feel free to post in there.
    Don’ts
    Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.

If there are new users reading this and find the workaround or suggestions aren't working, a super thoughtful forum member has started these two threads to help new members who may have issues with their game so that the much older threads don't need to be bumped back up. Please click on the Sims 3 or Sims 4 to be directed to the relevant thread for your gaming issues :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top