Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Actively Playing The Sims 4

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
What Rating Would You Give The Game? Actively playing means those simmers for whom the Sims 4 is their main Sims game of choice and play daily/weekly.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

For Those Actively Playing The Sims 4 358 votes

1/10
0%
Bagoas77geoffreypaprincess_kaguya 3 votes
2/10
0%
KurotardSigzy05 2 votes
3/10
1%
Bluefairy286DevinaleAineMidnightAura 4 votes
4/10
2%
GoldmoldarColorist40Midiancatitude5BamajamGoofhead2BooV7227thenightcourtEdevane 9 votes
5/10
8%
auroraael14GRIMMYKita5399jeepjeepcatWedkeekee53NiLLASelkisChanty25ClassicalSimspiritslive99LokanyadoogerieAlbaWaterhouseSanriel85cheifeagleeyeWulfsimmerlyraDoodlyDoofusDestin2016 30 votes
6/10
18%
CK213Haids5987icmnfrshJaiSeaGalacticGalSandySimGeminilynne18AlexaiSimpatsyannxoJessiMeteoraStormelanorbretonGoldenBuffySeraphicPinkKiaraSims4ModsMizzRoseBudBoredinTXtaydevpixiejuiceLex2221 68 votes
7/10
29%
illusieLomelindi7HowGreatThouArtSikoahGraceateKnaWritin_RegStrangerthanshellbemeUmbralFlowerSimQueenie9invisiblgirltypicalgeminiMagdaleenaDJQ1308jimbbqukbucketalejandro15039loubylouloualanmichael1zagboorules 104 votes
8/10
23%
PlayOneAdorkableGirlwindweaverIrishSimmer21xbecky685xBlkBarbiegaldraculusa2003rudolphaTWSimGamer82SimburianjustChrisUkKitOnlyHumankemiszCherryrose_xsimgirl1010Vicks06WyrrenSjofnstilljustme2sekojrana 83 votes
9/10
11%
bshag4lvIcewolfJasealan650111imhappyVibsekokoro80alexandrealuthienrisingMindofyDumbDoreenmarbergdancethetideGlimmer50bluelightingMVWdeZTDreamOperatoralexiskleegrandmArsenGirlsleekoduck87 42 votes
10/10
3%
tams2578kerryemmiebethLizzychicagoJonathan777sdhoeykaityrose112rjssimHermitgirlTheGoodOldGamerCatersAmanda80thecatxoLeahmiller2006 13 votes

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    6/10
    I love the toddlers. I just miss the singer career a great deal more than I expected. But the Sims, themselves, are far more like the Sims in Sims2. That's what keeps me playing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    8/10
    I selected 8/10 because there are times when I dearly miss being able to coordinate my furnishings and would love to see a return of the color wheel. I'd also like to see the neighborhoods opened up a bit to allow visiting next door neighbors.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    5/10
    It's only my main game because it works the best on my computer. I'm one of those that wish there was a combo of TS3 & TS4.. each has its own problems, but I always miss features from one of them when playing the other. IMO the toddlers, bar drinks, dine out features (even with the bugs), and CAS (do miss the color wheel though) are hard to do with out when going back to older versions for me.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    9/10
    The only reason I didn't give a 10/10 is the small glitches, which are not game breakers but are immensely annoying. :#

Overall, I love the game, love the gps specifically because of the addition of gameplay, and the ability to really develop the subject more fully.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    8/10
    I love this game! I can't wait to have seasons, and I'm excited to see what other future content we get. I would love to see some more random events, especially some with a negative impact just because it can be fun to work your way back from a set back.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    9/10
    9/10

People seem to always look at what the game doesn't have, instead of what it does have.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    10/10
    Back in the days of playing Sims 1, this is the game I thought of as the sequel. It's much closer to where I wanted the series to go than 2 or 3. It would also work as a reboot if that's what it's meant to be. That said though, I rated this exclusively to itself as its own thing.

Everytime I think about this game, I find out some new aspect of it I hadn't thought of before. Came up with a few new GT club ideas yesterday, for example. Also thought up a few new builds for homes/community lots. This is also the first game in the series that I didn't feel any need for CC, and new game addons like those clubs make any want for mods less and less as well.

And as someone who is the least interested in toddlers and vampires, if ever I would want to find myself playing either, it would be the ones in this version. Bugs are minor at best, and are worked on constantly with monthly updates, if not sooner in some cases.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    5/10
    I love the game. But when I think back to Sims 2 even when I didn't have all expansions yet, I never got bored of the game. With Sims 4 I get bored soo easily. Lately I haven't even been playing for more than a couple minutes, because I didn't know what I wanted my Sims to do.
    So I guess, that as soon as theres more to do for the Sims (e.g. University, Seasons, activities, better careers), I will rate the game better.
    It has the perfect base to be a 10/10 game, but for me it lacks in depth when it comes to playing daily or weekly.
    I need more to distinguish between each Sim and each Save, household, world. Right now the only think distinguishing anything is only the shell.
    Traits or emotions don't really effect my game, so I just need it to be a little more in depth.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    10/10
    I love this game. This is my favorite of all the sims games. That statement gives me my rating :). I expect it to fill out more with past themes so I can't judge it on game play that I am sure is coming. I'm actually finding the process of waiting fun, I like the expectation that comes with it. It's the full Sims experience to me. I enjoy this game as is and often marvel at it as I play. I like how they built it with the emotion and other systems. I'm very sure I will be playing this game many years past it's completion.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    8/10
    I do love the game but I miss some details form the Sims 2 and especially it's charme.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    8/10
    It's not perfect but it's much improved. Still some glitches that I'd like to see fixed, and I'd like to see content that helps define age groups better especially teens, adults and elders, but with toddlers and other additions I feel like the game is finally on the right track.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    8/10
    I play it whenever I get the chance. I recently tried to play 2 and 3 but disliked the building of houses right from the start and find myself turning it off as quick as I turned them on. I do miss the colour wheel badly though and even the open world of Sims 3.

I do think Sims 4 has a few issues which is why I marked it down a bit. Some of the issues in game are irritating at times but all in all I really do enjoy playing it. I sometimes take breaks from playing, but that's just when my own imagination runs out! In the end I'm always back!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    9/10
    8.5 but I'm in a good mood today so rounded up not down :)

Lots of reasons for the high mark but high on that list:
    • art and animation style
    • attention to sound
    • rotational gameplay structure
    • the awesomeness of the free updates to lighting and gender
    • I actually like Toddlers
    • more focus on Sims than on world (but there are some beautiful views too)
    • range of animation with multitasking & emotional variations
    • the Gallery
    • push-pull CAS (best ever!)

Some reasons for not being 10/10:
    • long-term bugs
    • I suck at roofs and have no automated option
    • too few swatches + nonmatching swatches in some categories
    • not enough sorting in things like Sim-picking, inventory
    • not having weather (yet???)
    • not enough for Elders to do
    • not enough jobs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited April 2018
    8/10
    I love the sims 4 so much and it's my favourite sims game. The only reason I can't rate it higher is because I'm still disappointed that we can't completely control pets even with the playable pets mod.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    7/10
    I love the art style, CAS, some of the worlds and B&B items of The Sims 4, but we are still missing many things that I loved in TS2 & TS3.
    If we got body hair & piercings I would already say 8/10 :lol: that's how easy to please I am.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    6/10
    I like playing this game, I really do. But there are just too many bugs and I will always compare it to TS2 which is the superior out of the two. If someone would ask me for a description of TS4 I'd just say "it's very hit and miss". So an average 6 from me.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    7/10
    I enjoy this game tremendously and I play regularly. There is certainly room for improvement, however, which is why I gave 7/10.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    6/10
    I like Sims 4, more so than Sims 3 but not quite as much as Sims 2. There are additions that I love, like Vampires, Aliens, Selvadorada, Cats, the club system, some of the gorgeous maps, diversity of CAS...but the core tuning of the game remains a big frustration for me. The entire trait vs. emotions system is very backwards, in my opinion, where I feel that a Sim's traits should be first priority to their behavior and the emotions should follow suit and be a result of those traits. Whims should also reflect a Sim's personal traits. The emotional spectrum remains thin, lacking in very important human states like Fear and Anxiety, and the excessive happiness, along with its overkill of buffs, just destroys any consistency I try to give my Sims. This makes it feel like a game targeted to sit within the boundaries of a "safe space", focused on babying a much younger targeted age group. It constantly feels like it lacks the intricate details of individuality or life obstacles, replaced by an insistent positivity, socialization and ADHD behavior of each and every Sim.

Also, the Expansion packs always feel like they should have more depth, and the longevity of playability that is absent in many of the Sims 4 packs feels stunted. Too many corners are cut. And why isn't weather a default with the base game by now?

I want to love this edition, I really, really do. I still feel that it has great potential, if those things could somehow be dealt with. The Sims 4 contains some spectacular changes from its predecessors; the gallery, CAS, the ability to move between maps with ease, a user friendly way to edit both townies and playable Sims alike, the consistent and gorgeous art style, the detail of life states like Aliens and Vampires, the improvement of toddlers....but without those satisfying layers of the intricacies of Sim behavior and the limitations of player choice, I'm afraid that I just can't rate Sims 4 any higher than a six.
    #Team Occult
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10
    Sims 4 is one of the two games I play often. The only things I HATE about it is the toddlers, vampires break ins, and the fact I need to mod in my strict conservative values due to their "gender equality patch". When I orginally purchased the game, those were not included features.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited April 2018
    9/10
    I adore this game. It is my favorite of the iterations. I find it the most beautiful and relaxing of the series. It's the first game that I love the toddlers. First game that I actually build with. The Sims 4 is just stunning. I love how the worlds are interconnected and I can bounce between them with ease. The build/buy search feature is awesome idea. CAS is actually organized. Of course it isn't perfect and the main thing it needs to address are fleshing out personalities and the whims.
    Post edited by alan650111 on
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    8/10
    I also adore this game. I've been a fan of the franchise since the first game and I like each of them for different reasons. I didn't think I would like a game more than TS3 but TS4 has managed that for me.

Pros:
    Build mode is much easier and i've had a really great time developing my skills in this and trying new styles. I never liked building before.
    I don't get bored when I go on to have more generations. I focus on each sim, what skills and people they interact with.
    I'm always getting new ideas. I can play active careers and then move to freelancing. All depending on the sim i'm playing with.
    Rotational play!
    Scenery/backgrounds are actually stunning.
    Toddlers don't annoy me- I find them rather cute.
    Push/pull cas turned out to be much more fun than I originally thought.
    Travelling between neighbourhoods for different activities or just to live elsewhere. Everything feels connected.
    Free stuff in updates is nice too :)

Cons.
    Lack of colour swatches or atleast swatches so items actually match. I miss the colour wheel too but as a compromise i'd love more swatches.
    Story progression (or lack of). However MCCC does the trick for this.
    I'd like more traits, and traits to have more impact. Just so they have a bit more variety in personality.
    We need more stuff for elders, clothes, activities... ect
    Finally more jobs would be nice. I just like having variety.
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    9/10
    I love Sims, but even Sims 1 had terrain tools. There's obviously other things but that's a big downer for me.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2018
    6/10
    The lack of particular NPCs, traits playing second fiddle to emotions, an underwhelming whims system, and too scripted game play is why I am not giving TS4 an 8/10. If those are added, no open world and no create-a-style is why it does not get a 10 from me.

I was entertained by it up until I reinstalled Skyrim on my computer and was reintroduced to a game that surprises you with crazy situations and opportunities that you can exploit to your advantage. TS4 could use some of that. There are a lot of features I like in TS4, but I still need more features and for traits and whims to have more depth.

Toddlers, Vampires, and Parenthood are very nice additions.
    I hope they keep that up.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10
    While it's not my main game of choice, I do play weekly (probably), so I guess I can vote :)

I gave it a solid 7. It's good, but for me there still isn't enough to do.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10
    Can't give it a higher rating as in it's current buggy form it's not worth the 8,9 or even 10. There is a lack of activities for child an elder, I can over look the self employment as there are other options you can do that replace that for now.
    I love the sims series and would like to see the Sims 4 develop into a good game but for now...

7/10.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios