Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More stylish and dignified clothing for elderly female Sims

@SimGuruSarah, @SimGuruLyndsay et al. As an elderly female human I wish we had more outfits for our elderly female sims. I know I am a member of a very small minority of Simmers, but it's quite depressing to have so few options.

Comments

• SherryRNSherryRN Posts: 45 Member
    I do get the impression for my elderly ladies that they can either be crazy or frumpy, in dress style that is. I'm kind of depressed by the severe sag issues up top too; don't they make good foundation garments?? My grandmother was umm, well endowed and she never sagged in public, she'd have been upset to think that was acceptable! On the other hand, I've got a great insane elderly chick who keeps doing exactly what she wants to do and earning long life potion thingys for her trouble. She's a hoot.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd like more basics and classic styled clothing to be added. Clothing with less flash and in all the basic colors. Character building is hard in this game if you aren't willing to dress them in a trendy way. Often my sims end up wearing the same few outfits.. for me that goes more for the men than women, but I do sometimes have issues dressing an older woman up in an elegant or classy way.
    egTcBMc.png
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Agreed. I had the same trouble in sims3. I would love to see more appropriate elder wear. @ SherryRN I take my elderly ladies into cas and give them a boost.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree with all of the above. The first thing I do when creating an elderly Sim is to lift that bust up to the proper height. I wish there was a way to straighten the backs too.
    EA should remember that a lot of elderly people had to do compulsory army service for a couple of years when young (some countries still do have it) and were not allowed to slump. EA may say that they have to differentiate between ages but they have put a lot of Simmers backs up too.
    Today's teenagers, on the contrary, do slump and also have the current fashionable smartphone neck bend.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I agree with all of the above. The first thing I do when creating an elderly Sim is to lift that bust up to the proper height. I wish there was a way to straighten the backs too.
    EA should remember that a lot of elderly people had to do compulsory army service for a couple of years when young (some countries still do have it) and were not allowed to slump. EA may say that they have to differentiate between ages but they have put a lot of Simmers backs up too.
    Today's teenagers, on the contrary, do slump and also have the current fashionable smartphone neck bend.

At least they've come far from sims 3. Those elders were the worst. Their bust on their knees, bend over so that their chin touched their knees and they had nearly no clothes.

Of course there are improvements to be made but sims 4 is the first game where I don't dread playing elders.
  • VriyankaVriyanka Posts: 10 New Member
    Thats very interesting to hear. To be honest the other day I was looking at the female clothes and thinking that most of them looked rather.... matronly. But apparently I'm in the minority on that one. I hope they introduce more things for you to use, then.
    The trouble is that older people are only given frumpy stuff in the shops anyway these days so EA is obviously following the trend. No one wants to look like "mutton dressed as lamb" either (unless on purpose). >:)
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited April 2018
    The trouble is that older people are only given frumpy stuff in the shops anyway these days so EA is obviously following the trend. No one wants to look like "mutton dressed as lamb" either (unless on purpose). >:)

The idea of a "Timeless" style seems to have been tossed. :| I really have no interest in dressing like my Grandkids.

I'd be willing to overlook the sag and the slouch, if only there were something suitable to wear.
    Post edited by dizzydee_k on
    edited April 2018
    Most of the oldest ladies in my city are as neat as a new pin, especially the over eighties. I see them congregate in the large store restaurants and cafes with their friends in the winter. Tourists take over the cafes in the summer here.

There is a cutoff point I've noticed for tight perms as a lot of over 80s have them, (hairdressers have special rates for OAPs here) whereas circa 75's and unders have a looser hair style. Hair for the elderly Sim is also neglected in Sims 4.

Neat type trousers, tops with scarves (to hide wrinkly necks) and no ugly over the knee skirts would be a start.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited April 2018
    I too would like to see more classic styles for elder sims. I know it's not the same as official game content but if you're not adverse to cc here are some items that might work.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16414062#Comment_16414062
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes, please! Seniors really get the shaft in this game - if they're fit when they age up, they shouldn't be bent over and dying every time they exercise. (I accidently killed one of my Sims that way.) And yes, you do start to stiffen up a bit, even if you've been active, as you get older (my aunt and I were both 'ow, ow, ow'ing when we took a long car trip), but the complaining in CAS drives me insane.

I don't find it so difficult to find clothes for my senior women - pretty much everything is available - but every single outfit or top looks horrible due to the sag. This is why the Great Llama invented bras. As others remark above, senior ladies are usually more conscientious about their appearance than younger people; they grew up in a different era, and have a bit more time to spend looking fabulous. (I'm pretty much: is it clean?)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    O yes I agree, I gave all the townie sims in my main play save a make over to have them looking normal (yes I'm probs crazy cus it's like 180 townies) and it was so hard to do all the elders, really felt like a short coming. Also cus I don't want too many sims wearing the same things and my elders looking decent and not frumpy.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I totally agree, and I think Simmers of all ages could feel the same.
    I also sometimes wish we had some kind of age filter for clothes. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that we can choose from all outfits for our Sims, and I definitely want it to stay that way. But at the same time, we could use some restictions for generated townies.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes, there are not many clothes that look flattering and elegant on mature feminine sims.

I would like clothes (and shoes, jewellery, and hairstyles) like this:

Pnz4qua.jpg
    gwksI7N.jpg
    YBvkajp.jpg
    0TjI2sv.jpg
    1cj79vL.jpg
    ckPpY0T.jpg
    0O44NH9.jpg
    WTLaUwb.jpg
    POgB9AH.jpg
    NfZfKtC.jpg

they could also work on younger sims too, if they have a classic style for example
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please I love the clothing and hats from the 50s
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Yes, there are not many clothes that look flattering and elegant on mature feminine sims.

I would like clothes (and shoes, jewellery, and hairstyles) like this:

Pnz4qua.jpg
    gwksI7N.jpg
    YBvkajp.jpg
    0TjI2sv.jpg
    1cj79vL.jpg
    ckPpY0T.jpg
    0O44NH9.jpg
    WTLaUwb.jpg
    POgB9AH.jpg
    NfZfKtC.jpg

they could also work on younger sims too, if they have a classic style for example

Absolutely. <3
    edited April 2018
    @dizzydee_k I love your examples. EA should note that none of those models slouches too. I think I have seen that lady with the stick before somewhere? Very rich?
    @dizzydee_k I love your examples. EA should note that none of those models slouches too. I think I have seen that lady with the stick before somewhere? Very rich?

Yes, here is a link to a news about her.

Yes, here is a link to a news about her.

Thanks @AlbaWaterhouse All I can say is (in old terms) GOSH! 99 and she still doesn't slouch. Look and learn EA! :o

Thank you, but those lovely examples were provided by @AlbaWaterhouse.

I'm 93. I've been doing yoga for at least 50 years. I don't slouch and and I don't wear trousers with holes in them. I do understand that Elders need to look different than Adults - hence the slouch - but it would sure be nice if they could earn a "stand tall" trait.

Mostly, I just want something decent to wear.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    @SimGuruSarah, @SimGuruLyndsay et al. As an elderly female human I wish we had more outfits for our elderly female sims. I know I am a member of a very small minority of Simmers, but it's quite depressing to have so few options.

I'd like an SP for adults/elders with clothing and activities: You could have things like shuffleboard, or maybe table games like Mah Jong or Scrabble. A Crafts & Hobbies pack, something similar to FreeTime but without the competition aspect would also be useful.
    I totally agree, and I think Simmers of all ages could feel the same.
    I also sometimes wish we had some kind of age filter for clothes. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that we can choose from all outfits for our Sims, and I definitely want it to stay that way. But at the same time, we could use some restictions for generated townies.

An age filter similar to the gender filter, where game-generated Sims would show up in age-appropriate clothing but players could remove in CAS would be awesome. Since I reduced the percentage of game-generated elders with MCCC I don't have as much of an issue but I used to get a bunch of elders walking around looking like rejected extras for High School Musical.

I also agree with the comments about elders being way too stooped and "creaky". I'd like to see straighter elders, especially those who have high Fitness or Wellness levels. It would make sense that if you've kept your body in good shape with exercise or yoga would naturally walk straighter when they age.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimGuruKimmiSimGuruKimmi Posts: 43 SimGuru
    Please do post images of what type of outfits for elders you would like to see in game. Visuals help a lot. :)
    edited April 2018
    Please do post images of what type of outfits for elders you would like to see in game. Visuals help a lot. :)

I don't have a way to add images to the forums except via Twitter, but here's a Pinterest link with lots of ideas. Dresses For Woman Over 70

Posture and how clothing drapes are important. Some of the current outfits might be fine but they drape oddly on Elders.

One the one hand having CAS clothing that's fits Teen thru Elder gives us more choices, but then when sims hit Elder their bodies and posture changes and many things no longer drape properly.

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I think a few outfits like these would look nice on the elderly sims.

Autumn-outfit-grandma-of-coat-the-elderly-women-s-clothing.jpg

Even elderly couples..
    bonpon511-640x400.jpg
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Thanks for stopping by @SimGuruKimmi !!!

This lady, Lola Herrera, is a famous actress and fashion icon in Spain and I love her style.

e2IHNWQ.jpg
    GJapcQl.jpg
    z5kdlqh.jpg
    6r7zzyi.jpg