Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patience is definitely a virtue... One I lack

I imagine I'm not the only one feeling impatient for new Sims news. I even had a dream that they announced a pack. When do y'all think we'll get an announcement for something?

Comments

• Options
    SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    This waiting is killing me.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    two weeks from now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    I even had a dream that they announced a pack.

I had a dream too, and in that dream I saw the world icons covered in snow... That was the teaser, nothing else. I wish it would finally happen!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    S3 store, packs, and really huge EPs jam packed really spoiled me. I use to go to S3 forums daily and at times I skip days and even weeks of coming on the forums for just this reason. I wish they would hire another team to crank stuff out faster and take care of problems. :p
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So after a SP following a GP players are still 'waiting for something new'

I know it is fun to speculate future content but it is worrying that players are still waiting for packs just to make TS4 feel more fulfilled after nearly four years
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

I know it is fun to speculate future content but it is worrying that players are still waiting for packs just to make TS4 feel more fulfilled after nearly four years

If that's how you want to interpret waiting for information on new content that's fine but why are you worried?
  • Options
    lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    We should get another patch soon for April. We get one every month.

Michele
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I totally get that...I feel that the one week turnaround between SP announcement and release (two weeks for GPs?) as well as only one EP a year is causing players to feel like this.

Back in the day, we'd spend a month, maybe two (+), waiting on a pack to be released from initial announcement. Every day and every week there were new bits of information about said pack that would be fed to us and added to the excitement. After weeks of numerous screenshots, various trailers, fan site interviews and a producer walkthrough, the game was finally released and you'd find yourself playing for weeks on end, exploring the new features, objects, gameplay and once you were finally 'bored' of it, a new game was already announced and the cycle would repeat. The two Expansion Packs a year system along with Stuff Packs meant that the majority of the year, there was always something that we knew about and were looking forward to.

Stuff packs can literally be explored in a few hours and they don't really add that much to the game. So whilst we are getting new content quite a bit, it doesn't really affect the game dynamic, therefore we spend our time waiting for the next big pack that will add a multitude of gameplay.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Skyrim.
    skyrim%20return.png

Seasons and University, I am in for a long wait. :p
    It's time to pick up some old beloved games. Mass Effect will be next.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Then you can practice having patience right now, then.
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I can finally catch up on my achievements in TS3 that i need to finish >.>
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

Who says that's why we're waiting? You could easily flip this and say that OP/the people in this thread are enjoying TS4 so much they can't wait to see what happens next. :tongue:
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I don't necessarily need something released. I just need to hear of something to look forward too. That is really how I get through life. I set my sights on something and wait.

Personally, I feel like they shouldn't announce things last minute. Or at least update us on other things.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited April 2018
    I would be happy with another Origin leak(like what happened with the info of Jungle Adventure)
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    We anticipate new announcements so badly because the game lacks in content and gets stale after a few mins of play. I have all the EP's, GP's and most of the stuff packs too. This game just doesn't hold my interest like past versions did.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    We anticipate new announcements so badly because the game lacks in content and gets stale after a few mins of play. I have all the EP's, GP's and most of the stuff packs too. This game just doesn't hold my interest like past versions did.

Exactly! And being silent this long literally kills the hype to play this game!
    I'm very tired of waiting that I'm thinking to move on to other games
    I miss TS3 when they used to announce EPs 3 months before release and guess what people were still very hyped and bought them
    Announcing something little early doesn't kill our hype EA, that's a lie you made us believe to justify your laziness
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

I miss TS3 when they used to announce EPs 3 months before release and guess what people were still very hyped and bought them
    Announcing something little early doesn't kill our hype EA, that's a lie you made us believe to justify your laziness

The experience is exactly the opposite for me. As soon as new content is announced I find it difficult to play because I'm too excited and distracted by what's coming. Snd don't want to advance my sims without the new content. I'm enjoying this lull while it lasts and am perfectly willing to wait until the EA Play announcement in June. But for those who are bored I hope the announcement comes sooner. :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018

For me it was exactly like this. I remember being on holiday, we were hiking and I was dreaming away, coming up with a storyline for my current generation (always went a bit cold turkey not being able to play Sims for 3 entire weeks :mrgreen:), including an evil witch that we would get in the promised upcoming Supernatural pack. It did excite me but not distract me, on the contrary. When I got home I was having a lot of fun with my genies (one being an adventurer in France who learned martial arts and how to make nectar, the other being a journalist, both very much in love) and the fact I knew this witch would cross their path to mess up their happy life together at one point added an anticipatory pleasure. I did immediately create the witch (and named him after a hotel we saw in Saas-Fee: Sarasin, again while hiking), waiting patiently in the bin until I could turn him into a witch and throw him into my sims’ lives. For me it’s exactly how you say. It was fun to know what the game would have in store in the future and fantasize how I would be able to use it for my sims family.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited April 2018
    I've resorted to playing S3 way more right now. When seasons hits, I will likely make the switch to having S4 be my go to, with occasional sessions of S3.

I miss S2 but no computer I own will play it right now :disappointed:
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

The experience is exactly the opposite for me. As soon as new content is announced I find it difficult to play because I'm too excited and distracted by what's coming. Snd don't want to advance my sims without the new content. I'm enjoying this lull while it lasts and am perfectly willing to wait until the EA Play announcement in June. But for those who are bored I hope the announcement comes sooner. :)

This has always been my experience also.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I just really can’t imagine finding it difficult to play when you’re really having fun with what you have going on in your current game. Isn’t that sort of... a testomy of in fact being somewhat bored? How can you have big fun and enjoy yourself, then suddenly find yourself quiting just because in June it’s going to rain or snow in your game or your sim will be able to go to university? If that knowledge alone stops you from enjoying the game all together.... no, I really have no idea how that works. I’m having fun playing or not and when excitement over something that isn’t there yet would make me stop wanting to play, it would make me wonder if I’m enjoying myself then in the first place. Apparently my enjoyment depends on the upcoming stuff then. In the past packs even had to wait at one point (when we got 3 EP’s a year) because I was in the middle of something and there was no room for the new stuff in my sims’ story.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I just really can’t imagine finding it difficult to play when you’re really having fun with what you have going on in your current game. Isn’t that sort of... a testomy of in fact being somewhat bored? How can you have big fun and enjoy yourself, then suddenly find yourself quiting just because in June it’s going to rain or snow in your game or your sim will be able to go to university? If that knowledge alone stops you from enjoying the game all together.... no, I really have no idea how that works. I’m having fun playing or not and when excitement over something that isn’t there yet would make me stop wanting to play, it would make me wonder if I’m enjoying myself then in the first place. Apparently my enjoyment depends on the upcoming stuff then. In the past packs even had to wait at one point (when we got 3 EP’s a year) because I was in the middle of something and there was no room for the new stuff in my sims’ story.

@JoAnne65 like you still wouldn't be on the edge of your seat if sims 3 was still getting new packs
    and the fact that your talking about people bored with sims 4 might mean your bored with sims 3 I think you might be projecting your feelings on to others
  • Options
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    I don't necessarily need something released. I just need to hear of something to look forward too. That is really how I get through life. I set my sights on something and wait.

Personally, I feel like they shouldn't announce things last minute. Or at least update us on other things.

I like looking forward to things also even if it is a longs way a way it sure is nice