Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shouldn't vampires be immune to the drugs and traps?

I think Jungle Adventures would have been better if your vampire sims could just go and waltz right thru the traps and fires and such and not be bothered by them. My sims had a hell of a time (even when they loaded down with everything they could buy from the vendors leaving nothing for anyone else). Or maybe there should be an amulet you can find that would give you immunity to all the traps? I had another sim who won a blessing of a small "sun" which floated around and gave him perpetual daylight for doing something nice for a strange creature. Now if that had been a vampire that "blessing" would have been an awful "curse" cause it went everywhere with the sim and I imagine even inside a coffin they'd be plagued with the sunlight.

Comments

• PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    That would definitely be an interesting turn to take it
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I agree with you but fire should effect them I think because sensitive to light and fire that they can get literaly burnt from the sun. I was wondering the other things like the sun "bless" though, it is surely a bad thing for them. Maybe they will change these in an update.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I would think maybe the ancient temple people were before vampires existed and may not be immune to the ancient powers... possibly anyway. Vamps do have their weaknesses - like light especially sunlight - certain curses and reactions to certain chemicals according to various lore - So perhaps things before their time could also affect them. They are only immortal to a degree - as things can harm them and even kill them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think it's silly when vampires panic over plasma bats. I'm like "Really?"
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    I think it's silly when vampires panic over plasma bats. I'm like "Really?"

Vampire's panicking over plasma bats is really silly, heck vampires being able to be targeted by plasma bats is really silly in the first place. Like you'd think they'd be immune, or be able to summon plasma bats to attack/pester a normal sim or even have them as a minor pet...
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited March 2018
    Maybe they hate the fake bat guy - lol.... you know like some humans hate vampires in their games and kill them. Could be the same thing. Also other bat species do not get along with the blood drinking varieties either in real life so it could be bat-hate.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Vampires aren't immune to garlic so why should they be immune other things?
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

There's a skillpoint to make your vamp immune to them and even to the sun effects.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
    edited March 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Under the Vampire Guide even the lowest vampire can buy garlic immunity with their Vampire Powers points -

from the power points guide:

1 Garlic Immunity - Minor Vampire - Gain immunity to the negative effects of Garlic objects.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    No. Vampires should not be immune to the drugs or traps. I play with aging off, but even so, vampires are the easiest and only ones to die in my games. Usually it's because of lack of sun immunity, but they die easily anyway, whereas most other Sims don't. So no, I don't think they should be immune to the drugs or traps. What fun would it be if they could just breeze through all of it? If normal Sims can die from it, why shouldn't vampires? Enjoy the chances; that's what it's all about!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I know werewolves would be immune to most drugs.

Vampires... are Daemons, undead, Eternal Youth and seemingly immortal... but does that mean 100% invincible? Even Daemons can be destroyed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Vampires... are Daemons, undead, Eternal Youth and seemingly immortal... but does that mean 100% invincible? Even Daemons can be destroyed.

You're right, it would also make it boring if they were invincible to everything. But a bit of logic would go a long way. Why would a vampire be afraid of bats ? Any vamp with a bit of xp can vanish and teleport by transforming into some bats from point A to B lol
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    sidney216 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

You're right, it would also make it boring if they were invincible to everything. But a bit of logic would go a long way. Why would a vampire be afraid of bats ? Any vamp with a bit of xp can vanish and teleport by transforming into some bats from point A to B lol

Batman fears bats but has a whole theme around them. He respects their intimidation factor. Maybe vampires do too? ;) Keep in mind that a large majority of vampires, save for specific elders like Vlad, didn't become vampires voluntarily, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I'd hate for my vampires to be completely invincible but it would be neat if some of the things in the jungle would be more easier for them. Oh and about the bats. They are BATS!! Of course they are terrifying.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    I'd hate for my vampires to be completely invincible but it would be neat if some of the things in the jungle would be more easier for them. Oh and about the bats. They are BATS!! Of course they are terrifying.

Well the only thing easier for vampires is probably moving around the jungle area. It's a spacious area and once you've gone through all the vine-covered gates but needed to head back for something in the jungle, those gates will still be opened so long as you're still on the same vacation and a quick vampiric run or bat/mist teleport and you're good.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Would it make sense for my vamp to just poof through all the traps? Yes.
    But would it take out the fun? Also yes. Sometimes the logical thing isnt' always the best decision when it comes to entertainment.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    As if Vampires weren't OPed enough.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    Why? Many vampires have more weakness other than sun, water and lack of sustenance. I don't think they should be immune. This is after all a game let it be silly. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Vampires are dead so yeah they should be immune to things that require you to metabolize them to work like poison. OP? it's a single player game lol this isn't an mmo where balance is important. I don't agree with fire because there is a lore that makes vampires afraid of fire. It makes sense. As far as traps it depends on the trap. Saying it'd make them invincible is just plain silly they have more weaknesses than our own human sims. You can choose how they already react to certain things like the sun, garlic, and thirst.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    The sun makes it rather hard to play as vampires in the jungle; you can't really send them out until 9 PM, or else they'll burn. You gotta bring them home (or into a tent? do tents work? i had no tent with me) before the sun comes up, or else they'll burn. It's a challenge, really.

In return, they still have super speed and/or the bat/mist form, which makes it easy for them to move anywhere immediately. But that's really the only perk they have. They should definitely have some modified interactions, and dialogue; a vampire's heart shouldn't be "racing" because they're already dead.

And no, they would definitely not be immune to fire. The sun is a giant fireball, you know. And even if they have sun immunity, direct fire would still hurt them, just as it does with regular humans. They may be immortal and powerful, but they're also somewhat fragile in that way.

But they should be immune to, like.. things that require them to, say, breathe in order for it to hurt them. Such as poison, probably. They don't breathe and they don't feel the cold. But would they be immune to electricity? I'm not sure about that one.
    I'm also pretty sure you already can't drown vampires in the pool; they simply do not spend any vampire energy on swimming, so they'll be able to stay there as long as they wish, right? At least if it's an indoor pool. They're immune to pools.

And the vampire bat attack is just kinda funny. "Why are you attacking me, don't you realize I'm one of you???"
    I'd really love it if the vampire, if they have the bat form, would ALSO turn into a bat just to scare them off. No items required.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @Magdaleena Tents do now protect vampires from the sun as of the JA patch! :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    @paradiseplanet Oh hey, that's awesome!

I also finally figured out that I can buy a tent from the marketplace vendor sim, so that's also great. No need to visit Granite Falls for it, as I previously thought.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    No. Vampires should not be immune to the drugs or traps. I play with aging off, but even so, vampires are the easiest and only ones to die in my games. Usually it's because of lack of sun immunity, but they die easily anyway, whereas most other Sims don't. So no, I don't think they should be immune to the drugs or traps. What fun would it be if they could just breeze through all of it? If normal Sims can die from it, why shouldn't vampires? Enjoy the chances; that's what it's all about!

Well they are called undead for a good reason, so no they shouldn't die as it wouldn't really work with the popular belief.
    NNpYlHF.jpg