Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Service initialization failed

I have the TSM/P&N special edition that I purchased on Origin a few years back after losing my disc copy. Had a ton of issues getting it to launch on either Win 7 or 10 for the longest time, but found a workaround and was able to play fine for a while.

It's been 6 months, so I don't remember what the previous fix was. When I try to launch the game now, everything looks normal at first... but then, it automatically switches to windowed mode and stays on a black screen. And, if I tab, there's a new window with the error message: "service initialization failed" and a string of random letters/numbers.

Repairing the game does not fix the problem, and I am not having trouble with any other games. The only information I can find online is several years old and is for Mac users (I'm on PC). My system definitely exceeds the min. requirements, as this is a custom build that's less than a year old.

If anyone can help me track down a fix that's not a clean reinstall, I'd appreciate the help.

TY!
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Try to look at the settings - if possible - in your graphic card. I had to do that a lot, because every time my GeForce Experience had updated, it switched to other settings than the optional. If you can choose optional settings for the game, try if that helps.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited April 2018
    Try to look at the settings - if possible - in your graphic card. I had to do that a lot, because every time my GeForce Experience had updated, it switched to other settings than the optional. If you can choose optional settings for the game, try if that helps.

I'll try that, thank you!

ETA: OMG IT WORKED. I switched from default to optimal settings in GeForce, and the game booted normally.

You just saved me a ton of work. You are the best! :):heart::cookie:
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif