Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"New Sims Experience" theories

Comments

• Monsterfighter_1Monsterfighter_1 Posts: 19 Member
    > @Cupid said:
    > clearly it's a sign that our sims are going to gain the ability to colonize Mars.

I Actually want to see this now XD
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I think I will give up speculating. I've never been right in the past. All I now hope that it will be a pleasant experience. :|
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    I'm holding my thumbs for the color wheel for hair colors, or some other way to work with custom designed colors
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Todiloo wrote: »
    I'm holding my thumbs for the color wheel for hair colors, or some other way to work with custom designed colors

You know what would be awesome? The system they have for cats and dogs painting. If we could do that on Sims hair.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want this next..
    16by1pg.png
    Makes me think of greenhouses, farms, rural life, seasons ect... Whenever I go to Selvadorada my sim has to go visit this spot. Might not get it next but think it's a hint and I can dream.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Todiloo wrote: »

You know what would be awesome? The system they have for cats and dogs painting. If we could do that on Sims hair.

If we could have that with everything. Floors, furniture, clothing.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want this next..
    16by1pg.png
    Makes me think of greenhouses, farms, rural life, seasons ect... Whenever I go to Selvadorada my sim has to go visit this spot. Might not get it next but think it's a hint and I can dream.

Yes! I would love that.

My biggest hope is for witches (but I don't think that's next). I'd like Seasons, but honestly I'd like farming first (with some kind of craft like nectar making/canning/etc).
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • PuppyLuver5PuppyLuver5 Posts: 22 Member
    Maybe it's an alien expansion pack, or it's on another planet?
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    [quote="PuppyLuver5;c-16422033"]Maybe it's an alien expansion pack, or it's on another planet?[/quote]

That's the dream!
    I once asked a sim guru if they would ever flesh out the aliens like they did with vampires, but they told me they would probably make an entire new alien life state instead of updating the old one :/
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    celialove wrote: »

That's the dream!
    I once asked a sim guru if they would ever flesh out the aliens like they did with vampires, but they told me they would probably make an entire new alien life state instead of updating the old one :/

it seems EA hates updating old stuff :p
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    [quote="princess_kaguya;c-16422219"][quote="celialove;c-16422197"][quote="PuppyLuver5;c-16422033"]Maybe it's an alien expansion pack, or it's on another planet?[/quote]

That's the dream!
    I once asked a sim guru if they would ever flesh out the aliens like they did with vampires, but they told me they would probably make an entire new alien life state instead of updating the old one :/[/quote]

it seems EA hates updating old stuff :p [/quote]

They really do. Once they bring out an expansion it's 'finished'. I wish they would update released content instead of abandoning it completely...
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    > @Cupid said:
    > clearly it's a sign that our sims are going to gain the ability to colonize Mars.

I Actually want to see this now XD

That would be awesome, I would love a world that's based on another planet! Like. Bigger sixam
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want this next..
    16by1pg.png

Yes! I would love that.

My biggest hope is for witches (but I don't think that's next). I'd like Seasons, but honestly I'd like farming first (with some kind of craft like nectar making/canning/etc).

My dream ep would be a farming ep combined with season.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    When they say “new experiences” I’m moving away from the theories of sims 3 content being refused to added back via the sims 4’s newer shell, yes I believe we will see SOME oldies but whether they’ll be goodies is...difficult to guess.

New experiences I can assume will relate to cars, new exciting ways we can give our sims life and sure they may not be amazing but if EA are willing to stir things up then I wanna see what they’ve got in mind. Right now I’m theorizing cars are gonna make a come back as will twists on older aspects of the games, not sims 3 or 2 but sims 1, don’t ask me why but as they seem to be going backwards, not really in a good way, I’m wondering if they’ll pull some branches off the sims 1 tree and prod at sims 4 with it, bring back weird NPC’s, if they give us back burglars and cops, add a weird twist to them so we’re not always expecting someone trying to get into our place and sirens to blare down the road but maybe the cop will be bad in some way or the burglar won’t be all stripes and a mask but an old woman in a clown costume taking back what you rotten grandkids stole from her. I dunno but I’m not expecting conventional when it comes to “new sims experience”, I’m thinking it’ll get weird and not in a good way but not in a bad way either, it’ll just be weird but we will make do as we have always done.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

That's the dream!

it seems EA hates updating old stuff :p

They really do. Once they bring out an expansion it's 'finished'. I wish they would update released content instead of abandoning it completely...

Well, they did it with My First Pet... of course that wasn't an update. And you had to pay for it too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    It could be the Sims 5 I hope not not yet but you never know it could be a university GP think about it the term New Experience where do you get new experiences? University
    Personally I hope it’s a sports pack we have never had that before.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    It could be the Sims 5 I hope not not yet but you never know it could be a university GP think about it the term New Experience where do you get new experiences? University
    Personally I hope it’s a sports pack we have never had that before.
    It's specifically Sims 4:

I've got my fingers crossed for Seasons, which I'd love to have, or something like an active school pack (that might fit in a GP, and a GP might be a more likely summer release than Seasons, which really has to be an EP because of the amount of coding all that weather + seasonal systems would need, I think).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'm going with low expectation so I don't get disappoint with EA as usual so I think it's just Cats and dogs EP for consoles and/or some VR thing for Sims 4
    EA tends to follow what's trending this year not what people wants
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Honestly I don't think they will announce Seasons there, just because of the fact that they clearly say they have their next Sims 4 experience PLAYABLE there, so it can't be the EP if they announce it there.

So they have to announce it way before EA Play, or it has to be something very different like a patch update or another pack we do not know about yet.

They can still announce Seasons or any EP/Pack at EA Play, but an announcement at EA Play means also that it is not the pack playable there immediately. I highly doubt that.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Gamescom is the other event in August yes? That was where Cats and Dogs got announced. So I expect Stuff Pack or Game Pack for EA Play.

For Game Pack I hope one of the following
    1. Supermarket (build and run your own business and stock up the fridge with 'supplies' so you don't waste money for every little thing from the fridge like Sims 2 had in its base game).
    2. Witches
    3. Tropical Vacation (please don't make it feature beaches to swim in oceans because that means we need to vacation to go to a beach which is ridiculous).

For Stuff Pack I hope one of the following
    1. Pool Stuff (floats, diving board (one for free in the month update for base game users), and a pool bar (Island Paradise anyone?) along with new water colors, pools need to be cleaned with the net or get a filter if you can afford it).
    2. Arcade Stuff (arcade machines are back finally! :smile:)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • TiaTia Posts: 9 New Member
    If they're really speaking of a brand new experience, I'd love the idea of implementing government into the game. Like, a Monarchy or even a lesser form of government such as an actual Mayorship (but a Monarchy would be cooler) ... Let's just say the pack would allow the player to choose between playing with either a Monarchy or a Mayorship.

You can love them or hate them, protest, deface their property, befriend their kids/marry into the family, celebrate their birthday at a new festival, etc. If the Monarchy is chosen for gameplay, it could also lead to (or be) a legacy gamepack or sorts - will the Princess be able to rule as well as her late father, King ___? I never purchased the Superstar pack many have spoken of here back when Sims 1 was a thing, but I'm thinking many of the animations would be be similar + animations we already have (protesting, spray painting, etc.).
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope we get something before June.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    We had spa day that's new, we have cafés that's new we have yoga that's new, we have a vacuum cleaner and that lgbt update that is new. Sims 4 is introducing more new stuff then the previous now anything can be new cars, burglars, firemen etc. Just like anything can be next Seasons, another stuff pack or game pack another Vacation lot.

Though more npc's would be new I don't think they'd be big enough for EA to show off at EAPlay. I think it's something really big like Seasons,Amusement Parks or Cars.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    IMO, Seasons might be the next pack, but it isn't new as we have had it in past versions. Farming is new because we have never had a farming pack before, but it might not be the next pack. EA chooses their words very carefully. The tweet said next, not new.

I agree, although seasons would be said to be new in the context of sims 4 specifically, as we don't have it in 4, although I appreciate calling it new in this context is debateable. Of course if it introduced features or gameplay dynamics we haven't seen in previous games then it could be said to be new.

Seasons in TS4 could be new if it combines vacations. We've never had a Season/Vacations pack before. It could include a Tropical Beach Location and a Alpine Winter Location.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    clearly it's a sign that our sims are going to gain the ability to colonize Mars.

My sims are up for it!!