Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @BuildnShare

Just a quick question. I like combining flowers and vases to create new types of decoration. In this case the base of the white flower (hidden inside the large vase) is a peach color. Would this be considered breaching the rules? Or would it be okay because it's hidden?

Just working out what my limitations are :joy:

zKtauWP.png?1
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • hanbamhanbam Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2018
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    FORUM ID: hanbam
    ORIGIN ID: HanbamSims
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Blackstone Tower
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: $124,955
    TOTAL COST: $126,455
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This home is modern and relatively snug. The living room and kitchen are combined to create a spacious room from which Hannah and Reginald can look out over their pool and patio. Since the Grays live in a very sunny location, the dining table is placed outside so they can enjoy meals with friends on warm evenings. The pool curves around the living room, giving plenty of space for swimming. The lounge chairs are placed next to the pool so Hannah and Reginald can spend relaxing days chilling with a book by the pool and taking a dip to cool off. On the second floor are the two bedrooms. The first is the guest room, with views out over the neighbourhood. The guest bathroom is small, but has all the essentials to make Hannah and Reginald's visitors feel welcome and comfortable. The master bedroom is more spacious, and includes a sofa for the Grays to relax on in the evenings. It also has a small balcony with a view out over the garden, where there is an easel for them to be creative. Their bathroom is. again, snug, but has a shower, dresser, sink and toilet. The third floor has the office, with a desk area as well as some musical instruments. It opens up onto a rooftop area where the Grays can exercise, practise their logic, or just sit with a book.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please! :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    PICTURES:
    qg2orp8.png
    npdyYn3.png
    Gallery: HanbamSims | Twitter: HanbamSims | Youtube: Hanbam
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    FORUM ID: swcheppes
    ORIGIN ID: swcheppes
    LOT
    : 50 Shades of Grey
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Originally Comfy Cubby, I renamed it 50 Shades of Grey
    BUILD COST: 96,319
    TOTAL COST: 97,819
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This build is a modern style, 1 floor home. It is clean and not cluttered. The color scheme for this house is mostly gray with blacks and white and a hint of color thrown in. The home is surrounded by a privacy wall which keeps out any nosy neighbors. When you walk into the yard you enter a small patch of land perfect for a pet. There is also a small lounge area next to a spa like pool. When first entering the house you walk into an open concept living/dining/ kitchen space. The living space hosts a modern glass fireplace. The dining area is the perfect size for an intimate dinner party with a few close friends. The kitchen is a chefs dream. There is ample cabinet space as well as a built in pantry near the dining area. It's perfect for someone who loves to cook or perhaps cooks for a living. The first bathroom is off of the kitchen. It has both a stand up shower and tub. As you move towards the back of the house you will find a small home office, a second bathroom with a spa like shower and a spare bedroom perfect for any guest who has had a little too much wine. The master bedroom is spacious and has a lovely view of the pool in the front. Just when you think there is nothing more to see in this house you're surprised. Outside a staircase leads up to a rooftop deck perfect for hosting many parties. There is a cozy sitting area which includes an outside fireplace. A state of the art grilling center can also be found. Last but not least is a sanctuary spot for unwinding with a little yoga. But don't worry you're covered from the suns harsh rays. This home is not the largest home on the market but it has a lot to offer for such a small space.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: I would like to receive constructive criticism.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    LoK7Fww.png
    nOFoMIE.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    Tanks for all your help. I might still make mistakes, but i am getting there ! ;)
    vdeaSb2.jpg
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: bolonkafrauchen
    ORIGIN ID: Bolonkafrauchen
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert). Starting out ( I will change to established at the end of the month 
    LOT: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery) Shades of Gray
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FEE5395F3ED711E887C438E726CE10E3

LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on)Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: 106 006
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together): 107 506
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    https://imgur.com/a/2Jkik
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry). Although this is a tiny lot, it will provide a comfortable and quite luxurious living for the Grays. It not only has the 2 bedrooms and bathrooms, a rather big kitchen with dining area, a living room and a study nook, it even has a laundry and a sauna in the basement. The garden itself is quite small and does not require a lot of work.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    JC77n5K.png
    DxGWD4e.png

I hope I got everything right. The photos aren't as good as i want them to be for this round, but I will have a busy week next week and i want the entry in. i will experiment on photos, when i have spare time next.
    Thanks to al of you for help and support :)
    vdeaSb2.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Bolonkafrauchen - you might want to revisit your pictures before the deadline, as @BuildnShare only use the media you provide to judge, they do not download the lots. And you're shots don't really show much of your build, and it looks like you've put a lot of effort it! You might want to check out the new Guide to Showcasing Your Lots, it has lots of tips and tricks to help you get the best of your showcase!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Ninnster wrote: »
    @BuildnShare

Just a quick question. I like combining flowers and vases to create new types of decoration. In this case the base of the white flower (hidden inside the large vase) is a peach color. Would this be considered breaching the rules? Or would it be okay because it's hidden?

Just working out what my limitations are :joy:

zKtauWP.png?1

This is fine @Ninnster, no colour is showing :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Welcome to Build-n-Share @swcheppes and @hanbam, take a seat and join in the fun!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID: abelhina35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Oak Alcove - Newcrest
    LOT NAME: 50 Shades of Grey
    BUILD COST: 148 489
    TOTAL COST: 149 989
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157694904356934
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6F129AFD3FD311E88588589460A27704?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    ENTRY DETAILS: 50 Shades of Grey is a modern home with just the right amount of landscaping. A study styled with the top of the range office equipment. Plus lush outdoor swimming pool with an entertaining area any sim would want. The black, grey and white modern furnishing just oozes sophistication but yet is warm and inviting.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used on cheats MOO, SHO and ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. I have also play tested this build.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

OIQpRmj.png
    Thank you, i will try to redo some pictures next week if real life lets me, so I can add to the slideshow.
    vdeaSb2.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: JHGKJHGKJH
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7FA3D0B83FD311E88C6C27308412E0F7?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=kjhgkjgkjhgk&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: 134.438
    TOTAL COST: 135938
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yv5So
    ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to give them as less garden to maintain as possible, while creating a modern urban feel with some suburban vibes about the house. My focal point is definitly the kitchen/dining combo - great for cooking gourmet meals while entertaining some friends. And after all the cooking they Grays may want to exercise in their new lap pool. The mastersuite is more a retreat, than just for sleeping and I put the office space as far away from the living/sleeping areas as I could to make it easier for them both to maintain a healthy work-life balance...
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: always appreciated!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: stpEOBl.png
    da2gk9h.png
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    FORUM ID: Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: TheWildlings
    LOT: Gray Modern Eleganza
    LOT COST: §1.500
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    BUILD COST: §98.423
    TOTAL COST: §99.923
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Gallery

ENTRY DETAILS: I haven't entered a challenge in a while, but this was a lot of o fun, even though I was itching to put more color in it!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please!

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    XIfq4KZ.png
    sENeoHs.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    itguyinsc wrote: »
    itguyinsc wrote: »
    Hello there! I must have overlooked this if you've already posted it, but can your entry be modified up until the deadline? If not, can you enter more than one build? I discovered wall coverings I've never used and it inspired a different exterior color combo I'd like to try. If the answer is, "no," that's ok too! Thanks for your time! :)

you can modify your build up until the deadline @itguyinsc - so go, have fun!!!

Thanks for the speedy reply. Please note I have changed the gallery download link and the picture link. THANKS!

I just "found" you in the gallery .. awesome catalog .. sorry for spamming the heck out of you <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    What's the policy on using CCs? Are they allowed? It just occurred to me as I was working on my entry, the Judges download the entries don't they? Would CCs even upload?
    @pirate - we do not download the lots to judge them, we purely stick to the media that is provided, so CC is very much allowed. The homes themselves must be uploaded as this is the only way we can check the build costings, but you can link to a lot with CC, so we have no problem with the use of CC.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by link to a lot. Also is uploading to the Gallery in the game the same as uploading to the website Gallery? is the website where I get the "link" for my entry?
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Pirate wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by link to a lot. Also is uploading to the Gallery in the game the same as uploading to the website Gallery? is the website where I get the "link" for my entry?

Hi, I used CC in my entry. The only way to get a link to your entry is to share it to a social media like facebook or twitter from inside the game when you are uploading it. It will make a post on your social media page and then give you a link to the online gallery to get your lot link.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2BB150B140D311E88B9B589460A27704?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Bns92&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove in Newcrest
    BUILD COST: 131,793
    TOTAL COST: 133,293
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/rulcF
    ENTRY DETAILS: Luxury modern monotone build for the sophisticated couple decorated in at least 50 shades of grey with green plants strategically placed. There are three floors together with a rear patio comprising swimming pool, bbq dining and bar. Living areas are on the ground floor, bedrooms and utility room on the second and office with doors leading to a roof terrace lounge with dancing on the third.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

UehuwFq.png

7o5hHrX.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    FORUM ID:Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID:Mannanna
    LEVEL: Expert ( don't feel like it in this round )
    LOT: Gray scale TownHouse
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove, Newcrest
    BUILD COST:134,536
    TOTAL COST: 136,036
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern builds aren't really my cup of tea but I tried :# This started out as a Zen inspired townhouse but with all the whites looking blue it changed into mostly grays... I tried to stay with what I consider modern looking plants which was pretty limited.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes! I want to know how I can become better, so bring it on!
    QdZcw1k.png?1
    sW0tI2q.png
    Pallystyle wrote: »
    Pirate wrote: »

Hi, I used CC in my entry. The only way to get a link to your entry is to share it to a social media like facebook or twitter from inside the game when you are uploading it. It will make a post on your social media page and then give you a link to the online gallery to get your lot link.

Thanks for stepping in @Pallystyle, I hope this has helped you @pirate. If you still have questions, please let us know.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS91 - BACK TO BASICS

Your results are now available HERE.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member

FORUM ID: Valuzza90
    ORIGIN ID: Valuzza90
    HOUSEHOLD: Modern Bedroom
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    16-04-18_21-54-38.png
    16-04-18_21-55-31.png
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT: "Homogeneous Habitat" https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/95CA661741BB11E8893B589460A27704?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=glen1974&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:1500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby in Newcrest
    BUILD COST:141885
    TOTAL COST: 143385
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qrrDd
    ENTRY DETAILS: So after a hiatus and period of builders block I couldnt wait to get stuck into this latest challenge. 'Homogeneous Habitat' is my latest creation and for this I took the pallette of grey, black and white and looked to Art Deco as my inspiration. From that starting point I created a mainly stacked, cubed house with a flat roof. I softened this by adding a curved decking and repeated this in the wraparound balconies on the various levels. From the rear this then gives the appearance ,and is reminiscent, of the decks of a classic ocean liner.

Inside I added a basement level and made this the kitchen (as I love the idea of a basement kitchen from Absolutely Fabvulous and always wanted to add one to a build of mine). I added windows in the basement giving views into the rear garden swimming pool and thus making the kitchen feel as if it is underwater. The budget was plentiful therefore I was able to add a utility and laundry area.

On the entrance level I made use of the nook at the front of the building by devoting this space to a study area. I partitioned this, and the entrance,off from the living room but still kept an open plan feel to the room. Stairs in the living area lead both down to the basement kitchen and up to the next level.

On the first upstairs level I had space and budget to allow a small toilet room for visting day guests. The master bedroom is on this level also. This room has a full ensuite bathroom with seperate bath and shower. The bedroom also has built in wardrobe/closet space. Also I made the area above the bed a double height ceiling and added a skylight so that when Sims are lying in bed they can gaze directly up into the night sky. There is also access onto the balcony from this bedroom and I have included a small table and chairs for Sims to enjoy their morning coffee or late night beverage or snuggle down in the wicker loveseat.

The guest bedroom is up on the next level and the main feature here is the bespoke art work on the wall behind the bed. Again this room has its own full size private ensuite bathroom and access to its own balcony. The skylight mentioned above also forms part of this bedroom's ensuite ceiling so that Sims can bathe by moonlight if they so desire.

Outside steps on this level's balcony lead directly up onto the roof terrace. Here I have added a cabana and wicker sofa for Sims to relax and listen to spa music. For ultimate indulgence I included a hot tub with breath taking views over Newcrest.

Finally, the rear of the property includes an enclosed patio area including the required swimming pool. The budget allowed for a table and chairs and I added a water feature and some plants also. I tried to elimate grass as much as possible by paving over both the front and rear areas.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]EYkdLYU.png?2
    [img][/img]LaiXCo6.png
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the Back to Basics winners! Well Deserved! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    HOUSEHOLD: White n' Black meets Green
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was itching to make a white/black room with lots of green plants - so I did :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes,please!

Z2sYxK2.png
    XmoOqhZ.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top