Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    There is an auto restock mod that you can opt for free restocking, imagine if you have this for a bank. I ran a bank and the whole neighbours get poorer. Another interesting thing is, it is possible to place a hotel in the neighbourhood area.
  • WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    > @ClassicalSim said:
    > Scribal_Goddess wrote: »
    >
    > ClassicalSim wrote: »
    >
    > Brindleton wrote: »
    >
    > Rod Humble (The dude who gives you that awesome computer when you start a new family) doesn't have any character files.
    > Apparently he's not an actual sim!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That explains why all my attempts to trap him in my house and befriend him never worked. He'd just pace back and forth and eventually disappear. :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yup! Rod is an Object NPC, much like crumplebottom or the grim reaper. Don't mess with him. ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I once managed to add Mrs. Crumplebottom to one of my households, but it didn't go well. She would stand in the sofa instead of sitting on it and when I put her in the pool she just sat on the bottom of it, and she never would let go of that purse. It was a long time ago, and I didn't know then that it could corrupt my game. I didn't keep her very long before I set her free. Fortunately, it didn't seem to do any harm to my game.

I have summoned Mrs. Crumplebottom to my lot and makes her go to the hot tub and stays there, she stays there until fire starts from the hot tub. Another one horrible story is I was trying to kill a penguin. And this is the beginning of game corruption.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Something I didn't know all these years, kids can play with the career reward podium autonomously and if directed. They play speak and burp green gas. :D They have more fun with it than toys.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited April 2018
    Winthorpe wrote: »
    I have summoned Mrs. Crumplebottom to my lot and makes her go to the hot tub and stays there, she stays there until fire starts from the hot tub. Another one horrible story is I was trying to kill a penguin. And this is the beginning of game corruption.

Every single thing about this experiment is making my toes want to crawl up my legs to safety, good job. (Do not mess with the penguin... you can use the Visitor Controller to ban him though!)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Trying to kill a penguin lol >:)

I like turning sims that try to steal the newspaper or kick over the trash bin into vamps to get rid of them.
    They turn up each day only to run off because of the sun >:)
    They never get the chance to try to steal the paper again lol.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Wait...can we not even interact with the penguin at all? I love that little guy.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    You can pet the Penguin and leave fish out for it... that's about all. I don't remember if the shoo option is there. :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You can pet the Penguin and leave fish out for it... that's about all. I don't remember if the shoo option is there. :)

Wait what? How do you leave fish out for him? :o I have never done that! I love that little guy!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @JULES1111 wrote: »

Wait what? How do you leave fish out for him? :o I have never done that! I love that little guy!

When he visits, put some fish down from their inventories- they'll find it. They normally walk into houses and jump at any hanging fish to let you know they want some. :)
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited April 2018

When he visits, put some fish down from their inventories- they'll find it. They normally walk into houses and jump at any hanging fish to let you know they want some. :)

I had it happen for the first time ever in my game last year and it blew my mind that I had never seen that before. What a sweet detail! I managed to catch lots of pictures because the penguin is one of my favorite things ever and I go crazy with screenshots whenever I see him waddling up :smile:

https://mortia.tumblr.com/post/165525672232/i-had-placed-a-fish-from-josefs-inventory-on-the
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I love this thread. I've played TS2 since the very beginning, but I'm still learning things I didn't know from this thread. I love the penguin too and I never knew you could feed him. I can't wait to try it. :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I am gonna have to do that! I had no clue that could happen, why put fish on the ground. :D I am gonna have to hang a fish to see that too! This is so awesome.
    mortia wrote: »

I had it happen for the first time ever in my game last year and it blew my mind that I had never seen that before. What a sweet detail! I managed to catch lots of pictures because the penguin is one of my favorite things ever and I go crazy with screenshots whenever I see him waddling up :smile:

https://mortia.tumblr.com/post/165525672232/i-had-placed-a-fish-from-josefs-inventory-on-the

OMG those pics are the cutest! Thanks for linking them! Can't wait to see this in action myself!
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member

I once managed to add Mrs. Crumplebottom to one of my households, but it didn't go well. She would stand in the sofa instead of sitting on it and when I put her in the pool she just sat on the bottom of it, and she never would let go of that purse. It was a long time ago, and I didn't know then that it could corrupt my game. I didn't keep her very long before I set her free. Fortunately, it didn't seem to do any harm to my game.

I did that once. When I played other families, she would scold them for being romantic outside, going for a swim, not wearing the proper outfit and would continue to scold whoever until they went in the house (and lock the door). It got frustrating because after a while, my sims basically just stayed inside because she would just show up randomly and stay for hours and she couldn't break into there house. DO NOT add Ms. Crumplebottom to your household because, other than the risk of curruption, she also becomes apart of your neighborhood.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I love this thread. I've played TS2 since the very beginning, but I'm still learning things I didn't know from this thread. I love the penguin too and I never knew you could feed him. I can't wait to try it. :)

Agreed.
    Great learning things still after all these years:)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Awww!!! Those pics are so adorable! The penguin is probably my favorite npc in the whole game. He's so cute. I love when he comes to talk to my snowmen. I love when he talks to the fish on the walls. I have a winter town just because of him. LOL

@mortia - you have to tell me...your pics look amazing. Is this a mod for the game, a filter on the game, or a filter on the pics? I love the look!
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Awww!!! Those pics are so adorable! The penguin is probably my favorite npc in the whole game. He's so cute. I love when he comes to talk to my snowmen. I love when he talks to the fish on the walls. I have a winter town just because of him. LOL

@mortia - you have to tell me...your pics look amazing. Is this a mod for the game, a filter on the game, or a filter on the pics? I love the look!

Thanks @Mstybl95! I use Gunmod's Radiance lighting and, very importantly, Almighty Hat's A World Lit by Fire tweak to Radiance lighting, since my game is historical and is either lit by firelight or daylight...or moonlight, I guess :D .

The other biggie I use is Pineapple's Post Effects Mod. I honestly don't do much of anything in Photoshop besides cropping and adjusting levels, those three mods together just make for some really interesting possibilities.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

I didn't knew that !
    So i've tried and the Penguin looks pretty happy to see 10 fishes on the ground ( :D ), he eat 2 of them, then he pee and leave. I think i might always leave fish on the ground now ^^
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited April 2018
    I've been playing Sims 2 for 14 years now and I just now discovered that Sims will sometimes leave gifts after a dream date. I always knew we could get roses. I've had romance Sims with rooms full of roses. But until my current game, I hadn't seen gifts. A telescope appeared in my Sim's yard and I didn't know where it came from until another date snuck into my yard and dropped off a hot tub.
    I didn't know we could feed the penguin either. I always smile when he comes around to talk to a snowman, but I'd never interacted with him.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've been playing Sims 2 for 14 years now and I just now discovered that Sims will sometimes leave gifts after a dream date. I always knew we could get roses. I've had romance Sims with rooms full of roses. But until my current game, I hadn't seen gifts. A telescope appeared in my Sim's yard and I didn't know where it came from until another date snuck into my yard and dropped off a hot tub.
    I didn't know we could feed the penguin either. I always smile when he comes around to talk to a snowman, but I'd never interacted with him.

Iirc, the probability is higher if the dream date was on a community lot and the date-ee does not live at your family lot. Benefits of romance sims and/or a long engagement!
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I still love TS2. I remember one time I made a sloppy sim clean up the kitchen and he looked up at me and game me a look like "I don't wanna!!!"

LOL and if I told a mean sim to be nice I would get that same look along with a sign of disapproval! It was cool because it looked like the sims knew you were there! LOL

There were so many neat things that would happen that I don't see in TS3. I wish I could remember them all.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    One time while playing TS2, one of my sims was away at college. Then, Mortimer Goth was walking down the street directly in front of my sim's dorm. He stopped, looked around, appeared to have become scared and ran off ! LOL it was like he realized he had just stumbled upon a college campus and wanted to get away asap. This really happened!!!
  • octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    Some stuff I’ve found.

A rich sim is a sim with 45 to 50,000 simoleons in their net worth.

Those homeless looking sims in downtown areas with the nasty and dirty clothes that sift through your garbage and are very.... sloppy ... are sometimes very rich. Despite them seeming very poor. I think they’re categorized as “dateable slobs.”

The Golden anniversary prty is only available to elder sim couples who have never cheated on each other.

When sim parents get a divorce and the children cry, the parent that stays will usually autonomously go and console each child one by one.

If your child is taken away by social services, it’ll be the first child in the adoption pool for when another sim family adopts a child. Unfortunately I believe all memory is wiped.

If a toddler is locked in a crib and crying to get out, a child can tease the toddler.

If sims are gossiping they can discover information about sims they have never met. My sims have found out about their spouse cheating from listening to gossip and fell about of love. Other sims have started to hate burglars from hearing gossip of robberies at other sim houses.

The animation for an engagement proposal rejection at dinner is SO HILARIOUS and detailed.

Maxis never fixed the dance options for the game. There are several options for dance when you click on a sim but for some reason they are separated. There is Dance > Classic. Slow Dance, Dance Together. When it should be

Dance ... Dance Together, Classic, Slow Dance

Just an interesting fact that’s always boggled me.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    After all this time I just discovered that right clicking on a sim makes that sim active. :o I'd always clicked on the sims pic in the ui to switch between sims.
    Discovered today that the networking option from AL is fudged: specifically that when a townie offers an introduction to another sim they do it at random... picking out of a pool that includes object NPC's. (Obviously, if one of those turns up... DO NOT ACCEPT.)

EA, whyyyyyy? The object NPC's don't live in the same game area as anyone else! With the exception of the Charlatan they don't turn up on community lots! Could you direct your code towards the correct pool of sims, please?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top