Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you guys spend in CAS?

How long do you guys spend creating your sims? It's really crazy to think that some people can spend 15 mins on a sim haha, I usually take 1 1/2 to 3 hours creating sims. I like to tweak everything to perfection. I might show you guys some pics later.

-Unitii
tell me how good it feels to be needed

Comments

• UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    hiiiiiii I decided to show a picture.
    [img][/img]Qondujt.png
    edited March 2018
    [img][/img]HRw0Je7.png
    This is a rebellious teen. I just got parenthood so I decided to make her for one of the families. I think she turned out pretty good.
    I don't use that much CC. I hope you guys like it!
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Sometimes hours, other times days, occasionally I might get one done in a few hours, @Unitii She is lovely.

Sometimes hours, other times days, occasionally I might get one done in a few hours, @Unitii She is lovely.

Thank you! When someone tells me they spend 20 mins son a sim I’m like how???
  • missmerizemissmerize Posts: 42 Member
    I spend scads of time creating a Sim. at least an hour. the biggest reason I spend so long is bc I like to create multiple outfits for absolutely everyone.... I mean, for me it takes away some realism to see the same Sims wandering around in the same outfit day after day after day. gotta change it up a bit! #multipleoutfits FOR LIFE.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited March 2018
    Me too, @missmerize I give them 5 different everydays and 1 of each of the other types. So if you are writing a story, you don't have to try and remember to change outfits all the time, they do it automatically after showering. :)

• KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member
    It depends on whether I have all the CC picked out or not... if I do, it's more a case of me just clicking through the options and getting them done. But even that actually takes me at least 30 minutes, as I like to have outfits for everything. Usually making a Sim will take me an hour or more. I spend a lot of time tweaking facial features and body parts aha!
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Just fixing the NPC's the game throws out, I spend any were from a couple of hours, to 3 or 4 hours,there is no time limit,but I could not imagine any one creating a Sim in 15 minutes, I have tried, but the shortest time I have ever made a Sim was one & a half hours & that was for the challenge were you click the dice, I still had to dress them!
    ~ A Sim whom looks like a real life person can take days even weeks,or Celebrities even months,or one particular one......years!(Created in 2014,still working on it!)
    ~ I make all my Sims CC free,unless I am using them in my game, or they are models I use!(only a few use CC at all!Mostly the are all Game content! As I tend to get feed up with having to replace all that CC after a new game is installed(I play it Vanilla to get the feel & use the new items!) or a major update/patch!)
    ~ Most of my households us Game content only,as I have over 136 households I play,in one of 6 saves(7 if you count my unplayed Murkland) each save has a different number of household saves & most have families or households from the beginning of Sims 4,a lot made in the Demo too!
    ~ I play on rotation,to keep playing,other wise I think I would have become too bored & left playing this game a long time ago!
    ~ Sure there is Emotions,but no actual story progression, I already had a few saves die out & had to start over (as in the only played houses or lots left were those of my own Sims,the townies & NPC's were all gone,& only ghosts that never showed up,to do anything,(the Game could not produce any more NPC's as those slots were full of ghosts) my Neighbourhoods were ghost towns,with mostly empty houses!(So I just moved my played households to new games & deleted the ghost towns/saves!)
    ~ I play most days as I am retired,so I have loads of free time to fill, & most times I have no internet, I can still play my Sims as I have them all on my PC,depends what mood I am in! (Pun intended!)
    ~ Sorry for my ramble! ♥ o:)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

I only have around 80 pieces of custom content :neutral: I need some more...
  • Handman50Handman50 Posts: 156 Member
    I've spent between half an hour to a few weeks on Sims in this game. All the earlier games, I spent maybe 10-15 minutes creating an entire household.
    ~ Wow impressive, I always take so long making Sim,Sims 4 have been the quickest so far,as Sims 2,were never right, so took the longest,I spent so much time making Sims over the years,if I was paid I would be very rich by now,all that time! For a game!LOL!
    ~ I found the newer the Sims got the easier to make,but I still spend a lot of time making each Sim!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    i spend days in CAS. haha. i like to start one, then look at it the next day with fresh eyes and change the things i thought looked the day before.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

Your sim is cute, OP! :)

Same as most people said here, I spend hours on a sim, at the minimum, but sometimes - like the sim I have open in CAS right now - I'll work on for days. I like giving them multiple outfits, too. And I loves me some CC - I'll get an idea for something I want to put on a sim, or a specific hairstyle, and I'll get out of the game to go find cc for it, then go back in. I would save a lot of time if there was a way to refresh my cc from within the game!
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • missmerizemissmerize Posts: 42 Member
    I think it makes it more challenging when you don't utilise CC. I used to use CC a while back which was awesome and I loved taking screenshots of all my mega smokin' Sims. but I also really enjoy sharing my creations, and it takes some of the fun out of it when you share your CC creations to gallery and cross your fingers that people have the same CC or will take the time to download what you use in order to get the full experience. it's just a whole thing. so with limited clothing options, you really gotta get creative! and I think I'm better for it.
  • jennabennawennajennabennawenna Posts: 23 Member
    Roughly an hour for each sim hahah
  • jennabennawennajennabennawenna Posts: 23 Member
    Longest for one sim was like 4 hours, I was very proud of the result lol
  • MoonBaby0803MoonBaby0803 Posts: 34 Member
    Sometimes I'll spend hours and hours and not even realize that the sun's almost up! But that's usually with large families and or building or adding on to their house.
    ~ Just fixing the NPC's the game throws out, I spend any were from a couple of hours, to 3 or 4 hours,there is no time limit,but I could not imagine any one creating a Sim in 15 minutes, I have tried, but the shortest time I have ever made a Sim was one & a half hours & that was for the challenge were you click the dice, I still had to dress them!
    ~ A Sim whom looks like a real life person can take days even weeks,or Celebrities even months,or one particular one......years!(Created in 2014,still working on it!)
    ~ I make all my Sims CC free,unless I am using them in my game, or they are models I use!(only a few use CC at all!Mostly the are all Game content! As I tend to get feed up with having to replace all that CC after a new game is installed(I play it Vanilla to get the feel & use the new items!) or a major update/patch!)
    ~ Most of my households us Game content only,as I have over 136 households I play,in one of 6 saves(7 if you count my unplayed Murkland) each save has a different number of household saves & most have families or households from the beginning of Sims 4,a lot made in the Demo too!
    ~ I play on rotation,to keep playing,other wise I think I would have become too bored & left playing this game a long time ago!
    ~ Sure there is Emotions,but no actual story progression, I already had a few saves die out & had to start over (as in the only played houses or lots left were those of my own Sims,the townies & NPC's were all gone,& only ghosts that never showed up,to do anything,(the Game could not produce any more NPC's as those slots were full of ghosts) my Neighbourhoods were ghost towns,with mostly empty houses!(So I just moved my played households to new games & deleted the ghost towns/saves!)
    ~ I play most days as I am retired,so I have loads of free time to fill, & most times I have no internet, I can still play my Sims as I have them all on my PC,depends what mood I am in! (Pun intended!)
    ~ Sorry for my ramble! ♥ o:)

Can you show a pic of that celebrity? Looks interesting.
    ~ It is of Ian Somerhalder whom plays Damon Salvatore In The Vampire Diaries,he was originally made with the Sims 4 Demo,(it is the only one for download,the original Demo one!) I like a challenge & his face is that,also he is made CC Free like most of my Sims (the only ones with CC are my Models I use!) I take him out from time to time & tweak his face some more, when I am satisfied I will put the newer version up! @Unitii
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

Awesome! I do think CC would make him look more real, but it sounds interesting!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Way. Too. Much.
  • ArcaneDesiresArcaneDesires Posts: 147 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hours... Days... A couple of times it's been weeks or longer. I tend to go back and edit some sims multiple times and for long periods of time here and there until I get them right. But usually an hour or two each one.

In short however, I concur with the above comment. Way.Too. Much.

Also @Unitii your girl is gorgeous! I love her freckles, they are adorable and her face is just beautiful. :)
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    It depends, if I'm making just one sim (which let's be real, I usually make at least 3+) it can take about 30-40 minutes. BUT if I'm making one for challenge purposes it takes at least an hour. Double or triple that if I'm making a household.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."