Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Gems: NPC Makeovers

They're the unsung heroes who deliver pizzas, fix showers, and wrangle burglars. I thought it was high time the service Sims (well, the better-looking ones, to be completely honest) got their moment in the spotlight.

In other words, I was bored. And I thought I needed to practise my makeover skills, particularly with the girls.

Before I start, I should mention a few things.
Firstly, all the Sims I make over will be aged down (or up) to Young Adult.
Secondly, I'm challenging myself to tweak these Sims as little as possible - while I want to bring out their full potential, I also want them to remain recognisable. So, most of these Sims will simply have different hair, plus some small adjustments to the sliders for their face shape, cheeks, and/or nose.
Thirdly, while I do use a CC skin (Kurasoberina's Primer Ultra HD) and CC hair, I don't use any custom sliders apart from one that adjusts brow thickness.
Finally, feedback is welcome on any of my makeovers :)

Enough talk, let's get down to business - we're starting off close to home with these cutie service Sims from Sunset Valley :)

Jake Roland
U9z8wSl.jpg
fGRSozd.jpg

Tuesday Sears
I spent the longest on her - she just had so much potential :>
vUP0zLk.jpg
0aoukug.jpg

Alessandra Thistle
vLqs1y0.jpg
DwpPQ4w.jpg

And last, but certainly not least...
Torgo Pendragon
JS3GrPq.jpg
znGPtbE.jpg

Hope you enjoy~

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @TinySpaceFox I don't really pay attention to NPCs but I am familiar with Tuesday. I have seen Torgo's name in map view but never went in for a close look. I must say, he looked much better than I expected! I am a firm believer in keeping premades recognizable when making over. If a sim needs to be changed a lot to make them presentable they may as well be renamed as well!
    You did a great job! :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Wow! They look super. I'm not familiar with any of them, so not sure what they looked like before, but you did a great job and I'd put Jake and Torgo in my game any day! I need more guys since @CravenLestat has kept me supplied with the ladies lately. :wink:
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Thank you @Mikezumi and @bekkasan for the wonderful comments! I’m glad to see you enjoyed my makeovers :>

I think this weekend I’ll get started on the service Sims of Appaloosa Plains, the second town I ever got. I’m really looking forward to it!
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Kale Parrott of Appaloosa Plains is probably my all time favourite NPC. Total opposite of his lame cheating brother Kanoa.

Love your makeovers, especially Tuesday! They look great!
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
    edited March 2018
    A long overdue update, this time featuring service Sims from Appaloosa Plains. Enjoy!

Kale Parrott
    , specially for @Goulsquash :)
    Mm35DtR.jpg
    c02tvrm.jpg

Avery Sage
    2y0lsAN.jpg
    Wj8hKyF.jpg

Ashleigh Ashford
    She had the fewest tweaks, she's already beautiful :>
    OV7R4K1.jpg
    R1qeMa8.jpg

Seymore Cole
    tpbh5SF.jpg
    m7IyiZr.jpg

Benedict Brier
    This cutie can deliver to my house any time :tongue:
    K5JJSbF.jpg
    unAKNR7.jpg
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    @TinySpaceFox Yay! Your version looks great :) as well as all your other sims of course. I forgot about Benedict, he's always a pleasant surprise on the off chance my sims get a pizza.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • A785A785 Posts: 1 New Member
    These are some great-looking sims! Any chance you would upload them to the exchange or somewhere else? I am particularly hopeless at making or finding male sims that don't look like potatoes or ultra-feminine.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    The Appaloosa Plains sims look great! Is that the world that comes with Pets?
    @A785 I'm glad you like my makeovers! :) I'd love to upload them, though they do use quite a bit of CC so it may not be on the exchange. Perhaps SimFileShare or Dropbox.

@Mikezumi Thanks, I'm happy to hear you like them :> Yep, Appaloosa Plains is the town from Pets.

Anyway, I must apologise for not updating in so long, I've been busy with real-world stuff. I just had a big test today. It went well, thankfully, and I feel like a huge weight has just been lifted off my chest :tongue: But I won't be getting back into Simming until next Wednesday at least, because I have one more paper (grrrr....)

I think the next town I'll tackle will be Riverview :>
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited September 2018
    I think the next town I'll tackle will be Riverview :>

Riverview, eh? That's where my Larkinson family is! The wife, Fawn, was from the "Into the Future" expansion, but the boys' girlfriends were regular Sims from the town. I've changed some makeup and outfits for the 3 but they were quite pretty to begin with so keep an eye out!
    Names: Fawn Lacey(from the future(original Oasis Landing, not the changed ones), now a Larkinson and married to my starting sim), Kara Avril from Riverview, and Shantel Stringer also from Riverview.
    Post edited by Cadh20000 on
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • FrigidChickFrigidChick Posts: 59 Member
    Vladimir Schlick from Bridgeport:
    GMArCWK.jpg

Agnes Crumplebottom from Sunset Valley... after "bumping" into Vladimir. (I had this crazy idea to move the vampires into Sunset Valley, because reasons.)
    53cAgVI.jpg

Elvira Slayer also from Bridgeport:
    jpiKJNe.jpg

Jessica Talon from Bridgeport:
    BPpLmc1.jpg

Raphael Striker after FINALLY getting turned by Jessica:
    spoqAiA.jpg
  • aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    @TinySpaceFox I'm loving Avery Sage... Totally fits her job as burgular but she also looks gorgeous. Have to try this sometime!
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    Wow! I have only met Tuesday Sears and she looks amazing and you have kept the resemblance very well. I will keep my eyes open to spot the others as well.