Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Llandros' Ultimate Sim Challenge Rules (Sims 3)

Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
Earlier this year I started putting together a challenge to play that I called the Ultimate Sim Challenge. I didn't know that someone had started something similar a few years ago but never continued it. Anyway, I have been recording on my YouTube channel and documenting in the forums my own attempts at this challenge. I thought I would create a thread with all the rules here on the forum.

This challenge is intended to make full use of all official EA content, including EP, SP, and store content. You can always modify for anything that you don't have. Changing rules to fit your own play style and interest is fine as it really is just a way for you to try to experience a vast majority of what this game has to offer.

My original blog postings are here and they have been copied over so that they can be in this forum. Let me know if you try it and feel free to post pics/updates if you like. I hope you enjoy and don't feel overwhelmed by the volume of 'rules'. They are pretty easy to follow.

My YouTube Version currently in Season 4 (Barnacle Bay)
My Forum Thread Version
Post edited by Llandros2012 on

Comments

• Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2019
    The General Guidelines (Part 1)

Each town, or season, has it's own set of items that you should work on. Primary skills should be mastered, but skill challenges are ongoing. You can complete them at a later time if you like. Free skills are ones that do not impact job performance or academic performance. If your sim starts learning a skill before it should be done, don't worry. Just try to direct them to not do that skill if at all possible. As you near the end of a season, you might actually start working on a few skills in order to do well on the college aptitude test.

When setting up your town, look to see if you will even be working on that skill to determine if you need to add the venue.

1 year is equal to 4 sim weeks. All jobs should be held for 1 sim year unless they are part time. Part time jobs only require a 2 week commitment. You may stay in the job longer if you wish or need to in order to reach the highest level of the career. You can rearrange the order in which you complete the jobs if you like.

Your children/spouse can be the same occult status as you. You may cure them at anytime, but once cured, they cannot change again.

Aging - keep the lifespan on 90 days/ Keep your sim young any way that you can as long as you have unlocked the skill.

Be sure to review the Odds and Ends section here for a few more details. The rule of thumb is to always look at something and if your sim can do it, then you need to!

Odds and Ends

During the challenge, you will need to try to accomplish everything that one sim can possibly do. Most of the skill challenges will do this for you.

Collections - You can create and/or collect as many items as you want, but once you have found a gem, insect, metal, etc. then you must keep 1 of them in a chest either on your lot or in your family inventory.

Children and Spouses

You may marry a sim from any town that you are using during that 'season'. Be sure at some point to marry an alien so you can get the spaceship. You will need it for handiness upgrades.

There are many methods to have kids. You must use EACH of these at least once during the challenge:
    • Normal pregnancy
    • Alien birth (either through male abduction or regular birth)
    • Plantsim
    • Engineer a child (Oasis Landings)
    • Genetic Merger (Door of Life and Death)
    • Wishing Well (Lucky Palms)
    • Time Machine
    • Cloning (be sure to raise it and marry it into the family line)
    • Adoption
    • Imaginary Friend (turn them real at child age and raise as your own. They must become a family tree member and produce a child.
    Once a sim is in your house and under your control, you must keep them in the house until their death. EDIT: This is an optional requirement - if you choose, you can move them in to the town and just collect their tombstone or move surviving members to the next town before you move. The tombstone of the most recently deceased spouse of your Ultimate Sim candidate must remain on your current lot at all times. All others can be placed in inventory if you like. This will satisfy the 'ghost' requirement for the challenge.

Spouses and children may work, go to University, and do whatever is needed to complete their lifetime wish. It is not required for them to do anything however.

I am currently playing a version of this that drops the child and spouse requirements. Instead, you may choose a spouse and have children using the various methods but must keep them alive and young with you for the duration fo the challenge. When you get to the final destination, you move them out on their own and then work on having all the other type of children that are possible in the game. It's a different option and I have been enjoying it quite a bit.

This blog is always changing as I am still play-testing the challenge. As i run across new items, I will continue to add them here.

1. Sunset Valley

Business Degree - Rebel Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge) Create 1 blog.
    • Year 1 - Daycare
    • Year 2 - Business
    • Year 3 - Bookstore (PT)
    • Primary Skills - Charisma / Social Networking
    • Free Skill - Alchemy (you may choose others if they are available to you)
    • Activities
    • Collecting (use the Collection Journal if you earn the points)
    • Hire a maid, order pizza, have at least one roommate that remains through the entire season
    • Travel (required) - You must travel to one of the countries to purchase a chest. I recommend that you purchase 10-12 of them. I currently am using 12 but may need more soon. You may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. You may purchase items like recipes, fishing books, martial arts equipment, but you will not be able to use them at this time. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Werewolf (must acquire the curse by being bitten. must also pass along the curse to at least one sim) (must reach max level)
    • Family - produce at least 1 child through one of the various methods in the game. Child must remain in the family tree for the duration of the challenge. You cannot move them out and you must keep the tree contained. Child must be born in this town.
    2. Riverview

Fine Arts Degree - Rebel Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge) Create 1 blog.
    • Year 1 - Culinary
    • Year 2 - Painter EDIT: I recommend doing the Art Appraiser here instead.
    • Year 3 - Spa Receptionist (PT)
    • Primary Skills - Cooking / Painting / Street Art / Guitar
    • Free Skill - Artisan
    • Activities - Collecting (use the Collection Journal if you earn the points)
    • Travel (required) - you must travel to each destination to purchase the recipes. This requirement is lifted if you have completed it in a previous town. You may continue to search for insects, metals, or gems. You may purchase items like fishing books, martial arts equipment, but you will not be able to use them at this time. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Human (must acquire the cure by purchase or creation of cure elixir)
    • Family - produce at least 1 child through one of the various methods in the game. Child must remain in the family tree for the duration of the challenge. You cannot move them out and you must keep the tree contained. Child must be born in this town.
    3. Twinbrook

Technology Degree - Rebel and Nerd Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge) Create 1 blog.
    • Year 1 - Firefighter (unlocks the Athletic skill)
    • Year 2 - Inventor
    • Year 3 - Sculptor
    • Primary Skills - Logic / Handiness / Inventing / Sculpting / Consignment
    • Free Skill - none
    • Activities
    • Get a tattoo and a makeover at the salon
    • Have a washer and dryer in your home - you must have one in every home going forward in the challenge
    • Travel (optional) - You may continue to search for insects, metals, or gems. You may purchase items like fishing books, martial arts equipment, but you will not be able to use them at this time. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Witch (must acquire the elixir by purchase or creation) (must reach max level)
    • Occult 2 - create a simbot and keep it in the family until it 'dies'
    • Family - produce at least 1 child through one of the various methods in the game. Child must remain in the family tree for the duration of the challenge. You cannot move them out and you must keep the tree contained.. Child must be born in this town.
    4. Barnacle Bay

Physical Education Degree - Rebel Nerd, and Jock Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge) Create 1 blog.
    • Year 1 - Professional Sports
    • Year 2 - Music (Rock Star)
    • Year 3 - Grocery Store (PT)
    • Primary Skills - Martial Arts
    • Free Skill - Mixology
    • Travel (required) - You must purchase the martial arts equipment at this time. You also have to reach Martial Arts Master in the ranked tournaments. You may continue to search for insects, metals, or gems. You may purchase items like fishing books, but you will not be able to use them at this time. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time. You should also start working on the soccer tournament ranking at this time.
    • Occult - Free Choice
    5. Bridgeport

Communications Degree - Rebel Nerd, and Jock Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge) Create 1 blog.
    • Year 1 - Film (Acting)
    • Year 2 - Band
    • Year 3 - Film (Directing)
    • Primary Skills - Writing / Photography / Mixology / Piano / Bass / Drums
    • Free Skill - none
    • Activities
    • Hire a butler
    • Travel (optional) - You may continue to search for insects, metals, or gems. You may purchase items like fishing books, but you will not be able to use them at this time. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Vampire
    6. Hidden Springs

Science and Medicine Degree - Rebel, Nerd, and Jock Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge)
    • Year 1 - Sports Agent
    • Year 2 - Medical
    • Year 3 - Spa (PT)
    • Primary Skills - Science / Gardening / Fishing / Advance Technology
    • Free Skill - none
    • Activities
    • Start working on the Chess Tournament ranking as well. You can do this while in one of the countries if you choose to travel.
    • Travel (required) - You must purchase and learn the fishing baits from each country. You may continue to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Fairy (must reach max level)
    • Family - produce at least 1 child through one of the various methods in the game. Child must remain in the family tree for the duration of the challenge. You cannot move them out and you must keep the tree contained. Child must be born in this town (Hidden Springs).
    edited February 2019
    The General Guidelines (Part 2)

7. Appaloosa Plains

All Degrees Completed - Rebel, Nerd, and Jock Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge)
    • Year 1 - Horseman
    • Year 2 - Horseman (continued) EDIT: If you finish in the first year, you can skip year 2!
    • Year 3 - Cemetary (PT)
    • Primary Skills - Riding / Racing (Horse) / Jumping (Horse) * you must complete the challenges for the horse as well.
    • Free Skill - none
    • Activities
    • Dog / Cat Trainer (raise and train 1 dog and 1 cat in Hunting skill. You must max all skill challenges for both pets) * Due to the horse requirement, you can split these and move this requirement to another season if you like
    • Travel (optional) - you may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time. EDIT: I would NOT travel during this season as it will reset your horse jumping statistics. Travel at your own risk.
    • Occult - Free Choice
    • Occult 2 - Unicorn (you must adopt a unicorn - when you are ready to leave the town, you can have them return to the wild and sell any horses that you already have. Cats and dogs must travel with you.)
    • Family - produce at least 1 child through one of the various methods in the game. Child must remain in the family tree for the duration of the challenge. Child must be born in this town.
    8. Lunar Lakes / Oasis Landings (alternate living in each town every year)

All Degrees Completed - Rebel, Nerd, and Jock Social Influence maxed (must remain through the challenge)
    • Year 1 (Lunar Lakes) - Art Appraiser (Acquisition Branch)
    • Year 1 (Oasis Landings) - Astronomer (Astrophysicist) - Normal Timeline
    • Year 2 (Lunar Lakes) - Game Developer (Engineer Branch)
    • Year 2 (Oasis Landings) - Bot Builder - Utopia Timeline
    • Year 3 (Lunar Lakes) - Law Enforcement (Dynamic DNA Profiler)
    • Year 3 (Oasis Landings) - Bot Arena (Mechanic) - Dystopia Timeline
    • Primary Skills - Advanced Technology, Bot Building, Laser Rhythm
    • Free Skill - none
    • Travel (optional) - you may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Free Choice
    • Occult 2 - Plumbot (you must create a plumbot - it will be with you for the remainder of the challenge) EDIT: You can sell the plumbot before you leave this town but if you take it to the next town, it must stay in your family for the remainder of the challenge - I suggest selling and creating a new one at the end of the challenge.
    • Family - produce at least 1 child through one of the various methods in the game. Child must remain in the family tree for the duration of the challenge. Child must be born in this town (Lunar Lakes).
    9. Starlight Shores

• Year 1 - Magician
    • Year 2 - Acrobat
    • Year 3 - Singer
    • Primary Skills - none
    • Free Skill - none
    • Travel (optional) - you may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Genie (you must become a genie or free a genie - it will need to be tied to your family tree so you may marry and produce a child with them. You may obtain multiple genies.)
    • Family - produce at least 1 child through one of the various methods in the game. Child must remain in the family tree for the duration of the challenge. Child must be born in this town.
    10. Lucky Palms

• Year 1 - Politician EDIT: I recommend doing the Game Developer Career (Game Artist Branch) here instead.
    • Year 2 - Art Appraiser (Appraisals Branch) EDIT: I recommend doing the Painter career here.
    • Year 3 - Law Enforcement (Secret Agent)
    • Primary Skills - Gambling / Artisan
    • Free Skill - none
    • Occult - Free Choice
    11. Sunlit Tides

• Year 1 - Angler EDIT: Be sure that you have caught a Piranha prior to this town as they are not in Sunlit Tides.
    • Year 2 - Photographer EDIT: Take a picture of the local diner before you come to this town as it will not register as completed here.
    • Year 3 - Military
    • Primary Skills - none
    • Free Skill - none
    • Travel (required) - You must travel so that you can catch at least one type of every fish. You need to have them mounted and placed in a chest for safe keeping. You may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Free Choice
    12. Moonlight Falls

• Year 1 - Fortune Teller (Scam Artist)
    • Year 2 - Alchemist
    • Year 3 - Fortune Teller (Mystic Healer)
    • Primary Skills - Alchemy
    • Free Skill - none
    • Travel (optional) - You may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - You must change to a supernatural being of your choice (not human!)
    edited February 2019
    The General Guidelines (Part 3)

13. Monte Vista

• Year 1 - Criminal (Emperor of Evil)
    • Year 2 - Architect
    • Year 3 - Architect (continued)
    • Primary Skills - none
    • Free Skill - none
    • Travel (optional) - You may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Free Choice
    14. Aurora Skies

• Year 1 - Science
    • Year 2 - Game Developer (Game Artist Branch) EDIT: I recommend doing the Politician career here instead.
    • Year 3 - Stylist
    • Primary Skills - none
    • Free Skill - none
    • Occult - Free Choice
    15. Dragon Valley

• Year 1 - Gardener
    • Year 2 - Nectar Maker
    • Year 3 - Education
    • Primary Skills - Violin / Nectar Making
    • Free Skill - none
    • Travel (required) - You must travel to purchase all harvestable items in the countries and to get the nectar making machines. You may travel to search for insects, metals, or gems. No tomb raiding or working on Visa level at this time.
    • Occult - Plantsim
    • Occult 2 - Plantsim baby - you must grow and harvest a Forbidden Fruit. This child can satisfy the family requirement for this town.
    16. Isla Paradiso

• Year 1 - Scuba Diver
    • Year 2 - Lifeguard (you can use a mod to lower athletics while you do this career)
    • Year 3 - Writer
    • Primary Skills - Athletics / Diving
    • Free Skill - none
    • Activities - Own and operate a 5-Star resort. Collecting (use the Collection Journal if you earn the points)
    • Occult - Mermaid (must reach diving level 10 before becoming a mermaid)
    17. Midnight Hollow

• Year 1 - Criminal (Master Thief)
    • Year 2 - Ghost Hunter
    • Year 3 - Music (Hit Movie Composer)
    • Primary Skills - none
    • Free Skill - none
    • Activities - Own and operate a toy/merchandise store. Collecting (use the Collection Journal if you earn the points)
    • Occult - Free Choice
    18. Roaring Heights

• Year 1 - Private Investigator
    • Year 2 - Journalism
    • Primary Skills - none
    • Free Skill - none
    • Occult - Free Choice
    edited September 2015
    19. Final Destination - move back to any of the previous towns or a custom world of your choice. You may not move away from this town for any reason.

• Year 1 - Free Choice or Retired
    • Year 1 (Oasis Landings) - Astronomy (Space Explorer)
    • Year 2 - Free Choice or Retired
    • Year 2 (Oasis Landings) - Bot Arena (Official Branch)
    • Primary Skills - Snake Charming / (review all skills - complete any skill challenges that remain
    • Free Skill - anything you haven't completed!
    • Activities
    • Collecting (use the Collection Journal if you earn the points) - you must complete the collection at this time
    • Own and operate a 5-Star resort
    • Purchase ALL ownable properties and venues in town and upgrade them fully
    • Travel (required)
    • Get Visa level 3 for all travel destinationis
    • Purchase vacation homes in China, France, Egypt, and Oasis Landings
    • Complete all relic collections
    • Occult - Free Choice
    • Occult 2 - have a mummy join the household. Keep them alive for 1 sim year. Then you may restore their humanity and youth and join them to your family tree (marry them to a relative)
    • Occult 3 - Ghosts - restore the ghosts of ALL of your descendants. Restore their humanity and youth, then purchase a home for them in the neighborhood.
    • Any incomplete skill challenges that you have from moving to various towns should now be completed. Be aware that traveling to the future or countries will reset the Jump Competitions of the Rider skill. Save that for when you are no longer traveling.
    Odds and Ends

During the challenge, you will need to try to accomplish everything that one sim can possibly do. Most of the skill challenges will do this for you.

Collections - You can create and/or collect as many items as you want, but once you have found a gem, insect, metal, etc. then you must keep 1 of them in a chest either on your lot or in your family inventory.

Children and Spouses

You may marry a sim from any town that you are using during that 'season'. Be sure at some point to marry an alien so you can get the spaceship. You will need it for handiness upgrades.

There are many methods to have kids. You must use EACH of these at least once during the challenge:
    • Normal pregnancy
    • Alien birth (either through male abduction or regular birth)
    • Plantsim
    • Engineer a child (Oasis Landings)
    • Genetic Merger (Door of Life and Death)
    • Wishing Well (Lucky Palms)
    • Time Machine
    • Cloning (be sure to raise it and marry it into the family line)
    • Adoption
    • Imaginary Friend (turn them real at child age and raise as your own. They must become a family tree member.
    This blog is always changing as I am still play-testing the challenge. As i run across new items, I will continue to add them here.
  • jodiferousjodiferous Posts: 20 Member
    I just wanted to let you know that my ultimate sim, Ana, is currently in Season 4 a working on being a rock star. I'm having a great time, and I watch your game on YouTube as well.

It's an epic challenge but I've recreated my favorite Sim from my first Sims 1 game, Ana Madrigal. She's my favorite all time sim, so I'm having a great time. Thank you for your challenge.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm thinking about using this challenge to get to know TS3 (came down from TS4), but I feel such a noob. When you introduce your Sunset Valley world in season one you are like "I didn't change much, I just placed this and this and that" and I watched that minute a dozen times trying to find out what you were placing and where you got it from, and why you would need it for that season, but I still don't know! Could you please help a noob on her way?
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    I have been preparing to start season 1 of this challenge by building on the Sunset Valley map and making my future Ultimate Sim! Anyone who is bored enough loves to see how I fail get along at this ginormous challenge as a total TS3 noob can do so at my topic!
    edited April 2018
    I've been working on a checklist doc based on my TS3 Complete List and I noticed that the Advanced Technology is required in both S6 and S8, is that on purpose? I only noted down the season for the required skills, not for the free skills.

Also, is there anybody that can tell me which points need CC and what CC is needed for them? I did find that the listed Violin skill is in none of the packs, but are there any other skills / jobs that I missed?
    edited April 2018
    I have been playing through my first sim week by now. It was very hard to find a werewolf, none of the nearly 40 sims she met was one, so in the end I put the supernatural hangout on an empty university town lot to solve it. Then it took untill sunday evening, full moon, before her werewolf friend was actually in any shape to bite her.... so I guess I'm a bit off schedule, lol!

For more details check my blog which I linked above! I'd love to know if anyone else is also working on this amazingly well put together challenge!
    edited May 2018
    There are 19 seasons and there are currently only 10 types of babies on the challenge list. I would like to propose some additions to this list as well as tie some reproductions to a season if that is the season that has that lifestate, town or item needed. In the seasons that do not have a special life state / town / item needed for one of the ways to produce offspring I set it to "free choice" which includes the option to skip having offspring in that season, as long as you get everything of the Any Season list as well, but that shouldn't be an issue as you can decide to have more then 1 type of baby in any single season!

Ofcourse it will be up to @Llandros2012 if he wants to update his rules or not, and up to anyone playing if they like this change or not! Btw: I noticed that the Odds and Ends sections appears before AND after the list of seasons, is that on purpose? Oh, and 1 other question, why is any tomb raiding and extending visas to the max level only in season 19?

Type per season:
    • Season 1 => Werewolf baby
    • Season 2 => Human Baby (Normal Pregnancy)
    • Season 3 => Witch baby
    • Season 4 => Free Choice
    • Season 5 => Vampire baby
    • Season 6 => Fairy baby
    • Season 7 => Free Choice
    • Season 8 => Engineer a child (Oasis Landings)
    • Season 9 => Genie baby
    • Season 10 => Wishing Well (Lucky Palms)
    • Season 11 => Free Choice
    • Season 12 => Free Choice
    • Season 13 => Free Choice
    • Season 14 => Free Choice
    • Season 15 => Plantsim baby
    • Season 16 => Mermaid baby
    • Season 17 => Free Choice
    • Season 18 => Free Choice
    • Season 19 => Free Choice

Season of Choice:
    • Any Season => Set of twins
    • Any Season => Set of triplets
    • Any Season => Adoption
    • Any Season => Imaginary Friend (turn real at child age, raise as your own, marry into family and have them produce a child)
    • Any Season => Time Machine (inventing skill)
    • Any Season => Cloning (raise and marry into family line)
    • Any Season => Alien birth (male abduction or regular birth)
    • Any Season => Ghost baby
    • Any Season (Store Content) => Genetic Merger (Door of Life and Death)
    I am making quite some progress, my sim reached the max skill in charisma, social networking and lycanthropy, sold a 5 star blog, got 3 celebrity stars and a perfect GPA business degree. I took a 1 week break to sell my surplus collectibles, gather some money, and get set up properly before starting the daycare, and I also traveled to Shang Simla to buy 10 chests to be able to empty my inventory for now. Is anybody else still playing this challenge? If anybody is blogging or vlogging about it please be sure to drop a link so we can follow eachothers progress!
    edited May 2018
    Well PLUM, after a series of crashes my save got corrupted, and right when I thought I fixed it no more kids showed up at my daycare. As I am only halfway season 1 I decided I'd rather start clean, and take whatever I learned along those first 5 weeks to change up a few things. And I am going to drop 1 of the rules, the one that makes you take roommates for an entire season. I will have plenty of roommates at the university worlds (taking a dorm every single time) and in the real world they are just a pain. Getting in my way, standing there when my sim tried to hook a partner, etc. It just annoys me too much.

I also did a COMPLETE reorganization of my checklist doc, and I think that others might benefit from this as well! Please feel free to save a copy on your own google drive and edit it in any way you deem necessary! Please also report any incorrect and/or missing information to me so I can update this doc and my TS3 Complete List which I based it on!
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    > @AlHollandiyah said:
    > Is anybody else still playing this challenge? If anybody is blogging or vlogging about it please be sure to drop a link so we can follow eachothers progress!

Hi! Funny enough a returning Sims3 player here who've just learned about the challenge. I'm currently at Season1 on Llandros channel. And am very tempted to try something similar. I'm currently trying to understand all the logic behind the rules and restrictions and planning my game setup. So no blog yet. But I'm very interested in seeing others doing this challenge and keeping in touch.
    What I like best about this challenge is how it is all spread to tour around every town there is with plenty to do in each season. If there were no limitations on for example skill building you would probably have it all on 10 within a hand full of seasons and then the rest of the towns would be you bored to death waiting on something to happen. Further more certain skills are tied to certain degrees, certain jobs or other stuff to certain towns and areas, and I feel that Llandros did a really good job in making it into a whole package! If you do start a blog on it, be sure to let me know!
    edited May 2018
    Almost ready to relaunch and give this a 2nd run! This time I hope it will go better! The house that I've build for her to buy after she gets her degree is done, and I also opened the fresh blog already! You can find the details of the build here, and the new blog here!
    I have been working on my blog topic to make it look better and generally make it more readable. I added a nice (simple) logo on top of the original post, and am planning to add a same styled logo for each season. I also made a bullet style overview for the goals for season 1, with the season logo in that comment. I am also planning to link all seasons in the original post, so that anyone interested can jump to the start of said season. Curious? Head over to the topic here! As for the logos themselves, I made those with GIMP and a downloaded Sims font!
    edited May 2018
    Making some noise for this awesome challenge with a miniature (softer) version of my blog banner in my signature! This challenge deserves way more attention then it gets!
    Best of luck on your Ultimate Sim Challenge - I really enjoyed creating this and playing mine. I hope you have a glitch-free and successful run! Will check in on your progress from time to time! Have fun!!
    edited May 2018
    Best of luck on your Ultimate Sim Challenge - I really enjoyed creating this and playing mine. I hope you have a glitch-free and successful run! Will check in on your progress from time to time! Have fun!!

Thank you so much! I had none so far, except for my daycare getting no kids after level 1. If that is a good or a bad thing I don't know, seeing how frustrated you got in your youtube series. I tried so many things to fix it, and I also tried at least 1 day at every level to see if that would help, but when even level 5 got me no kids (not in the morning, nor in the afternoon) I just quit the job. It does feel a little incomplete, but rather then getting a headache about it, I just decided to move on. I can't help it the game glitches like that....

On the good news side: She just got a little boy! And if Nraas is not mistaken will get a little girl too! I wanted them close together if there were no twins, as I wanted her to have 2 kids this season. Because A} I'm working with my extended kids list and this season she needed to get a werewolf kid, so her husband was bitten shortly after getting married (totally not evil) and B} with 2 werewolf kids and a werewolf husband I can make them form a pack and get the irky annoying insect collection out of the way. And in the meanwhile I am just going to collect or brew some potent cures for those three for once that collection is done, as the other two are done already!
  • MyameeGirlMyameeGirl Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2018

I am still loving my Ultimate Sim Challenge! I'm still playing without any issues (knock on wood) and am currently in Monte Vista. My Ultimate Sim game has been going on for over 2 years... and I still love playing it. Life takes me away from it from time to time but it's the only save game that I play. This is the best challenge EVER! Thanks for the time you put it into Llandros, and also for making me love my sims so much!

AlHollandiyah... I'll check out your Challenge Blogs. I always love seeing what others are doing with their Sims!

I was going to attach my family tree that I've been maintaining on a separate website called Family Echo but I can't attach the PDF. :0(
    If I can figure it out... I'll post it!

Edited: Found it! :smiley:

familyecho.com/?p=BJKX5&c=i3143b372v&f=624580278950950209
    Post edited by MyameeGirl on
    I have finished season 1 and will start season 2 today!
    I have finished season 2 and will start with season 3 today!
    edited September 2018
    I am currently working on season 4, and I have a question for @Llandros2012.... Could you tell us why you choose to put in the rules that you can't work on visa until the very last season?
    I have sort of finished season 4, be it without the Grocery Store Clerk career, because that was so glitched that nothing I tried would result in her getting the job. Resetting everything by Nraas, going to the grocery store, shift clicking the mailbox, adding the career by Nraas, trying all those things in a fresh and untainted save, nothing worked. So I have put it on the To Do list for another season. Very probably in season 5 but I will not pin myself on that, I might do it in another town/season if I feel that fits better! Here is a link to the starting post of season 5, which I will launch soon!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Is there a version of this for Sims 4? This seems like an amazing challenge. But I just don't have enough of Sims 3 to do it justice.