Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can dogs use elevators?

I'm playing a household with a nice malamute and moved them into a small apartment. The move went well, and the dog had no problem accessing the apartment. However, after they went out to the dog park the next day, I could not get the dog back up the elevator, no how no way. The human sims could go up, but I noticed they were often outside the building off doing something else, too, rather than going home as directed. I almost never play apartments with or without elevators and don't remember if I ever tried to have a dog in one in the past. Not sure if it's this building or if dogs and elevators just don't work out well in general? Anyone know?

I found my household a small house they could afford, so things are OK for the moment, but where I ultimately wanted them to live does have an elevator, so am wondering if there's a point to trying it or if I should just give up on the idea.
Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
My Sims 3 Studio
My forum builds thread

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    Puppies have to be carried, but I've never had any trouble getting adult dogs up and down elevators even when they are by themselves. Not sure how they reach the correct buttons, but they manage.

"Go home Sparky, we'll catch up with you later."
    "Woof!" :p

Just a Go Home command might not do it though, "Home" on a highrise building could be some spot outside or in the lobby. Go Here to a spot in the apartment might be required, or direct the dog to do something else upstairs. Or maybe the lot needed to be reset or some pet jigs (invisible objects) showed up blocking the elevator and needed to be flushed out using MasterController or the Edit Town bulldoze, replace with a copy method.

Edit: Malamutes are awesome, by the way! :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Thanks @igazor ! Thinking I did try to get him to do something specific in the apartment but not sure now. Since they've already moved out, I'll go ahead and try the new place (as soon as they can afford it) and see if it works. If not, I'll try out some of the things you suggested.

Yes, malamutes *are* awesome, especially the pixelated kind you don't really have to brush unless you feel like it.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm pretty sure you can. I remember a few years ago I had an apartment with a dog, and I kept finding my dog on the sidewalk. It got to the point where I had to lock the door.
    Thanks @Anthonydyer . I've been used to locking pets out of things rather than in. :D I think if I ever use that particular apartment again, I'll stick to cats, maybe goldfish.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Predicting the next forum post from @suzses - "Can goldfish use elevators?" :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    LOL @igazor . Maybe YOUR Goldfish.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread