Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Black and White
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: 145,357
    TOTAL COST: 146,857
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cD1Un
    ENTRY DETAILS: I started out Modern and ended up going with what I thought looked more like a European row house. For the office space, I created more of a reception room to meet with a client and work space to one side. There's a second office area on the ground floor so both the Grays can work at the same time.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: ltdUuXz.pngUJ180X9.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited April 2018
    CHALLENGE BnS92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-BombGeek
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/955EC94F3B4411E8860F38E726CE10E3?fb_action_ids=2023202458000616&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=2023202458000616&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby, Newcrest - "The Essence of Grey"
    BUILD COST: 130,181
    TOTAL COST: 131,681
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Sztl9
    ENTRY DETAILS: This was fun; i really enjoyed this challenge. So all in all i built a Retro Classy Home that just happens to be Black White and Grey all over - 50 Shades of Grey. I am hoping it is not too much of a house but rather something upscale and breezy which requires very little upkeep on the landscape.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

g8U67lo.png

GddJlRl.png
    285JXDb.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Pallystyle wrote: »
    So if we use CC do you still want the lot uploaded? I assume, that is mainly for checking the price?

Yes, please :) We do use the gallery to verify reported build costs.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Greys
    FORUM ID:Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID:Ainsleyfr
    HOUSEHOLD: Gray
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Black is the New Black
    ENTRY DETAILS: I kept them basically in black except for some grays and some white accents. He's creative, foodie, outgoing with the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration (wants his business to be a success). She's also a foodie, cheerful and a perfectionist (scary in a critic) with the Bestselling Author aspiration (Wants to write more than reviews one day). They have some cooking skills. She has some writing: he has some computer programming and she's a 'Chow Chaser' - Level 4 Food Critic. Didn't want to level her up too much as it makes them less fun to play.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: OXBWIfg.jpg?1HbyHqyU.png?1
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID / ORIGIN ID: kilra0
    LOT: Living in the Grey Area
    BUILD COST:140,487
    TOTAL COST: 141,987
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Eq2vB
    ENTRY DETAILS: This was fun, never done something like that before and almost no money limits :smiley: I couldn't resist adding fish tanks, you know for a chef is nothing more important than fresh fish ( I got black fish :wink:) Enjoy.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YwtsAkZ.png
    CFax4Hr.png
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin.
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2.
    LEVEL: Established.
    HOUSEHOLD: Gray.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Reginald Gray:
    Traits:
    Foodie, Creative, Genius.
    Aspiration:
    Fabulously Wealthy.

Hannah Gray:
    Traits:
    Materialistic, Foodie, Self-Assured.
    Aspiration:
    Fabulously Wealthy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

zHdHQtM.png
    2TFHqIn.png
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin.
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2.
    LEVEL: Established.
    ROOM: Dark Lux Bedroom.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

K2ABXYN.jpg
    XDm6amE.jpg
    edited April 2018
    ATTENTION ALL

Build-N-Share is proud to present to you the Build-N-Share Guide to Showcasing Your Lots!!

cWP6tYZ.png

This handy little PDF should help you understand exactly what the judges are looking for in terms of your showcases and how to go about getting amazing screenshots to show off your build.

You can download the guide here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Pallystyle wrote: »
    So if we use CC do you still want the lot uploaded? I assume, that is mainly for checking the price?

Yes, please :) We do use the gallery to verify reported build costs.

Okay thanks!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• lorrie1910lorrie1910 Posts: 26 Member
    lorrie1910 wrote: »
    I've edited this to show links

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: CHALLENGE #Bn92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    FORUM ID: lorrie1910
    ORIGIN ID: lorrie1910
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/04AF58453A6211E886D238E726CE10E3?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lorrie1910&max=50&maxis=
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Cosy Cubby (Newquest)
    BUILD COST: $52,922
    TOTAL COST: $54,422
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.imgur.com/a/0EMQH
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern house built with grey bricks
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Y
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: sorry don't know how to show pictures

links are still not displaying properly even though I'm now a full member - what am I doing wrong please?
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited April 2018
    Is this the link to your lot @lorrie1910 ? https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CA3C531839E611E8824C4B57E267D701
    All I did to find it was search your user name then find the one that said 50 shades of grey. I right clicked to open that lot in a new page then copied the link from there. Hope that helps :)

Oh I noticed it didn't have the BnS92 hashtag in the description, you might want to fix that :)
    edited April 2018
    Kementari wrote: »
    Is this the link to your lot @lorrie1910 ? https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CA3C531839E611E8824C4B57E267D701
    All I did to find it was search your user name then find the one that said 50 shades of grey. I right clicked to open that lot in a new page then copied the link from there. Hope that helps :)

Oh I noticed it didn't have the BnS92 hashtag in the description, you might want to fix that :)

@Kementari thanks Kementari, I've edited my entry to show the BnS92 hashtag and the new link is: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/04AF58453A6211E886D238E726CE10E3?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lorrie1910&max=50&maxis=false

this should now be showing on my entry form.
    Post edited by lorrie1910 on
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Hello there! I must have overlooked this if you've already posted it, but can your entry be modified up until the deadline? If not, can you enter more than one build? I discovered wall coverings I've never used and it inspired a different exterior color combo I'd like to try. If the answer is, "no," that's ok too! Thanks for your time! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited April 2018
    Please see next post for official entry. Sorry for the double post. Thanks :)

CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LOT: Black and White House
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $137,768
    TOTAL COST: $139,268
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (coming tomorrow)
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Curb Appeal! Unique, modern waterfall home. Meticulously decorated in black, white and shades of grey. Main floor has open concept living room and kitchen area. A beautifully decorated guest bedroom, full bath, and home office complete this floor. Upstairs is the master bedroom with gorgeous ensuite featuring a sunken tub. Head out to the private balcony to play chess under the stars or sip some wine near the cozy fire. Head downstairs and out to the backyard retreat. Small pool area and hot tub beckon you to relax. Host your next party in style with a top-of-the-line bar-b-q, bar area and outdoor stereo. Lovely low maintenance landscaping in green and white make this backyard a soothing retreat on any day. A perfect home for a professional couple who love a monochromatic color scheme.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

living_room_black_and_white_house.png
    backyard_from_sitting_area.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited April 2018
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LOT: Black and White House
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $137,768
    TOTAL COST: $139,268
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/EtY9t

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Curb Appeal! Unique, modern waterfall home. Meticulously decorated in black, white and shades of grey. Main floor has open concept living room and kitchen area. A beautifully decorated guest bedroom, full bath, and home office complete this floor. Upstairs is the master bedroom with gorgeous ensuite featuring a sunken tub. Head out to the private balcony to play chess under the stars or sip some wine near the cozy fire. Head downstairs and out to the backyard retreat. Small pool area and hot tub beckon you to relax. Host your next party in style with a top-of-the-line bar-b-q, bar area and outdoor stereo. Lovely low maintenance landscaping in green and white make this backyard a soothing retreat on any day. A perfect home for a professional couple who love a monochromatic color scheme.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

waterfall_garden.png

living_room_black_and_white_house.png

master_bedroom_view_1.png

So sorry about the double post. My computer is giving me slow-mo problems. Thanks :)
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    itguyinsc wrote: »
    Hello there! I must have overlooked this if you've already posted it, but can your entry be modified up until the deadline? If not, can you enter more than one build? I discovered wall coverings I've never used and it inspired a different exterior color combo I'd like to try. If the answer is, "no," that's ok too! Thanks for your time! :)

you can modify your build up until the deadline @itguyinsc - so go, have fun!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Hello is my first time ins this challenge and I'm so excited but I have a question: when it refers to an office it is a separate room with a computer or it can be a desk somewhere in the house? and could I enter with a house and a room?. Thank U!

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

I've edited this to show links

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: CHALLENGE #Bn92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/04AF58453A6211E886D238E726CE10E3?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lorrie1910&max=50&maxis=
    LOT NAME: Cosy Cubby (Newquest)
    BUILD COST: $52,922
    TOTAL COST: $54,422
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.imgur.com/a/0EMQH
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern house built with grey bricks
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JTrrnkN.jpg
    guUYNIF.jpg
    So I uploaded my house but I can't figure out how to get the gallery on this website to show CC builds. I know in game you have to click on an advanced option but the only advanced in the sites gallery is for Maxis fav'd stuff. I am not sure how to get a link to it.

@Pallystyle - if you use the in-game gallery to share to your social media, you can then grab the link from there. We don't know of any other wasy to do it.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    KojiK wrote: »
    Hello is my first time ins this challenge and I'm so excited but I have a question: when it refers to an office it is a separate room with a computer or it can be a desk somewhere in the house? and could I enter with a house and a room?. Thank U!

I'm just checking with the writer of the brief @KojiK, but you can, of course, enter a house and a room. Just be sure to fill out both the entry forms.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Pallystyle - if you use the in-game gallery to share to your social media, you can then grab the link from there. We don't know of any other wasy to do it.

okay, I'll see what I can do. Thanks. :)

KojiK wrote: »
    We need a separate room please @KojiK.

GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID: Pallystyle
    ORIGIN ID: Pallystyle
    LOT: CC in Gray https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7C75C7953D0B11E886AB650268EC9136
    BUILD COST: 107,585
    TOTAL COST: 126,356
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tOUam
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to give the Grays a sophisticated and modernist home. I also love the style of CC creator, Peacemaker_ic. He makes such wonderful stuff and I thought I could decorate a home more to the grays liking with the wonderful thing he has created. I gave them a open kitchen and dining area and also added a small powder room and laundry to the downstairs. Upstairs you can find two full bedrooms and bathrooms. One is more a master bed and bath than the other. They have a small pool outside with a small entertaining area. I tried to keep the landscaping to a minimum so they can easily keep up with it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All CC is from http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YYIA3AJ.png
    kIgf0z0.png

SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/380783843CF911E88C59650268EC9136?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lorrie1910&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vLtnE
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Introducing Reginald and Hannah Gray
    Reginald traits: cheerful, creative, foodie - Aspiration: Master Chef
    Hannah traits: cheerful, creative, foodie - Aspiration: Computer Whiz
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

EFRroEp.jpg
    i1GAYu2.jpg

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top