Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gym freezing help

Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
I’m having a problem with the oasis springs gym lot. The sims show up and all start working out, then they all just get stuck in that one animation loop. I can’t get my sim to respond to any action, and the only way to get them back is to switch to a household member on another lot and choose “bring sim here”. Resetting the Sim sometimes works for a second if you’re quick to travel home, otherwise they just immediately get stuck in a workout animation loop again. It’s only at the oasis springs gym lot, and has occurred in two different saves (one old & one brand new). I did add a sauna, rock wall and yoga class set up to the lot if that matters. I only use MCC and UI cheats and those are both updated.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    Try going into build mode on the gym lot. Save the gym to your library, then bulldoze the lot. Place the saved gym from your library onto the lot. Then test to see if the issues still occur.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Thank you
    I have done that with the new save I tested it with. I noticed now that it happens as soon as the yoga class starts, do the classes not work on gym lots? I’m away from the game at the moment, but I’m going to try removing the yoga mats later and see if that’s where the glitch occurs or not.
    Ah, thank you. I had tried searching the issue myself and didn’t see that thread.
    Bummer though :|
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This problem still happens quite often in all my saves...a shame really. :disappointed:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    This problem still happens quite often in all my saves...a shame really. :disappointed:

It really is, I liked the yoga classes. For now I have just decided to make a yoga club and remove the instructor mat (hopefully that works, will test later).
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »

It really is, I liked the yoga classes. For now I have just decided to make a yoga club and remove the instructor mat (hopefully that works, will test later).

Resetting the yoga instructor everytime they try to start a class always fixes the freezing in gyms for me. Though I noticed in spas it doesn't freeze as often if yoga classes are there. Probably has to do with conflicts with too many animations working on the lot and/or too many Sims trying to reach the yoga class.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Resetting the yoga instructor everytime they try to start a class always fixes the freezing in gyms for me. Though I noticed in spas it doesn't freeze as often if yoga classes are there. Probably has to do with conflicts with too many animations working on the lot and/or too many Sims trying to reach the yoga class.

Thanks, I’ll try that if it happens again. So far the yoga club I made serves its purpose, and the lot works fine after removing the instructor mat.
  • SimGuruIcarusSimGuruIcarus Posts: 20 SimGuru (retired)
    I’m having a problem with the oasis springs gym lot. The sims show up and all start working out, then they all just get stuck in that one animation loop. I can’t get my sim to respond to any action, and the only way to get them back is to switch to a household member on another lot and choose “bring sim here”. Resetting the Sim sometimes works for a second if you’re quick to travel home, otherwise they just immediately get stuck in a workout animation loop again. It’s only at the oasis springs gym lot, and has occurred in two different saves (one old & one brand new). I did add a sauna, rock wall and yoga class set up to the lot if that matters. I only use MCC and UI cheats and those are both updated.

Hi Kita5399,

We are trying to reproduce your issue. Do you mind answering a couple questions?

Does this affect all sims on the lot or only the user-directed sim? Does canceling the action in the queue resolve the issue?

Thank you very much!

Hi Kita5399,

We are trying to reproduce your issue. Do you mind answering a couple questions?

Does this affect all sims on the lot or only the user-directed sim? Does canceling the action in the queue resolve the issue?

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the response
    It affects all Sims on the lot, and cancelling the action does nothing. I was able to resolve the issue by removing the yoga instructor from the lot. I had used the MOO cheat to place a mirror behind the instructor, so it may have been something I did. I haven’t tested it on any other lot yet to see if it happens elsewhere.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Having a New Age speaker on the lot? Because these causing yoga classes to freeze.
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Having a New Age speaker on the lot? Because these causing yoga classes to freeze.

There are only 2 pop speakers on the lot.. thanks for the info though :)